Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Vauban Rework Idea!

StarMoral

Ability 1: Minelayer

Move Minelayer over to his 1 and lower the energy cost to 25. Remove Trip Wire and Bounce for Tesla and Vapor: A 7m radius mist that speeds up self/ally casting time and slows enemies. Buff Concuss, Shred and Tesla to do CC (Concuss), Debuff (Shred), and Damage (Tesla).

Ability 2: Detonate

Vauban detonates the type of mine selected in Minelayer, and becomes a walking mine for 15 seconds. The mine's power and range is increased, at the cost of having to reload the mines after the duration is finished. Concuss and Shred will not detonate unless an unaffected enemy is within its range.

Ability 3: Bastille

Have Vauban throw the Bastille mine upwards so that the barrier appears where he stands. No need for aiming.

Ability 4: Vortex

All enemies within the Vortex take damage when shooting at them, similar to Zephyr's Tornados.

No thanks on that Bastille change, that just makes it more limited, forcing you to move to where you want to place it. I'd prefer being able to chuck it a distance if I have to to CC a place immediately, before I can get there.

A better rework idea:

Minelayer: Moving Minelayer to 1, combine Bounce and Shred, and include Tesla into Minelayer to make up the 4th grenade option. Make the Bounce effect either scale from strength for friendly launches, or let friendlies who launch from it retain their first jump so they can jump+double jump along with the added height of the Bounce. Leave Concuss as it is, remove Trip Wire and make it a short wall like Grineer Blunts. Short enough to crouch behind and look over while standing, perhaps solid to enemies but passable by Tenno like Atlas' Tectonics wall. 

To replace Minelayer's spot in 2, a turret. Moddable like an exalted weapon using Archgun mods, a stationary turret placement that automatically fires at enemies but can also be manned like Grineer Ramparts. Perhaps an augment could turn it into a rocket launching turret rather than a standard projectile. Drains energy while active, recast to remove it, manning slightly increases the energy drain.

Bastille could expand outward when duration ends, knocking down and back enemies. Similar to Profit Taker's walls that she spawns, though not segmented and sent at different moments. Perhaps could act like that MOA precept and slow down, not stop, enemy projectiles.

Vortex could have a chance at distorting enemy projectiles that pass within its AoE, even if it's a chance rather than Zephyr's guaranteed Turbulence effect. Maybe could be charged to grow larger.

DE's rework idea was completely awful because they missed the whole point of what made Vauban underwhelming. The pure CC he offers simply doesn't work as well as other options, many of which offer additional bonuses on top of armor strip this, or finisher opening that (moreso than Concuss and Shred, because they aren't stationary mines on the map). Charging our still mediocre Tesla while still having the terrible outdated and useless Bounce and less than useful Trip Mine isn't compelling at all. And you know damn well how good turrets go with engineer classes, especially one who can totally fit Corpus aesthetics.

Edited by so_many_watermelons

make shred a passive to all granades - if the grenade does what it explodes and shred armor and do damage

tripwire may work like wall ( Photon Barrier - Symmetra ult from owerwatch) you throw granade and it generate unkillable and impenetrable force field like volt sield

i wish to see some interactions like tesla on console to do something - like door console to close them or alarm console to hack etc.