Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Don't You Even Nerf The Soma (Inb4Strunwraith)

lronPatriot

Why oh why do people insist on nerfs in a pve game? Just... why???

Because gross imbalances remove a great deal of variety.

Even if I am content to artificially limit myself, rather than relying on the game to present a multitude of viable options, not everyone else is. Warframe is a cooperative game, and joining a match to see everyone running around with the same handful of weapons, modded exactly the same way, is rather bland.

Furthermore, these handful of weapons are needed to compete, and you need to be competitive to pull your own weight in higher rank content. I may like a useless weapon, I may be willing to use a useless weapon, but is it fair to me to ask everyone I play with to carry me through content where my weapon cannot do remotely as well as what others are using?

People who wants soma nerfed and useless : a bunch of guys with others rifles like supra and braton with 9 formas

"MAH WEAPON WITH 9 FORMAS IST THAT GOOD LIKE THAT ! NERF !"

thats why

Soma is one of my favorite weapons, and I'm about to use my second forma on it.

It's still too potent relative to many other weapons, and I am in favor of some sort of nerf.

So, yeah, your hypothesis is a load of BS.

Dunno, if you decrease crit chance it becomes S#&$, if you also increase damage to compensate it becomes a Gorgon 2.0.

Frankly, I'd follow the model's appearence. That thing has at most 40 bullets in the clip, and each bullet is pretty big. Looks long-ranged as it has a long barrel, but seems too light for real sustained fire.

I would thus boost a bit the damage per shot, nerf critical while still leaving it decent (more than 25%), nerf clip size to 40 or whatever is the amount of bullet physically present in the clip.

And wall this beyond a mastery 4 or 5

I don't feel Soma needs a tremendous nerf. At the very least, it could be mastery-locked, though I don't see how it can be done this late after U10.

If that can't be done, though, a slight nerf may be a good idea. I mean it does outclass the Supra, which is supposed to be the end-game weapon of its class at the moment, almost entirely. And unlike the Supra, the Soma is readily available to all players regardless of rank. Its a shame because I love the Soma as is, but I think it does need some tweaking. Not necessarily nerfing. But tweaking.

Edited by SlimShazbot

Seriously, you making a thread saying the Soma SHOULDN'T be nerfed just calls needless attention.

You realise the majority of people won't have tried the Soma, now you have them interested. They'll look it up, they'll ask themselves if it's OP and it's all thanks to you.

You got a strange way of trying to silence the community.

There are multiple threads on how "OP" the gun is. It's a great weapon. Does it need a nerf? No. Does it need a higher mastery rank to be available? Very much yes. 

I don't feel Soma needs a tremendous nerf. At the very least, it could be mastery-locked, though I don't see how it can be done this late after U10.

If that can't be done, though, a slight nerf may be a good idea. I mean it does outclass the Supra, which is supposed to be the end-game weapon of its class at the moment, almost entirely. And unlike the Supra, the Soma is readily available to all players regardless of rank. Its a shame because I love the Soma as is, but I think it does need some tweaking. Not necessarily nerfing. But tweaking.

Agree. It's too late to give a mastery rank criteria on this thing. 

It's never too late who ever managed to get their hands on it without mastery lock are lucky. If new players want it they gotta work for it.

They could just modify the item. It's not difficult and it would apply to everyone once they have updated the game. Think of opening a microsoft word document and typing 100. Save it, close it. Open it again, replace 100 with 106, save it, close it. Done. It's actually that simple. [if they included a mastery rank in their code]

They could just modify the item. It's not difficult and it would apply to everyone once they have updated the game. Think of opening a microsoft word document and typing 100. Save it, close it. Open it again, replace 100 with 106, save it, close it. Done. It's actually that simple. [if they included a mastery rank in their code]

Yep...it's all it needs.

No what this shows is they don't even bother testing their stuff before they release it. Sure we are "Beta Testers", but don't give us a cookie then later snatch it. Also Beta has no meaning in this game when it's treated as released on steam. 

Digital Extremes has a limited range of machines (in other words a very small) to test things on. every computer works a little differently. 

preliminary balancing is only so useful, the opinions of ~20 people is far from the opinions of ~300,000.

Digital Extremes has also stated (Steve in particular) that content in Warframe is being released in a preliminary state. once something works well enough to be pushed out, it is. it is improved over time. all and any bugs are also capable of being smoothed out at the same time.

from a business standpoint, it gets twice the progress done in the same time.

It's an excuse not to balance it.

indeed it is...

(and once again, roads many other games have traveled down, and thusly died because they had no substance to them after easymode infected the game)

indeed it is...

(and once again, roads many other games have traveled down, and thusly died because they had no substance to them after easymode infected the game)

For solo gameplay not even wraith is remotely OP, they broke the co-op gameplay where even basic gear renders the game as too easy. They need to take a look at implementing a damage plenty when in a group and work out far harsher means of punishing team. This could be as simple as 50% less damage when in a group of 4 along with having the NPC of a higher level. There are so many ways to fix Co-Op that wouldn't hurt people that want the solo Ninja experience.

DE had done a very good Job making a single player game and the problem is they made a sub average group based game.

It's never too late who ever managed to get their hands on it without mastery lock are lucky. If new players want it they gotta work for it.

How long will we have to wait then, for new players to make the bulk of the warframe community? If after the rank increase, 90% of current players already have it, then everyone will be using either strun wraith or soma and not other guns (DPS is priority for most players). 

If players are afraid that there won't be a viable rifle late game, then either buff other rifles around soma, or nerf soma and introduce its replacement at higher mastery rank. Either way, there will be a viable gun late game.

Why oh why do people insist on nerfs in a pve game? Just... why??? Are you feeling sorry for the grineer that we are killing them so well?

Because without balance there is no agency.

Without agency there are no RPG elements.

While the gunplay is pretty fun, it isn't strong enough to sustain.

That thing has at most 40 bullets in the clip

If the magazine/clip depicts the physical rounds, it would have a magazine size of 23 (maybe 25 max, if one round at each end is obscured).

For solo gameplay not even wraith is remotely OP, they broke the co-op gameplay where even basic gear renders the game as too easy. They need to take a look at implementing a damage plenty when in a group and work out far harsher means of punishing team. This could be as simple as 50% less damage when in a group of 4 along with having the NPC of a higher level. There are so many ways to fix Co-Op that wouldn't hurt people that want the solo Ninja experience.

DE had done a very good Job making a single player game and the problem is they made a sub average group based game.

I'm completely against anything that makes content scale based on number of players.

I feel the game should be singularly balanced around four player, co-op, PvE, with fewer numbers, or solo, being a challenging option for those who feel up to the task.

lmfao 10 damage

It's essentially a weapon with 74 base damage, but only five mod slots to compensate.

Edited by Saenol

How long will we have to wait then, for new players to make the bulk of the warframe community? If after the rank increase, 90% of current players already have it, then everyone will be using either strun wraith or soma and not other guns (DPS is priority for most players). 

If players are afraid that there won't be a viable rifle late game, then either buff other rifles around soma, or nerf soma and introduce its replacement at higher mastery rank. Either way, there will be a viable gun late game.

They can still lock it. Make players work for it if they want to use it.