Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Capture Mission Rework Idea

(PSN)BJwobbleDix

Currently, Capture is a very fast and simple mission with nothing special about it.  Though it can make for a good farming tool, I would personally like to see a little more potential to this mission. Here's my idea though it still keeps it fairly straightforward and simple:

-The mission will have 3 stages, with pretty much the next stage being more difficult than the one before.  The first stage is exactly how it is now but this time, the units that need to be captured, will be faster and more determined at escaping. So a lot less focus at engaging Tenno.  Could even make these units less focused on dealing damage and more on dropping traps as they go.  As soon as the Capture unit becomes aware of the Tenno's existence (this can occur from the Tenno being spotted by the capture unit or alarms are activated), a yellow mark will appear on the map randomly--should be a minimum distance from the capture target-- and that is the destination the enemy is making a break for.  Simply, the Tenno have to stop him before he gets there.  If the Tenno capture him in time, the 2nd stage begins immediately.

-Stage 2:  This time 2 enemies will need to be captured.  They will spawn somewhere on the edges of the map, with the potential of being separate of each other, and will be sprinting for a location somewhat opposite of them.  At this point, Tenno will be spotted no matter what so these new enemies will be making a break for it from start to finish.  It's possible both enemies will need to spawn at different times for balancing, such as the 2nd enemy will spawn in 10 seconds after the 1st to allow Tenno to have some room to react.  Once both are captured, Stage 3 begins.

Stage 3:  Identical to stage 2 except it is 3 enemies spawning in vs 2.

Now, it is possible to also make this an endless mode.  Quite simply, every 3 stages is the end of a round and the difficulty increases based on the number of enemies you need to capture and/or a slight increase in enemy levels.  For example, round 2 could have Stage 1 needing 2 enemies to be captured, Stage 2 needing 3, and Stage 3 needing 4.  Quite simply, each stage increases the number needed to capture by 1.  Can also have the time inbetween spawns of enemies shrink lower and lower and potentially be a little random as well.  Defeat could be the failure to capture 1 or 2 units. Whatever feels balanced.

Edited by (PS4)ImTooHungover

I like the current system for fast relic aquisition (Void captures) that I burn for traces. As a solo player squad restores are a bit of a waste for me (and take time) whereas the health restores and omni ammo boxes you get are both instant and better, though a very low drop chance so quick missions work in my favour.