Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Forma: The Lingering Problem

TheSphynx

I don't get why Forma costs as much plat as potatoes. I'd buy more if they were more reasonable, like 10p.

They are still available as login and void rewards even if they don't show up on alert a lot. I got a few bps from keys this weekend so they definitely still exist

I don't get why Forma costs as much plat as potatoes. I'd buy more if they were more reasonable, like 10p.

They are still available as login and void rewards even if they don't show up on alert a lot. I got a few bps from keys this weekend so they definitely still exist

Can you confirm where you got them (using which keys)? We have had people walk into this post and claim they got BPs this weekend, and others who have been on 50+ runs without a single blueprint. Unless you have solid information from where you got them, we can't trust that you aren't just another one of those trolls. No offense.

Edited by ScopeWraith

If forma where 5 plat I'd probably buy a stack of them. But at 20 plat that is choosing a forma over a Warframe slot, or nearly four weapon slots.

I agree with you. Although, I think 5 plat is a little low. Maybe in a package deal, 10 Forma for 50 Plat. I just think there is other alternatives. Lowering the platinum cost wouldn't make obtaining them through other sources more stable and that is the main goal of this thread.

A forum post here: https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/108813-hot-topics-state-of-the-game-sept-17th talking about forma got a red response. Now it is just time to wait and see if Forma are discussed in tomorrows livestream. As of right now, I am going to stop wasting my void keys since the void is clearly not a reliable source to obtain a forma blueprint.

Basically adding possible rewards to the already overloaded RNG system doesn't make WF any more fun, it's not fun not knowing what your reward will be after making an effort, it's not fun getting the 20:th paris prime part when you're missing 1 for Dakra, then getting the 21:th and 22:nd in short order with no Dakra blade in sight.

DE should reduce RNG not increase it, give us ways to narrow down what we'll get a lot, at added difficulty, I wouldn't mind wave 40 rewards in each defense map being always a certain item etc (and supply that information, don't make us wait for data-miners to figure it out).

Award skill, not just pure persistence.

Edited by KriLL3

I have 10,000 credits right now, but I would gladly pay 200k for a Forma blueprint in the marketplace.

I haven't seen a blueprint drop* since the beginning of Update 9 (maybe before then). *Alerts don't count because they always appear at like 4 a.m. for me. D:

Edited by Ailith

After reading through this thread I pretty much have to agree 100%...

I spent the first few weeks on this game getting used to it and really, really enjoy the game itself. Since it's F2P, I decided to buy some platinum to support the game, and to make my life a little easier at the same time.

Since I had some platinum available once my friends and I started up our clan dojo, buying some formas to jumpstart things wasn't a big deal.  However, now that we've begun to upgrade the dojo, our frames and our weapons, we're beginning to realize how incredibly difficult formas are to come across.  I haven't kept track of each run, but I can say with confidence that I've done 20+ void missions and have 1 forma bp to show for it.  I'm going to start tracking all my runs and the rewards since I have a bunch of keys still to see how things continue to play out.

Also looking forward to the live stream to see what gets addressed, if it does at all.

After reading through this thread I pretty much have to agree 100%...

I spent the first few weeks on this game getting used to it and really, really enjoy the game itself. Since it's F2P, I decided to buy some platinum to support the game, and to make my life a little easier at the same time.

Since I had some platinum available once my friends and I started up our clan dojo, buying some formas to jumpstart things wasn't a big deal.  However, now that we've begun to upgrade the dojo, our frames and our weapons, we're beginning to realize how incredibly difficult formas are to come across.  I haven't kept track of each run, but I can say with confidence that I've done 20+ void missions and have 1 forma bp to show for it.  I'm going to start tracking all my runs and the rewards since I have a bunch of keys still to see how things continue to play out.

Also looking forward to the live stream to see what gets addressed, if it does at all.

It got addressed, but it was more of a shrug off. Scott claimed it was all the new items "Diluting" the forma reward rate. Sheldon said, "It should be now" when referring to a question regarding Forma no longer in the Void. They are claiming it has been changed in 10.0.4-10.0.5. Grinding all the Exterminates I got. I will keep you posted.

did anything about forma even change? I feel out of the loop. What happened to forma?

Since Update 10 (Some would say 9.8.5) forma and forma blueprints appear to have been DRASTICALLY reduced in reward rate. In the last livestream Scott claimed the new items "diluted" the rate. Sheldon said they should be rewarded more now. I have yet to see a difference in the 7 Exterminate runs I have made.

Can you confirm where you got them (using which keys)? We have had people walk into this post and claim they got BPs this weekend, and others who have been on 50+ runs without a single blueprint. Unless you have solid information from where you got them, we can't trust that you aren't just another one of those trolls. No offense.

I'll try to keep tabs on which keys drop forma. I believe they were survivals but I'll take notes when we do keys again

just got 2 formas literally just under 10 minutes today. Hmmm

What keys? Coming into a thread making a post like that without providing information makes it seem unlikely. 100+ Void runs, all of different types, without a single forma reward. So, 2 in 10 minutes seems HIGHLY unlikely.

Edited by TheSphynx

I don't have many issues with update 10, but this is major one. Forma is way too rare.

How about a chance of having them awarded from the derelicts? It would give some good incentive to play on those maps. Or even a chance of having them drop from Lephantis would be pretty good.

If you're going to keep adding bosses at the quality of Lephantis it would be awesome if we had a reason to go back and kill them even after we've gotten the Warfarme or gun, or whatever they drop.

Edited by Anymetal

I don't have many issues with update 10, but this is major one. Forma is way to rare.

How about a chance of having them awarded from the derelicts?. It would give some good incentive to play on those maps. Or even a chance of having them drop from Lephantis would be pretty good.

If you're going to keep adding bosses at the quality of Lephantis it would be awesome if we had a reason to go back and kill them even after we've gotten the Warfarme or gun, or whatever they drop.

100% agreed.

One could easily argue that if forma becomes increasingly necessary to progress in the game, DE needs to implement more ways to obtain it other then Voids and platinum. Forma has become vital to any player's plans of expansion towards end game material, so it's clear it's not a convenience item, and it sure ain't a cosmetic either !

Ninja play free, or is that a thing of the past now ?

I will be making a mega thread soon. Including all of the reward data from the 100+ void runs. Also, suggestions to help the current forma system. If you guys can think of any other ways to improve the system, let me know! I'll be sure to include it in the mega post.

I will be making a mega thread soon. Including all of the reward data from the 100+ void runs. Also, suggestions to help the current forma system. If you guys can think of any other ways to improve the system, let me know! I'll be sure to include it in the mega post.

ALSO... If you HAVE gotten a forma from the void recently (since U10), please tell us where/when and how many runs it took. If it was a survival, what time increment was the reward received.

Edited by ScopeWraith

First of all I like the general ideas in this thread; I'm glad at lease some one still cares about this forma issue.  But who the Hek said you needed to polarize a weapon 3-5 times??? I've never needed to polarize a weapon more than once!

When a weapon comes with 0 polarities (such as bronco/braton prime) it is sometimes necessary to add 3-5 polarities in order to get the weapon to its maximum potential.

First of all I like the general ideas in this thread; I'm glad at lease some one still cares about this forma issue.  But who the Hek said you needed to polarize a weapon 3-5 times??? I've never needed to polarize a weapon more than once!

Weapons need 4-5 polarities to fit in all maxed mods with optimal performance.