Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Controller not working after last update

Easko

Since last update my controller wont work, but not just one controller, but all 6 of my controllers. 2 ps4 controllers, 2 hori smash controllers for switch, and 2 arcade sticks (qanba q1/ madkatz te2). In the menues, when i press a button, it goes to controller loadout but nothing works except LS and RS. LS will move the curser and RS will act as a scroll wheel, nothing else.

havent had this issue before and i havent changed any settings. I tested Enter the Gungeon (big update coming today) and some various other games with no issue.

For the ps4 controllers I use DS4Windows to be able to sync it via bluetooth and act like an xbox controller. I tried it with this program on and off as well. tried restarting computer, it is plugged in, etc

Yeah I've been trying to make it work for a while now and things seem messed up. I can't figure out what is going wrong. I use the steam controller and a lot of custom settings with the Steam Input configuration. Menu is pretty weird right now, before I couldn't get out of the "Launcher" configuration/action set. I had no problem yesterday after the patch but today something must have changed after.

It looks like the custom context buttons that DE made for Steam Input are not working. Replacing the different actions with a button from the keyboard or controller works, but stuff like [Next Menu] [Previous Menu] doesn't seem to work. Maybe switching between the action sets don't work as well, which is why I couldn't get out of Launcher set, and the poster above couldn't melee after using quick melee to get into the Melee Action Set.

Edited by Ploidz

8 hours ago, Obliviatorv2 said:

i've restarted everything on my side 10 times an it still doesn't work right for me, but only with O button, i can't melee right at all, i get one good swing then i have to pull out my gun to swing again

If you're using the steam controller program from steam big picture mode, you'll need to edit your melee controls to work with the new melee update. You'll have to set E into what use to be melee and avoid the triggers of your controller for melee, unless you plan to use your guns at that point.

As for my problems with the controller now, the most recent update for me at least, has broken half of my analog stick functionality with the steam controller program. I used to be able to rotate my warframe when customizing, and scrolling has broken for me, and the direction pad has also stop functioning all together. Its very troublesome to be forced to place my controller down to open my gear wheel with my keyboard and mouse to pull an item out I need in a clutch situation.

8 hours ago, Dovahrah said:

you'll need to edit your melee controls to work with the new melee update.

in all honesty i feel i REALLY shouldn't have to do that, DE should just get it working correctly if they could manage the exact same on Console 

I'm gonna copy paste this from another thread, into every thread about this issue to help those like me, who found the could no longer play the game, here is how you rebind melee channel:

I Actually figured it out. All you have to do is put Archwing Move Up, or Down, On the key binding you want Melee Channel to be located at, for me it was Right Bumper. Then you rebind Archwing Move Up, or Down, to where Melee channel is Currently bound, by default Right Stick Press. This will move Archwing Move Up, or Down, to Right Stick Press, or where ever Melee Channel is bound, and the game will automatically move Melee Channel to where Archwing Move Up, or Down, was initially bound too.