Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Very unclear how to kill Silver Grove specters for weekly battlepass quest

SonicSonedit

On 2019-03-27 at 1:25 AM, AwkwardLazarow said:

But you can have more of the same apothic, I thought I could use one per mission but I saw an option to use another after I killed in the second mission. So I feel like if you have 3 apothics of the same type you can do it in one mission

Yeah, i forgot that. I used one of all 3 so i had to do it 3 times seperately.

Edited by Peter_47

On 2019-03-26 at 7:25 PM, AwkwardLazarow said:

But you can have more of the same apothic, I thought I could use one per mission but I saw an option to use another after I killed in the second mission. So I feel like if you have 3 apothics of the same type you can do it in one mission

The limit is 2 apothic of the same type per mission.    You can have a dozen in your inventory but in-mission, only 2 will be shown in your gear wheel to be allowed for use. So a minimum of two runs will be required for solo play. With another player present with at least 1 apothic, the Nightwave specter challenge can be done in one run. 

Tip:  the specters can be desecrated / pilfered for extra mod drops.

Edited by MystMan

On 2019-03-26 at 2:15 PM, NezuHimeSama said:

I think, if anything, that reaffirms that the explanation provided in the nightwave prompt was adequate.

But, this is one of the less obfuscated things. If you find a silver grove again, which isn't hard, and check the shrine thing, which is the normal thing to do, it tells you either that you need to equip an apothic, or that you can use the apothic you have equipped. That, on it's own, should prompt the player with enough information to make them try crafting another apothic and spawning another silver grove specter.

There's a lot of things in Warframe that aren't adequately explained. Like, the last event? What explanation was there? Oh look, dropped into Orb Vallis. No further explanation. Oh look, some garbled graphics and progress bars. No further explanation. The entire exploiter orb fight had decidedly inadequate explanation given at every stage(what "vents"? does the explosion on impact count as an explosion or do you have to shoot it mid-air? and the blast radius is so small, it's easy to lob a dozen of them without any indication it's even working. Never mind the second phase, which still doesn't make any sense at all to me.) Silver Grove specters, though? Find a silver grove after completing the codex mission, look at the alter, "oh I wonder if I can trigger another one of those things somehow, I should investigate" no further explanation required.

Anyone remember when all you had to go on was "it's dangerous to go alone!"?

THIS ^  ......Honestly, it's totally fine that the OP didn't know about these.  That's why we're all here to help, and some really did.  That being said, I DO think, as I peruse the myriad of topics in these forums, that too many keep wanting things to be so spelled out...  I find it REWARDING to explore and discover. I don't WANT linear gameplay.  TBH, that's one the BEST things ABOUT Warframe...it doesn't have to spoonfeed stuff to you, and it leaves it up to the player as to how they want to progress.