Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Extremely big hit boxes for the Opticor!

-NightmareMoon-

Hi I want to report the extremely big hit box of the opticor on allys, or friendly AIs. for example venary:

look where the reticle is aiming but the explosion is happening right where Venary is:

mAXVce9.png

This is a huge problem, because venary will  stay near Khora almost all the time, and when shooting most likely the laser will explode on your face:

X3K5KW6.png

look how high I'm aiming but still the Opticor beam explode on my face:

fW6tX11.png

this happened as well with player control warframes or friendly IAs:

ZF9MLpY.png

qVecRnU.png

The hit box is way, WAY to big, so please DE reduce and fix the hit box of this weapon.

Edited by -NightmareMoon-

Just now, -NightmareMoon- said:

that is okay for enemies, but not companions or other players, is completely awful trying to shoot this weapon when the beam explode in your face if you have any nearby.

It's like the launchers, be mindful of what is infront and around you. The only difference is instead of getting downed you wasted little over half a second due to collision.

24 minutes ago, Deadoon said:

It's like the launchers, be mindful of what is infront and around you. The only difference is instead of getting downed you wasted little over half a second due to collision.

omg dude, if you are not going to acknowledge the problem don't comment, this is a post directed to DE not you.

if you are trying to start something, go to the general discussion there is plenty of trolls there.

3 minutes ago, -NightmareMoon- said:

omg dude, if you are not going to acknowledge the problem don't comment, this is a post directed to DE not you.

if you are trying to start something, go to the general discussion there is plenty of trolls there.

I like the big hitboxes, it allows me to hit enemies side by side. This isn't a precision weapon, that is the job of the ferrox or snipers, the opticor is a brute force weapon, and the bug beam is both fitting and helps it in that role.

if this post is directed to DE and not other players, maybe don't post it in the community forums.

why are you even talking about a problem if the moment someone disagrees with your point of view you act like a triggered snowflake who would rather have them not argue than come up with a proper answer?

regarding the topic, opticor has very destructive AoE properties, and the least of your concerns should be the fact that it blinds you sometimes. Most AoE blast weapons that aren't opticor would instantly kill you. Besides, opticor has truckloads of punchthrough and will still deal a ton of damage. It's not like a misfire up close is a wasted shot.