Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mutalist Alad V

(XBOX)A weedy Girl

I just tried to kill Mutalist Alad V for the sortie , and I've gotta say he has to be the worst designed boss fight I've ever experienced in any game.

He becomes vunerable for 1 second at a time if your lucky , and half of the times he does your either being poisoned or having a wall of  fire slammed in your face.

As for energy for abilities , forget it. 20+ parasite enemies kinda puts paid to that.

I had no choice but to solo it as I cant play with people at the moment , and it felt like I had no chance. Seriously , F*!* that guy!

..... end of rant.

Yeah the '1 second' vulnerability seemed a little 'extreme' when he can sit there invulnerable for 10-20 seconds while we're getting swarmed with infested.  The immortal phases are the exact thing we keep complaining about when it comes to poorly designed bosses with immortal phases. 

To be honest the infested swarming around did absolutely nothing to me with my inaros (adaptation and negation swarm :)) other than get in the way when I was trying to shoot alad with my tigris prime lol.  Couple of swings with my melee killed the infested till the next batch and as I wasn't relying on abilities the parasite enemies didn't do anything either.

I also did it solo as well as I wanted to get the eximus kills for nightwave but I hardly saw any and this was supposed to be an eximus stronghold with level 80-100 enemies..think I gained 15 kills from it even though I wasn't rushing and killing everything...

He's tricky. I think I used Loki and Dread, and just tried to stay invisible all the time (lots and LOTS of energy pizzas thrown down), and hope to get a hit in during his 1-second vulnerability phase. But it's a capital-T tedious fight by your lonesome. 

He's...interesting, I'll give you that.

I happen to like how his fight is done but not when I'm farming him.  Went with a friend and found that Revenant can enthrall him for a few seconds, causing him to collar random Infested but still becoming vulnerable, and that made things pretty Hek'in fast.