The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

24.4.4 — You can trade equipped mods while trading

Kammakazi

If you have 2 mods, 1 is equipped on a frame/weapon & you want to sell the 2nd, you might accidentally sell the one that is equipped.

There is no indicator in the trade menu UI that states that said mod is currently equipped.

I had an R5 Augur Reach equipped, and wanted to sell my extra R5 Augur Reach, and it sold the equipped one instead (because there is no showing if it's equipped or not)

Yeah I have the same issue, traded out a R10 Blood rush, no notification that the mod was equipped on weapons, had to go onto all of my melee weapons to put the mod back on. Hope that gets fixed soon since the UI rework.

I can confirm the bug, I already opened a thread about it and sent a ticket to support. 

Many are also experiencing the same issue, here is a reddit about the same issue: 

Please do something about it, most of my builds are mess at this point because I trade mods frequently.

DE please understand that this is a serious issue for someone like me who spends hours after hours of research into making a build and working with so many warframes and different ability specific builds, its easy to forget mod I had in a build I made weeks ago. At this point, I basically stopped fixing my builds, and trying to make new ones, because whats the point. 

• 1 month later...

It's never been particularly user friendly even before this bug (I've noticed it a few times recently).

There REALLY needs to be some form of "equipped" icon in trade, mods and arsenal. Ideally hovering over or clicking the icon should list the items it's equipped on, just for clarity, but the current system, even without the bug, is insufficient. When i trade a mod from a stack of unranked mods, I'm getting the "are you sure? one or more of this mod might be equipped" warning, which feels like a false positive tbh. but even then I shouldn't need a warning, I should have an indication before i click anything. Sure, a warning to make sure i actually want to sell an equipped mod, fine, but selecting mods to trade shouldn't be a guessing game.

It's bad enough that selecting a mod to use in a build is basically pot luck, "is this r10 blind rage the one i have equipped elsewhere, or is it the one i want to sell?" isn't a question i should need to ask myself. "Is this blaze equipped on a sentinel weapon?" who knows? It's literally impossible to tell the difference until you actually have the sentinel weapon it's attached to, equiped.

I "should" have all equipped mods sepperate from unequipped mods. With a little icon i can mouse over to find out what it's equipped on. With all unequipped mods safely ready to trade without fear that i'm messing up a build (only to find out when i get into combat).

Honestly, this should have been QoL'd years ago, maybe (hopefully) this bug will put a spotlight on it.

Edited by Udinbak