Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon + Character status effects

Silescere

So, here I don't know if this is one of the new features or actually a bug. Note that I didn't alter the colors of the blade. This was done purely by socketing mods.

1st screenshot below shows from before the changes: The Dark Split Sword has innate Radiation. So far that effect showed dark purple bubbles. I combined it with fire (normally displayed with orange sparks flying) and toxin (green sizzly stuff pouring out), which led to a very colorful outcome. A bit pixelated, but I liked it, since it displayed every status applied.

sy4h20.jpg

So, now when I equip it, it looks like this. The -obviously overhauled- particle effects in themselves look stunning and will still show correctly, but monochrome. Disregarding different status/element colors. And radiation is now pink. Changing energy color works, but it still will only show a single solid color for ALL particles.

2m6jynr.jpg

If the latter is how it IS supposed to be... I hope it will get fixed anyway. This does not spark joy.

Edit:
Silva & Aegis now (btw the new effects are too bright. They illuminate my whole frame and parts of the orbiter) Even the flames get a pink glow
P.S. found the weapon elemental fx toggle (good to have it, but I'd regret to use it^^ particles are pretty) and fiddled with the effects intensity. That toned down the brightness effectively. I wasn't aware of that option. My bad.
Edit 2: Yeah, turning down effects intensity helped getting my weapon effects back to a normal level (always had it on the standard 100, which now is blazingly bright).
There is however a major downside to it. It also affects abilities and enemy effects, making them either very faint or dull. So I wouldn't consider this a good solution either. The new weapon stuff needs balancing 😕

2dqui3s.jpg

Edited by Silescere
Updated

1 hour ago, NinjaZeku said:

Try setting the weapon's Energy Color to Default.

It is. You can see that from the blue light near the blade's hilt. I tried everything I could possibly imagine to reset it to what is was (1st screenshot), but to no avail.

With "changing energy color works", I meant it works in changing the color of all the particles PLUS the previously blue spot. Wanted to express that the color isn't simply "stuck" and unchangeable.

Edited by Silescere

I found out why my enemies suddenly were "bleeding" blueish 🙄 My Sentinel equipped with Stinger (innate Toxin), now uses his energy color instead of correctly displaying toxin damage as a greenish, transparent cloud (see screenshot below). Even if Helios already stopped firing, the lingering Toxin status effect will puff up in those stylish blue clouds (far right corner, 2nd pic).
Same goes for ANY melee (including exalted) weapon that is used. It will take my weapon's bright red!
Frame energy colors and weapon energy colors shouldn't influence the display of a status effect. I was satisfied with blood spatters and otherwise styling my energy as I preferred^^
28wjs6u.jpg
wcg006.jpg

Below is with default energy on my Sentinel. At least toxic is now green, but has nothing in means of previous transparency. Instead it somehow looks like a blotch of solid idkwhat.
15nsl0k.jpg

I already scaled down the effects intensitiy to 70 (previously it was untouched at 100). I had it down to even 50, because it was too bright and intense... and to be honest, it just looks cheap. Anyway, the downside to this is: While my effects now halfway look like they are at a normal lighting level, the enemies' effects got dulled down a lot, too (seems their effects weren't pumped up). I tried to capture it with a "burning patch" on the ground from a molotov. See bottom right corner.

2mzxilz.jpg

Edited by Silescere
added screenshot

Disabled weapon FX because I couldn't stand it anymore. When I then went for a mission and was returned to my orbiter, I suddenly had my good old effects back (a bit faint, because of reduced intensity, but visible. Toxin is correctly displayed green and radiation is purple).
Went into the arsenal after I took the screenshot and the effects were gone again. I then ran another mission, enabled weapon FX and my swords were back to ALL pink. So something IS definitely bugged here.

14mc47c.jpg

Update: It just dawned on me that a change in energy color on my friggin Warframe now leads to status effects affecting it (enemy applied) having the SAME color as well!
Poisoned by one of those infested Ospreys? Well, you'll now look like you are bleeding out your choice of energy color instead of actually seeing green toxic enveloping your frame.
Please just make it stop....

Edited by Silescere