Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Conservation in the Plains is.....Okay

ripleysamus

I really don't like negative posts but I feel like I needed to mention this. I liked the conservation in Fortuna. In fact, I liked it enough to work towards the emblems. However, I tried the conservation in the Plains and I was...less impressed. I think that the conservation mini game worked better in Fortuna because it was a new activity and there was a lot more space to work with when creating a quiet environment to hunt. I say the second reason because the first time I tried it in the Plains, the trail started extremely close to the Grineer camp by the eastern beach. As a result, not only was I shot at but I was also bombarded by the distant missile launcher (side note: it would be nice if they were adjusted since they're really annoying to deal with in general). It was only by cloaking as Ivara I was able to continue the hunt. I kind of then tried to imagine what would have happened if I didn't have or particularly liked Ivara. I don't think it would have gone as well. I really hope that this post is phrased constructively and I can only hope people reply to this constructively as well.

Well i kinda like like conservation in the orb vallis, but i think what they did with plains of eidolon was neat, mostly because now i'm not forced to track animals, now i can just find them and tranq them, if anything i would like for the same kind of change to happen to the orb vallis, it would make it soooo much easier to get standing (and floofs), currently the only problem with this new system is the relatively low spawn rate of wild-life.

I didn't try tracking yet cause I just run around shooting animals at this point, but my problem with conservation is... the tranq rifle itself. It sends pings if an animal is somewhere in radius, which seems to be somewhere between my feet and infinity. Spent about 40 minutes (entirely on principle mind you) standing in place and searching for whatever it pinged at... to find a kuaka that took about 3x3 pixel area on my monitor being around god damned 400-500 meters from me behind 3 hills and a grineer camp. The only reason I found it was night happening and flashing becoming distinguishable from terrain texture. And I know that was this particular kuaka pinging cause I wasn't alone and sent another person to kill the thing, pings immediately stopped. Soooooooo I would agree the activity itself is fine, but can we reduce detection range a bit?

2 hours ago, Darth_Predator said:

I didn't try tracking yet cause I just run around shooting animals at this point, but my problem with conservation is... the tranq rifle itself. It sends pings if an animal is somewhere in radius, which seems to be somewhere between my feet and infinity. Spent about 40 minutes (entirely on principle mind you) standing in place and searching for whatever it pinged at... to find a kuaka that took about 3x3 pixel area on my monitor being around god damned 400-500 meters from me behind 3 hills and a grineer camp. The only reason I found it was night happening and flashing becoming distinguishable from terrain texture. And I know that was this particular kuaka pinging cause I wasn't alone and sent another person to kill the thing, pings immediately stopped. Soooooooo I would agree the activity itself is fine, but can we reduce detection range a bit?

Or at least give the animals more distinguishable colours than the terrain, like make them glow brighter through the scope or something.

Edited by nicolajtheking2

Tranq without tracking sounds alright, but the tracking itself is not so great. I cannot see the tracks in that terrain even during the day, nevermind at night, and the animals don't appear on the radar. Then there are all the enemies that harass you and kill the animals.