The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Alerts

3 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It sucks but at least it doesn't forcing your daily cycle, sir.

Could you please explain the problem with having both Nightwave and Alerts? In my ideal system Nightwave, if anything, would have more credits, allowing those who don't have time to actually get some things, while having normal alerts means players with time don't have to sit for 4 days to get new things to do.

25 minutes ago, SpycrabSurprise said:

Could you please explain the problem with having both Nightwave and Alerts? In my ideal system Nightwave, if anything, would have more credits, allowing those who don't have time to actually get some things, while having normal alerts means players with time don't have to sit for 4 days to get new things to do. 

The very presence of Alert is a problem, actually. It suggests to forcing the player's life cycle in order to get the actual benefit.

The word 'players with time' is only futile. Even for them, they can only sit on the device for 1/3 of the whole day, means they are likely lose two chances per every three chances. Not to mention for the much many casual gamers. The very idea of alert is sucks.

2 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

The very presence of Alert is a problem, actually. It suggests to forcing the player's life cycle in order to get the actual benefit.

The word 'players with time' is only futile. Even for them, they can only sit on the device for 1/3 of the whole day, means they are likely lose two chances per every three chances. Not to mention for the much many casual gamers. The very idea of alert is sucks.

I understand where you're coming from, but with the presence of Nightwave the alerts would no longer be "required" to get stuff. They would be optional.

4 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

You're trying to argue with one thing alerts y not both alerts for money and exp and lazy thinking while nightwave with it's challenges and intertwine with alerts to get nightwave points when completing alerts that way everyone wins so stop being a stubborn idiot and help bring back alerts with nightwave 

Edited by (XB1)DeathBlade23456
Cuz

6 hours ago, (XB1)DeathBlade23456 said:

You're trying to argue with one thing alerts y not both alerts for money and exp and lazy thinking while nightwave with it's challenges and intertwine with alerts to get nightwave points when completing alerts that way everyone wins so stop being a stubborn idiot and help bring back alerts with nightwave 

...Pardon? I don't get what you want to say sir.

jfc, can we just have Alerts and Nightwave please?
I've seen the benefits alerts and nightwave gave us and compared them side by side, Nightwaves are much more prefered for those who already progressed through the starchart and has a general knowledge of the game. The alerts served as a thing players can do to help aid them during the star chart progress. it would be better to have both since one wouldnt fully cover the needs for both sides of the player base.

2 minutes ago, Gawizard said:

Id prefer alerts for my nitain since i know they occur once every 6 hours on the reset, its perfect for players who need just a bit of nitain if they run out of credits.

that brings up another point; with the Nightwave system alone, Nitain is a finite resource. Not only that, but you're losing out on cosmetics and, more importantly, potatoes if you buy it

3 hours ago, Gawizard said:

jfc, can we just have Alerts and Nightwave please?
I've seen the benefits alerts and nightwave gave us and compared them side by side, Nightwaves are much more prefered for those who already progressed through the starchart and has a general knowledge of the game. The alerts served as a thing players can do to help aid them during the star chart progress. it would be better to have both since one wouldnt fully cover the needs for both sides of the player base.

👍

On 2019-04-14 at 10:37 AM, SpycrabSurprise said:

That doesn't answer the question. Why can't they coexist?

Because the very idea of alert is bad, as I said above. I don't think that a content that requires the player to dedicate the life to the game in order to get the actual benefit seems good enough. It's presence is only viral to the game and community, so it must be removed for good. The only problem is, the existance of alert itself.

I don't want to advocate Nightwave's current situations, but at least it is far better than alert - I doubt that there would be an even worse idea than alert, though.

Edited by DroopingPuppy

20 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

Because the very idea of alert is bad, as I said above. I don't think that a content that requires the player to dedicate the life to the game in order to get the actual benefit seems good enough. It's presence is only viral to the game and community, so it must be removed for good. The only problem is, the existance of alert itself.

I don't want to advocate Nightwave's current situations, but at least it is far better than alert - I doubt that there would be an even worse idea than alert, though.

There was nothing wrong with alerts money xp fun everything warframe needs in one thing 

23 hours ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It's presence is only viral to the game and community, so it must be removed for good. The only problem is, the existance of alert itself.

Did an alert kill your dog or something? If both Nightwave and Alerts are active, Alerts will no longer be the only way to get stuff, thereby invalidating your point.

Hey DB! I'm on this form with you now. let me try to clear up the issue that these guys are having with understanding this form. Night-waves, the Warframe version of Borderlands 2 badass ranks! What did they trade out for this? random missions that give different rewards based on only the areas in the map you have on locked. With that restriction replaced with just doing some challenges for every day as the new player introduction, it's not great! Progress on the event nightwave being locked to said event nightwave and losing that progress once the event ends. good for the new players who can put the time in during the beginning. this would be great if the newbie, didn't have to make 10k every rank for the first few rewards being basically doggy doodoo! what about the vast majority of the gamers who play this game! the people that have real life to contend with. work, school, and family to be around. average gamers aren't just no lives that do nothing but eat chips and game like what Southpark depicts. formas and catalysts/reactors are the mid-game gear that most of the game holds out on you! Now that part is even worse when a reactor cost 70 wolf chips, the closest you are to any wolf chips is 4 ranks away, and the night wave resets in 2 days. At this time you know that as of tomorrow, you unlucky sap has work/ect. for the next 2-6 days and you are S.O.O.L.! now picture that you have this kind of life (do note that this is 80%+ of all the public in all Countries!) and you just log in to warframe with alerts still around and you just short of a resource to do your next thing. you play the game for a few minutes, maybe get a bite to eat and you come back finding that an alert with, Oxium, reactor/catalyst, nanopores, formas, heck even a piece of something like Vauban is now obtainable! not only that but this random mission that just pops up out of nowhere with what you want is a capture mission!

to me, that is what the alert does and did for me to get where I am now! now that this mechanic is out if I were to restart my game as a scrub (playing as if I was a scrub with infinite time on my hands like a little kid during summer.) i would be nowhere near the progress I have for the amount of stuff I have versus the time I played the game! the newbie approach may sound good the first 10-20 days of warframe, but from that point on when you have absolute garbage mods just trying to squeeze past each planet, us vets at our game have had a far easier time getting to where we are today! unless you have a friend right off the bat that's just gonna give you everything and play the game for you while you are on your phone or pc. but at that point, why are you even bothering with playing warframe! the only way that this is good for the tenno community is for the people that have sacrificed a good portion of who they are to play this game are actually getting a small gain from this. As for the other 95% of the warfame community, we're just getting the EA pay to win gambit!

I'm with you; I miss having the random node alerts because now that I'm end-game they were the only way I ever went back to some planets. I hadn't seen Zanuka spawn for about a year despite being marked, and then realised it was because I was hardly ever doing standard Corpus missions anymore (the only reason I was even getting Gurstag3 was leveling on Hydron). Alerts not only gave me a reason to go back to those places, but because they were featured, they also frequently filled a squad, which never happens trying to queue them directly as these days most become obsolete as soon as you unlock the star map.

But... I understand why they added the Nightwave. Camping alerts for specific rare rewards was not ideal and it unfairly punished people with time commitments that only had narrow windows available. You need Vauban chassis? Too bad, you're working then. Try again in a week... or a month.

So if the reason OP (and me) misses alerts is the gameplay, and the reason they were removed was the reward... what if alerts were back, but only rewarded credits/endo? Something like 5k/200. Any of the meaningful rewards, like auras and such, can stay in the NW system, but it's a way to find a squad and 'reconnect' with some of the nodes from memory, and those modest rewards still help new players, who don't have access to get those from farming sites yet.

Edited by Snackrat

5 hours ago, Snackrat said:

Something like 5k/200

...what? That's nothing. The only reason you would go to something like that is if you're just beginning, and even then you probably haven't gotten further than Mars.

5 hours ago, Snackrat said:

I'm end-game

areyousureaboutthat.johncena

20 minutes ago, SpycrabSurprise said:

...what? That's nothing. The only reason you would go to something like that is if you're just beginning, and even then you probably haven't gotten further than Mars.

areyousureaboutthat.johncena

Of course it's almost nothing to end-game. That's the point, you spectral sausage. You don't want meaningful rewards there, that's why they were removed. Sure I can get ~500-800 endo from a Vodyanoi endo farm (or just farm sculptures in Hive), and obv anybody with access to Index will farm high risk. But those alerts weren't for MR26 players, they were for newbies.

I suggest those rewards because that's actually about what alerts already rewarded before NW (yes you're right, absolutely terrible once you've got access to better, but that's DE's decision, not mine). They still helped low MR players without access to anything better, and most importantly, they still provide interesting mission variety by encouraging bored players to congregate on specific nodes and fill a squad. You actually don't want the payout to be too large because then you're back to why they were removed in the first place - FOMO.

Those alert rewards weren't for us, you desiccated coconut. They were for newer players, or for social players.

And since for some reason you want to get personal and patronise a complete stranger on the internet, if MR26, doing 20-round arbitration, hour-long kuva survival, tridolon speedruns, killing Jordas Golem in less than three seconds, or max standing with all factions/syndicates doesn't qualify as reaching 'end-game', I dunno what you think does.

Edited by Snackrat

6 minutes ago, Snackrat said:

Those alert rewards weren't for us, you desiccated coconut. They were for newer players, or for social players.

The alerts that you're talking about were already a thing. They got yote with the rest of the alerts. I still haven't seen a valid reason why not to Bring alerts back as they were, and leave Nightwave as it is (maybe add more cred drops).

Edited by SpycrabSurprise