The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Losing video input after playing a few minutes

sankgreal

I have recently bought a new computer and whenever I start up warframe I'll only be able to play for a few minutes before I lose all video input. Screen goes black like my monitor lost input. Sound is fine and buttons still work but no visuals. Alt-F4ing to desktop brings it right back. I've tried updating my video drivers, I've confirmed I have Dx12, I've verified the cache in my launcher, nothing so far has worked. HP with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8 core), Radeon RX 550, 16 gb ddr4 ram.

10 minutes ago, sankgreal said:

I have recently bought a new computer and whenever I start up warframe I'll only be able to play for a few minutes before I lose all video input. Screen goes black like my monitor lost input. Sound is fine and buttons still work but no visuals. Alt-F4ing to desktop brings it right back. I've tried updating my video drivers, I've confirmed I have Dx12, I've verified the cache in my launcher, nothing so far has worked. HP with AMD Ryzen 7 1700 (8 core), Radeon RX 550, 16 gb ddr4 ram.

Have a look at Windows event viewer after it happens. This might shed some light on what the issue is.

• Do you notice a grinding noise at the same time as this happens?
  • Does the PC have sufficient power to operate at max strain?

On 2019-03-06 at 10:50 PM, sankgreal said:

whenever I start up warframe I'll only be able to play for a few minutes before I lose all video input.

Do you have more then one monitor plugged in? How many of them lose video input?

Launcher settings, turn off full screen. Try playing the game in windowed mode. Does the whole screen still go blackout, or only the Warframe window go black out? Or does it work fine for hours?

Which monitor you using?

Right click, AMD radeon settings, display, freesync enabled? If yes, try turning it off and then play full screen. If it works fine now, then maybe this FreeSync monitor might be defective or faulty.

Sounds like bad video scheduling problem by Windows 10 that never happen in Windows 7, and if it's continue your PC will get:

1. Black screen (Phase 1)
2. GPU Driver stop working/crash. Solution? Restart PC. (Phase 2)
3. Your PC freeze and get BSOD everytime after you open Warframe (maybe around 5 - 10 mins of play). (Phase 3)

Windows 10? If yes, then try to full reinstall (clean install) that OS or underclock GPU by 10% - 50% from stock clock for the workaround.

Just warframe? Have you tested any other game like Skyrim or something else?

If the result same like you open Warframe then the solutions is underclock GPU.

Edited by ZackNeutron