Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma: The Lingering Problem

TheSphynx

At one point, I had 20 forma in my inventory. I'd pick one up every 5-6 runs, get full, completed ones from the login reward, and also from the occasional alert. They're more common than you seem to think, seeing as there are many different ways that they can be picked up. 

At one point, I had 20 forma in my inventory. I'd pick one up every 5-6 runs, get full, completed ones from the login reward, and also from the occasional alert. They're more common than you seem to think, seeing as there are many different ways that they can be picked up. 

Before or after u10? Have you done any voids after U10 hit?

How long have you played?

Almost at 300 hours(would be more but I've hit the slots wall) but the collection of forma happened within a months time, back when I was spamming void to get latron prime, reaper prime, and frost prime. It was a lot more than it is now considering I only spammed ever again to build my paris prime but that only took me about 9 runs. Yet the forma I accumulated in that first month of the void being released has allowed me to forma my frost prime many times, some weapons, build several clan weapons, and still have so many left over. 

As for the idea behind forma and catalysts it's true that they're needed to unleash your frame/weapons full potential, but in my time of playing just about all other MMOs things that are the equivalent of forma and catalysts usually take patience and hard work to obtain OR money. It wouldn't make sense for forma and catalysts to be easily obtainable.

Edited by Hazmatzone

Almost at 300 hours(would be more but I've hit the slots wall) but the collection of forma happened within a months time, back when I was spamming void to get latron prime, reaper prime, and frost prime. It was a lot more than it is now considering I only spammed ever again to build my paris prime but that only took me about 9 runs. Yet the forma I accumulated in that first month of the void being released has allowed me to forma my frost prime many times, some weapons, build several clan weapons, and still have so many left over. 

As for the idea behind forma and catalysts it's true that they're needed to unleash your frame/weapons full potential, but in my time of playing just about all other MMOs things that are the equivalent of forma and catalysts usually take patience and hard work to obtain OR money. It wouldn't make sense for forma and catalysts to be easily obtainable.

We aren't saying that they should be "easily obtainable". As of U10 they seem extinct. They should still require a good amount of effort to get (or credits). Of course Catalysts, Reactors, and the rest of the stuff cash shop only should stay the same. I am absolutely fine with that, and will continue buying platinum to get THOSE items. What we are saying is: Forma (when used) require people to play the game even more.

A F2P game that is new and trying to attract players shouldn't be focused on how to get money out of their customers without creating/balancing items that would require them to spend more time playing THEIR GAME (which giving players more options to retrieve forma will do). What they currently have in the market, and having to buy weapon/warframe slots is earning them great profits, changing the way people can acquire forma will not hinder that at all.

Edited by ScopeWraith

Almost at 300 hours(would be more but I've hit the slots wall) but the collection of forma happened within a months time, back when I was spamming void to get latron prime, reaper prime, and frost prime.

You do realize, I'm talking about Update 9.8-Update 10. As I said in my original post, obtaining formas back in the time you are talking about was a lot more convenient and actually possible. Now, nobody even knows if they are obtainable from the Void or Derelict.

In this game one of the biggest things I enjoy doing is finding a weapon I feel comfortable with and completely decking it out. Catalyst, formas, the whole 9 yards. Sometimes a weapon requires up to 6 formas (including crafting). For example, I crafted a Torid and put 5 formas in it to accommodate the mod set I had laid out for it. With the current system, I would have to run AT LEAST 120 Void mission (20 runs per forma blueprint). Since I am against rushing, each run takes at least 20 minutes. That right there is at least 40 hours just running Void mission. That IS NOT even including the much larger amount of time it would take to farm the 120 Void keys. With just a simple guess, I would say you are looking at anywhere from 100 to 150 hours to walk away with 6 formas. That is a lot of time to spend to finish one single weapon. For a casual player (1-4 hours a day) It would take months (not including alerts).

Edited by TheSphynx

You do realize, I'm talking about Update 9.8-Update 10. As I said in my original post, obtaining formas back in the time you are talking about was a lot more convenient and actually possible. Now, nobody even knows if they are obtainable from the Void or Derelict.

In this game one of the biggest things I enjoy doing is finding a weapon I feel comfortable with and completely decking it out. Catalyst, formas, the whole 9 yards. Sometimes a weapon requires up to 6 formas (including crafting). For example, I crafted a Torid and put 5 formas in it to accommodate the mod set I had laid out for it. With the current system, I would have to run AT LEAST 120 Void mission (20 runs per forma blueprint). Since I am against rushing, each run takes at least 20 minutes. That right there is at least 40 hours just running Void mission. That IS NOT even including the much larger amount of time it would take to farm the 120 Void keys. With just a simple guess, I would say you are looking at anywhere from 100 to 150 hours to walk away with 6 formas. That is a lot of time to spend to finish one single weapon. For a casual player (1-4 hours a day) It would take months (not including alerts).

Nailed it!

Back when there were Raids, level 40 Xini for quicker defense missions, and higher chance of Forma dropping?

I can see where you think the drops are good, that's because you lived in a good era. Sadly, not anymore.

While we don't have the new drop tables yet it certainly seems that Formas have become much rarer. A clanmate said he did get one from Survival but having played a lot of them farming for Mag I haven't seen a single one so the droprate appears to be pretty small (and that of Mag Systems\BP isn't much better).

I agree that Froams are important enough that there should be a way to acquire them with some consistency. Before U10 it was possible by using T2 Raid\Ext keys which themselves weren't too hard to obtain. Either the drop tables for T2 Survival need to be updated with a similar Forma droprate to the old Raid keys or a new way to get Formas should be introduced.

While we don't have the new drop tables yet it certainly seems that Formas have become much rarer. A clanmate said he did get one from Survival but having played a lot of them farming for Mag I haven't seen a single one so the droprate appears to be pretty small (and that of Mag Systems\BP isn't much better).

I agree that Froams are important enough that there should be a way to acquire them with some consistency. Before U10 it was possible by using T2 Raid\Ext keys which themselves weren't too hard to obtain. Either the drop tables for T2 Survival need to be updated with a similar Forma droprate to the old Raid keys or a new way to get Formas should be introduced.

Thank you for your opinion and the information from your clanmate. Survival is next on my orokin grind list. Just finished going through 9 different tier captures. 3x Orthos Prime Handles, 4x Bronco Prime Barrels, and 2x Paris Prime Lower Limbs.

Before or after u10? Have you done any voids after U10 hit?

That was pre update 10. I had spent them all, and I now currently own 6, with a 7th building. Yes, I have, and yes, they do apparently still drop. The rates I have no idea. Either way, all this complaint about taking time to find/craft/get stuff is rather confusing. Do you want to be done with the game really fast and move on, or... what? I dunno.

That was pre update 10. I had spent them all, and I now currently own 6, with a 7th building. Yes, I have, and yes, they do apparently still drop. The rates I have no idea. Either way, all this complaint about taking time to find/craft/get stuff is rather confusing. Do you want to be done with the game really fast and move on, or... what? I dunno.

I want it to be possible to get formas in reasonable time, right now we don't even know if they drop at all. And knowing DE they will either lie about the drop rates or not release them.

Seeing as you will need hundreds of formas for a moon clan dojo and at least 50ish for personal use they drop way too rarely and cost way too much platinum.

Jeez people, update 10 has only been out for 60 hours and here are all of you demanding the drop tables and shoving your hands in DE face for forma.  Show some damn patience for the drop tables.  Why not give DE the benefit of the doubt that Forma still drop from the void but the RNG is just weighted more toward giving out parts old and new. 

Really fast? Really? I spent 2 days farming a forma blueprint. Over 35+ voids. You sir have no idea what this topic is about, or what it was even started for. We aren't saying we want it EASIER! We want it to return to the way it was pre 9.8.5... Or.... We want a different way to acquire them. Please read through the whole post before jumping in and acting like there is no forma issue....

Jeez people, update 10 has only been out for 60 hours and here are all of you demanding the drop tables and shoving your hands in DE face for forma.  Show some damn patience for the drop tables.  Why not give DE the benefit of the doubt that Forma still drop from the void but the RNG is just weighted more toward giving out parts old and new. 

::Sighs:: We aren't talking about since U10.... Once again some else who hasn't read the whole thread before throwing his two cents in. This issue has been around since 9.8.5.... All these founders that contribute to forums yet either don't play the game deep enough to realize that this is a sever issue, or just come here to bust peoples balls with their "cool" badges. Regardless. It is an issue for P2P and F2P players that needs to be addressed.

Yes, I have, and yes, they do apparently still drop. Either way, all this complaint about taking time to find/craft/get stuff is rather confusing. Do you want to be done with the game really fast and move on, or... what? I dunno.

Apparently? Please back up your statement with some facts. Facts like, where you got the blueprint, and if you have been rewarded them multiple times. Nobody is saying they want the game to move really fast. You're telling me you want to spend upwards of 150hrs working on the same weapon (without using platinum)? Personally, I like to have options with my weapons. Especially seeing that different weapons are better against different factions.

I don't think anybody is demanding drop tables. Hell, DE has never released drop tables. They have all been data-mined by players/fans of the game. Also, WE are not talking about Update 10 (60 hours), the availability of formas has been changed since 9.8.5. Of all the resource and database pages, only one person said "A clanmate claimed he was rewarded one in a Survival". That was in this thread. Not a single person, of all the people running for the new Prime items, has come to say they were rewarded a forma. Before you come in a thread, read 2 posts, and start flaming people, ask around. You'll see for yourself OR you'll eventually find out that obtaining a forma is incredibly difficult as of 9.8.5.

Here is an update of the 22 Void runs and rewards (Still no Forma):

Capture I:
Orthos Prime Handle
Orthos Prime Handle
Orthos Prime Handle

Capture II:
Bronco Prime Barrel

Capture III:
Paris Prime Lower Limb
Paris Prime Lower Limb
Bronco Prime Barrel
Bronco Prime Barrel
Bronco Prime Barrel

Survival I:
Mag Prime Helmet       25m
Mag Prime Helmet       25m
Latron Prime Stock     15m
Mag Prime Helmet       10m
Mag Prime Helmet       20m

Survival II:
Mag Prime Helmet       25m - Power Throw

Survival III:
Mag Prime Chassis      15m

Out of Capture and Survival keys. Onto Exterminate. Will keep you guys posted.

Edited by TheSphynx

I want it to be possible to get formas in reasonable time, right now we don't even know if they drop at all. And knowing DE they will either lie about the drop rates or not release them.

Seeing as you will need hundreds of formas for a moon clan dojo and at least 50ish for personal use they drop way too rarely and cost way too much platinum.

IF you have a moon dojo clan, you have at LEAST 300 members. If each member donates 1 forma, you should be just fine. If people in your clan aren't donating when they have the mats, kick them and get a new person that will. That's how my current clan works.

Really fast? Really? I spent 2 days farming a forma blueprint. Over 35+ voids. You sir have no idea what this topic is about, or what it was even started for. We aren't saying we want it EASIER! We want it to return to the way it was pre 9.8.5... Or.... We want a different way to acquire them. Please read through the whole post before jumping in and acting like there is no forma issue....

There isn't. I actually think that the forma drop rates before were a bit too high. Don't assume to reprimand me for my view. And if I go by what you're saying, and what I tend to acknowledge, then you do want it to be easier. You want forma to be able to be obtained more frequently. That is the definition of easier. If you can gather 7 forma in a month I think you're doing pretty well. Hell, 2 days for one forma? If you keep going at that rate, you'll have 15 in a month and there will be no problem. 

Apparently? Please back up your statement with some facts. Facts like, where you got the blueprint, and if you have been rewarded them multiple times. Nobody is saying they want the game to move really fast. You're telling me you want to spend upwards of 150hrs working on the same weapon (without using platinum)? Personally, I like to have options with my weapons. Especially seeing that different weapons are better against different factions.

Alright you wanna know where, and how many? 2, from t2 exterm.  Where do you get 150h from? Little exaggerated if you ask me. Some dude spent 2 days farming (not continuous mind you) and picked up a forma. 

Edited by Psychus

IF you have a moon dojo clan, you have at LEAST 300 members. If each member donates 1 forma, you should be just fine. If people in your clan aren't donating when they have the mats, kick them and get a new person that will. That's how my current clan works.

There isn't. I actually think that the forma drop rates before were a bit too high. Don't assume to reprimand me for my view. And if I go by what you're saying, and what I tend to acknowledge, then you do want it to be easier. You want forma to be able to be obtained more frequently. That is the definition of easier. If you can gather 7 forma in a month I think you're doing pretty well. Hell, 2 days for one forma? If you keep going at that rate, you'll have 15 in a month and there will be no problem. 

7 Forma a month since 9.8.5? Not possible. That was the point of this post... We are trying to figure out what the hell happened to them. How long would it take you to full clear 25 void missions? That is how many I have run, and still no forma or forma bp. That being said... With the time dedicated towards trying to get that one item (because i have everything else from the void), don't you feel I deserve to at least get 1-2 forma for the time I dedicated into the void runs?

7 Forma a month since 9.8.5? Not possible. That was the point of this post... We are trying to figure out what the hell happened to them. How long would it take you to full clear 25 void missions? That is how many I have run, and still no forma or forma bp. That being said... With the time dedicated towards trying to get that one item (because i have everything else from the void), don't you feel I deserve to at least get 1-2 forma for the time I dedicated into the void runs?

You got a forma didn't you? No? Huh. And if it's not possible, how indeed are they there in my inventory? See, what you're compaining about is the amount of time and effort to further bolster your weapons/make new weapons. It's the nekros argument all over again. Farm to farm to farm more. Too much effort for one thing.  And to clarify the point of this post was that we need "varied" ways of obtaining forma. Which, as I clarified, we do indeed have. We have them in alerts, in the void, as login rewards. You probably shouldn't need more than that unless you're trying to solo build a clan. Which defeats the purpose of having a clan anyways.

Alright you wanna know where, and how many? 2, from t2 exterm.  Where do you get 150h from? Little exaggerated if you ask me. Some dude spent 2 days farming (not continuous mind you) and picked up a forma. 

No, I'm not claiming I want the rates to be higher. I'm looking for a stable way to obtain them without spending platinum. 150hrs comes from the amount of time to farm the actual void keys and running the void missions to obtain 5 formas. The number isn't exaggerated at all.

You got a forma didn't you? No? Huh. And if it's not possible, how indeed are they there in my inventory? See, what you're compaining about is the amount of time and effort to further bolster your weapons/make new weapons. It's the nekros argument all over again. Farm to farm to farm more. Too much effort for one thing.  And to clarify the point of this post was that we need "varied" ways of obtaining forma. Which, as I clarified, we do indeed have. We have them in alerts, in the void, as login rewards. You probably shouldn't need more than that unless you're trying to solo build a clan. Which defeats the purpose of having a clan anyways.

Comparing Nekros and Formas is comparing apples and oranges. Nekros BPs have a 100% chance to be rewarded. Meaning no matter how many times you run it, you have a 1 in 4 chance to receive each blueprint. Formas on the other hand, share the same loot table with MANY other rewards with a much more frequent drop rate.

"You probably shouldn't need more than that.." is your opinion. If you enjoy bringing weapons to their maximum capabilities you WILL DEFINITELY need more than 1 forma every 2 weeks. Especially if you are a hardcore player (4+ hours a day). Login rewards? 700hrs played and I have yet to receive a Forma/Blueprint from a login. So no, at the moment, there is not a stable way to obtain Formas unless you spend the platinum.