Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cipher auto use

FPSNex

I would like a toggle button (like toggle sprint and toggle block) where I could set it to automatically use ciphers if I have them. I use them even on the easiest puzzles. I do have a key bind to use them, but having an auto function would just be a nice quality of life addition.

I don't know about making it automatic, but I have a proposition - can we make gear item keybinds work in the hacking interface? That way I can stick Cyphers on, say, F1 and just hit that button whenever I want to use one. I say this, because I generally don't use Ciphers unless I'm on a Spy mission with a the clock counting down... In which case waiting for the hack UI to pop up, fishing for my mouse cursor and finding the actual sodding button can eat up 5-10 precious seconds if I fumble it hard enough.

• Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb Steel_Rook:

I don't know about making it automatic, but I have a proposition - can we make gear item keybinds work in the hacking interface? That way I can stick Cyphers on, say, F1 and just hit that button whenever I want to use one. I say this, because I generally don't use Ciphers unless I'm on a Spy mission with a the clock counting down... In which case waiting for the hack UI to pop up, fishing for my mouse cursor and finding the actual sodding button can eat up 5-10 precious seconds if I fumble it hard enough.

I don't know why it's not a rebindable key, but you can just press Y or Z (depending on the layout of your keyboard) to use a cipher. You don't even have to wait for the hack UI to completely show up.

vor 15 Stunden schrieb Steel_Rook:

Huh? That's the first time I've heard about this. I'm assuming it's not in the Keybinds menu? Is there event a prompt or a pop-up for it?

Nope. No keybind, no prompt. It just works. Basically a hidden feature that probably a lot of people would be very happy to know about. So spread the word 🙂