Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Exploiter Orb fight glitches

Vanilla_nuka

Honestly, this was a really long fight, it took me a bit to figure out the mechanics, but all in all it was very enjoyable. It took me about 40 minutes, and noticed several bugs along the way, Ill post them here. The coolant raknoids sometimes rag doll when killed throwing stretched bodies everywhere. Theres a UI bug after defeating the orb, the heat meter basically carried over from when the fight finished, and stayed on my screen upon entering fortuna. There also wasnt alot of time after the orb starts to glow and when it detonates for me to grab the loot. Atleast the profit taker gives 30 seconds, there wasnt any timer for this fight. I grabbed the loot, tryed to archwing away and died, luckily still had some revives. The orb also in the first part of the fight was able to shoot me through walls which was pretty frustrating. it also seemed as if at one point during the fight, the orb got stuck in one place and I couldnt see the coolant raknoids behind it which was annoying but I worked around it and she eventually got unstuck

Now that im thinking, theres also another annoying thing where in the first part of the fight in the cave, my warframe would overthrow the coolant container and miss the vent and I had to wait forever for another one to come back

Edited by Vanilla_nuka

Lets see, the bugs Ive seen are:

- Exploiters pathing causes her to try and climb up the mountain which she stays causing obnormal and hidden coolant spider spawns

- If running solo after the second phase of the fight when you are topside you will get the "Waiting for other players" at extraction message with a 0 value

- Zudd constantly yelling shoot the canister is confusing and doesn't accurately represent what needs to be done, either messed up dialogue or poor boss triggering logic

- The thermal fractures will sometimes stop spawning, which leads to an infinite fight where the exploiter orb just keeps walking and eventually the orb enemies in the bases start attacking

- The coolant spiders will sometimes spawn right on top or under the orb which cools her instantly, additionally when they spawn in the mountain the can't be seen behind some of the rock formation

These are only the issues Ive encountered so far, but they are a serious matter aside from the annoying dialogue.

Solo attempt:

• Aside from the canister flying wherever when throwing it, and it being slowed down by ice, having sporadic changes in speed, it so happens that there constantly is a "Waiting for other players" message on screen. Playing solo, it's always at 0.
  • The Orb walks further and further into the mountains, with coolant bots spawning under it, inside of it.
  • I'm not sure if it's a bug but whenever it crashes itself into the ground to spawn fractures, Ruud's text starts over, the Orb's temperature gauge resets.
  • The Orb's flamethrower turret aims and shoots at you even if invisible with Loki, or the Operator.

Squad attempt x2:

• Clicking the event in the navigation doesn't start a search for squadmates with the same intention. (Why is it clickable if it only takes me to Venus?)
  • Getting a popup to "SHOOT THE CANISTER" every time someone throws a canister.
  • The Orb does not spawn on the topside after destroying it's vents, and transitioning from the cave to the outside.

I have not yet been able to complete the mission, and I'm not exactly in the mood to deal with messy matchmaking or throwing canisters at a robot for 10 minutes for many more times.

Additions to solo (edit):

• Canisters have a tendency to disappear when placing them in the fissure, or roll off.
  • There is one fissure that is constantly underground, or misses it's base rocks, and thus unusable
  • Thermia canisters sometimes explode in the air, despite not being shot, presumably due to AOE damage from the Orb.
  • Coolant Raknoids will sometimes run up to you even if you are invisible, have silenced weapons.
  • During the third and last 'throw canisters at orb on topside to overheat it' segment, you can get nearly softlocked: The orb only spawns fractures if it's temperature gauge reaches a certain point. If below, no additional fractures will spawn. Meaning no additional thermia canisters to throw at the Orb to raise it's temperature. (Luckily the temperature raises on it's own, but it takes forever, particularly with coolant raknoids spawning inside or below the boss, instantly taking down it's heat)
  • The Orb's mortar will target you even if invisible, including silenced weapons, or Operators.

I could not get the boss to spawn topside in every single of my 6 attempts in multiplayer. It always spawns in solo. Clearly there is something going awry.

Edited by ReedReith
Added more info, checked off a presumed bug.

Somehow turn invincible at least during the outdoor segment. Unsure how this happened, but it happened. Also was unable to bring out our Operator too. Maybe Warframe thought I was the Operator, but since she was not there, there was no one to damage.

Edit: Also some lines are repeated back to back. Not being told what to do (though that happens), but rather just certain event lines.

Edited by DenaBeloved
  • Like 1

Encountered solo in 3 runs (2 uncompleted due to bugs):

• when approaching thermia canister it makes pickup sound without any interaction and disappears you have to sporadically click X to pick it up before it vanishes this happened to me in 100% of cases in all of 3 runs
  • due to bug above in 2nd phase when you insert coolant thermia is instantly gone in 80-90% of cases
  • throwing thermia in 2nd phase did nothing for me in 2 of 3 fights, I tried throwing it when she: vents, fractures, shoots, did nothing listed, on top of her in her bottom part her legs and pretty much in any way imaginable. No heat generated at all
  • in 2nd phase orb frequently either nests forever in rocks or even worse in coolant spider spawn points making killing them before they cool her off impossible
  • in 2nd phase orb's flame attacks do not deal any damage in most cases
  • in the end of 1st phase my melee weapon disappeared and operator became inaccessible trying to use 5 made "blocked ability" sound at the same time enemies dealt no damage after this point for the rest of the fight
  • sometimes thermia canisters fly at supersonic velocities in straight line
  • frequently dialogue lines of Zuud and Eudico repeat twice
  • Players waiting for you: 0

So, i got the following of these bugs and imbalances:

Solo

• Orb mother trying to crawl on the mountain which makes it virtually impossible to solo without some crazy reaction time
  • Sometimes, the Thermia explosion does not melt the coolant reactors in second phase
  • Throwing Thermia at her at the last stage of the fight feels like a lottery - you might cause her temperature to rise slightly, rise considerably or it might not have any effect whatsoever

Multiplayer

• on 3 separate occasions, with 3 random squads, we got stuck at the exit from the cave with the damn loading icon in the bottom left corner loading for over 10 minutes. The exact second when i left the squad, the doors open...

Other glitches

• This is an Orb Mother fight - end game. Why don't we have some sort of queuing mechanism as we had with the Profit-taker to avoid jumping into the Valis at random and realizing you are in a fissure squad, not an orb mother fight...this is terribly annoying and makes it totally not worth trying
  • It does look that the fight was not intended to be done alone, not phase 3 at least. Orb Mother climbing that mountain makes her practically indestructible because you simply cannot be in 3 places at once

Due to all of the above, i have been trying on 10 different occasions to finish this fight and i am yet to kill her...

Edited by IceTeaFoot.

- Heat gauge is very random. I had it go from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds and the same from almost 100 to 0 with no raknoids in sight. This makes this already badly designed phase very annoying.

- No fractures. My ongest phase went on for like 10 minutes without any additional fractures being made, forcing me to wait it out or the RNGmeter to do its RNG thing.

- Too many Raknoids from too many angles. Especially when the orb is on the mountain and the raknoids come from the side of the base, with the sun in the back it's straight up impossible to spot or shot them.

- Invulnerability exploit... I have to check how to report this in detail to DE but you can get completely invulnerable for the entirety of the fight.

1 minute ago, Dark__Thoughts said:

- Heat gauge is very random. I had it go from 0 to 100 in a matter of seconds and the same from almost 100 to 0 with no raknoids in sight. This makes this already badly designed phase very annoying.

- No fractures. My ongest phase went on for like 10 minutes without any additional fractures being made, forcing me to wait it out or the RNGmeter to do its RNG thing.

- Too many Raknoids from too many angles. Especially when the orb is on the mountain and the raknoids come from the side of the base, with the sun in the back it's straight up impossible to spot or shot them.

- Invulnerability exploit... I have to check how to report this in detail to DE but you can get completely invulnerable for the entirety of the fight.

If you use an umbral Inaros with Arcane Grace you are invulnerable anyway 😜

8 minutes ago, IceTeaFoot. said:

If you use an umbral Inaros with Arcane Grace you are invulnerable anyway 😜

I just have a single basic grace which does pretty much nothing. Stopped Eidolons after about 150 runs or so because of all the bugs and people purposely leaving the group to cause a host migration that wipes all the rewards on the floor. I know some of you have an easy time with this fight, I don't but either way I feel I should report this. I tried through the ticket system, let's hope I won't get banned.

In phase 1 my warframe is unable to trow the termia canisters.

I can launch them as operator however.

(it may be related to the fact that I remapped alt fire to F button on the keyboard)

Tested with various warframe (Gara, Chroma, Inaros). IKt always happen for me 😞

Entrance to the area where the first encounter with the exploiter opens as a door under the map, players fall down into the map on entering and get booted to the entrance of Orb Vallis. Go back to the cave and the same thing happens.

• 1 month later...

It's such a boring fight to begin with and then it glitched on the last stage. DE please keep making boring content that glitches too-it's great to do the first stages and then have to abort so you get to waste all the time trying to grind the garbage for nothing. Why even bother making a boss fight if this crap is the best you can do.