Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma: The Lingering Problem

TheSphynx

You got a forma didn't you? No? Huh. And if it's not possible, how indeed are they there in my inventory? See, what you're compaining about is the amount of time and effort to further bolster your weapons/make new weapons. It's the nekros argument all over again. Farm to farm to farm more. Too much effort for one thing.  And to clarify the point of this post was that we need "varied" ways of obtaining forma. Which, as I clarified, we do indeed have. We have them in alerts, in the void, as login rewards. You probably shouldn't need more than that unless you're trying to solo build a clan. Which defeats the purpose of having a clan anyways.

You clearly aren't getting it. I used to get forma pretty frequently. To a point where every day after farming/grinding defense missions, I could go to void and get a Forma BP (even if it took me 6-12 T2 raids/exterms)... EVERY DAY I would have a forma going in the foundry. It motivated me to continue using forma on different weapons. That would lead me to investing more time into the game itself. We aren't saying we want more. I don't know how many times we have to reiterate this to you. We are simply saying they ARE NOT DROPPING the way they used to, and because of that, could/should there be another way of acquiring them. NOT an easier way, a more stable way as they were pre-9.8.5...

Don't take my post as attacking you or DE, or even the farming/grinding portion of the game. I despised the people that whine about how hard of grind this game is. Do you think I would be running 30+ void missions in search for a single forma blue print if I didn't?

You stated there are alternative ways:

Alerts - Maybe 1 forma blue print every 2 weeks. (1 month = 2 blueprints)

Login Rewards - All based on luck with RNG (Over 600 hours/ 2 months of logging in every day and I only got one forma.)

In the void - THAT IS WHY THIS POST WAS STARTED! You go run 30 void missions and let me know where you get a forma BP... If you do.

As far as the whole, "Why do you need so many forma?"... Cause I enjoy having strong weapons, and enjoy having sets of weapons. As I stated before. Full stalker set cata'd and forma'd. As well as ever Prime Primary cata'd and Forma'd. All done correctly, all literally melting level 130+ mobs. I haven't even touched the guild weapons yet which will also require a forma to build. Not to mention the amount forma I will put into some of them, AND THE PLATINUM I will use to catalyst them.

Enabling forma to be more accessible (since 9.8.5) will give P2P and F2P the ability to spend more time PLAYING the game. You look at other MMOs... RPGs/TPS/FPS/Whatever! Most of those games have "Dailies". The dailies we have as of right now for late game our Samples from the dojo. I am not saying that forma should be accessible daily, but in turn, it is a good way to keep players grinding. Not only the 250k credits it would take to duplicate the Forma BP from the Dojo, but also the time they play re-leveling the weapon. It is a complete win/win situation. Not making it easier, but giving players other options.

We aren't saying that they should be "easily obtainable". As of U10 they seem extinct. They should still require a good amount of effort to get (or credits). Of course Catalysts, Reactors, and the rest of the stuff cash shop only should stay the same. I am absolutely fine with that, and will continue buying platinum to get THOSE items. What we are saying is: Forma (when used) require people to play the game even more.

A F2P game that is new and trying to attract players shouldn't be focused on how to get money out of their customers without creating/balancing items that would require them to spend more time playing THEIR GAME (which giving players more options to retrieve forma will do). What they currently have in the market, and having to buy weapon/warframe slots is earning them great profits, changing the way people can acquire forma will not hinder that at all.

Okay I can understand and agree with this, sorry for the misunderstanding. Also sorry for the late reply, I'm don't have much free time on my hands lately.

Just wanted to add a little more information. The new clan weapon, Embolist, requires 2 Forma. Assuming it doesn't have any polarities (As all clan weapons do not), it looks like to craft and max this weapon out you will have to use a total of 6-7 Forma. 2 for crafting and 4-5 polarities. Just hit Orokin run 40 (refer to first post), still no forma.

+1 to this topic.

I think the community deserves some kind of reaction from DE at this point.  Forma has been a controversial resource since day one. Up 'til now the community has been pretty quiet but I feel an uproar is coming soon ... Personally I would rather spend my plat on slots and an occasional cosmetic item like colours. I feel like forma should have many ways to be obtained as it is a vital asset to the tenno arsenal. A weapon is only as good as its mods, and forma allows you to get the full potential out of these mods. Only makes sense that all Tenno should have a fair chance at it within a reasonable timing/price/resource cost.

I also feel the pricing of forma was always too high. Make it 5 platinum, 10 maximum (or 5 for 20 plat even, levelling up the weapons still takes a lot of time anyway). Also allowing us to buy a blueprint would really welcome players to invest more time in their weapons and thus, as OP mentioned, create incentive to buy the much needed weapon/frame slots once a favourite weapon is supercharged.

change platinum forma to give you polarity without lvling

add forma as market bp for 100 k or so that will require crafting and lvling

I like the "change platinum forma to give you polarity without lvling" idea. Even if it drops it to level 15, it would be awesome.

100k seems cheap to me for a forma bp. Keep in mind people have over ten-million credits in this game. I am currently sitting on 3 mill. 200k - 250k would be more ideal.

I actually got one forma BP, unfortunately it was before I heard about this whole thing, so I can't quite remember what type it was. I think it was T3 Capture but I'm not sure at all.. well, what I can say for sure is that it was T3 and either Capture, Survival or Extermination.

Well, that doesn't really narrow it down :/

Edited by LocoWithGun

I like the "change platinum forma to give you polarity without lvling" idea. Even if it drops it to level 15, it would be awesome.

100k seems cheap to me for a forma bp. Keep in mind people have over ten-million credits in this game. I am currently sitting on 3 mill. 200k - 250k would be more ideal.

100k is a better price point. It's attainable for the people that doesnt run a lot of voids and it's a low price point for credit hoarders to be confident in buying more.

It's funny, people say Warframe is "Pay For Convenience" yet to effectively level your guns to being great, you need forma and potatoes.

+1, some way to reliably somehow *even if difficult* to earn forma would be great.

Hell, even Derelict keys with a 13% for Forma wouldn't be terrible.

You could tie it in to void survival runs. So if you can manage to survive longer you have a higher chance to get forma as a reward. To the point where if you last like an hour, forma is guaranteed.

But that would require rewards scaling with how far you get in a certain mission. And looking at defence rewards, DE make it clear that they don't want to reward you for sticking things out longer.

100-250k isn't a lot.

Sorry for the double post but I'd like to remind you that tier 3 voids had the credits nerfed. No new or casual players will be able to obtain such copious amounts of credits with ease.

I've been having zero issues with getting Forma, have a stockpile from when I purchased my founders package plus I got about 5 in the last 3-4 weeks from login rewards and I have 4 BPs from alerts over the last month or so.

None of that is post update 10. The point is that forma is nigh impossible to obtain since update 10.

I've been having zero issues with getting Forma, have a stockpile from when I purchased my founders package plus I got about 5 in the last 3-4 weeks from login rewards and I have 4 BPs from alerts over the last month or so.  

700+ hours, I have yet to receive a forma blueprint from login rewards. There has only been 2 forma alerts in the last month (Confirmed by going over WarframeAlerts Twitter). Not everybody wants to buy a Founders Package. Thank you for your input but your argument is invalid.

Well, i have to agree that something is drastically wrong with the forma drops. I know i haven't posted much in the forums but i have over 600 hours in game and a massive lack of forma. Before anyone says buy with plat - i have bought platinum and 17 reactors and 30 or so catalysts colour packs and weapons and warframe slots. Before update 10 with a proper grind and helping fellow clan members through the void in the space of three 4 hour runs over a day i could gain between 3 and 6 forma bp. I have never had one off a login reward and i can't afford to keep buying platinum. This is the only feasible way i can forma my weapons. I agree no one wants an easier game or an easy farm (80 void runs in a week, hell i keep harassing DE for a T4 void with corrupted bosses before the exit) but to run for 4 days helping clan members hunt prime parts a total of over 80 T2 keys and to not get a single forma - well that seems a little much. I have bought the equiv of a top class game in platinum and thought i had done the intelligent thing buying potatoes and slots - turns out that I may have been wrong. 

I'm getting rather disappointed by the amount of people asking questions about cosmetic changes in the Livestream #14 thread. If you guys could take some time to ask about the current issues with obtain Forma it would be greatly appreciated. The more it's asked, the better chance we have of it getting answered and solved.