Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nekro : My Love And Hate

.solitus

Question

So I just got him. I love him, but also hate him at this moment. Idk why. I am just confused what to do with this shaman.

First of all, he's one of the most bad*** looking frame ever. Others are robotic and futuristic, but he is kinda shaman-ish with those spines. I really like the idea of necromancy too. However, he's also a quite weak frame from my theoritical analysis. My Nekro is potatoed but he's currently unranked.

1. He has lower-than average stats.

2. His abilities are...less offensive than other frames,but not as defensive as Rhino, Vauban, or even Volt's 3rd ability. In all his ability, enemies are not stucked in a phase (not like Vauban's bastile), and he isn't shielded much (not like the infamous Iron Skin and also Volt's shield). So it's not that defensive. While his 4th ability is similar to Nyx's 3rd ability, Nyx's Chaos makes all of the enemy confused, while Nekro only spawns 12 enemies to fight back. The real enemy is there,and they are not confused like Nyx's chaos. They are just overwhelmed by the ghosts, and their bullets still can hit Nekro. A good combo is Nekro's 2nd ability with 4th Ability, but that just costs so many energy.

Based on these, I like to request the ideas of my fellow Tenno to help me :

HOW Nekro should be used to maximize his potential? What abilities? What mods are great for him? Is Constitution + Continuity working well with him? Is his 3rd scavenging looting ability really useful?

Edited by XTenno

6 answers to this question

Streamline and Carrier makes it so I never run out of energy. Then I use a redirect and vigor (would replace with flow if i had it :/) mods. The continuity and constitution to keep my ghosts up longer. I use desecrate when I'm low on health and energy. All in all the shadows are great for rooms full of enemies. Since they spawn in a fairly small group and attack whoever's closest they are pretty effective at taking down enemies. Also on defense they are ridiculous Id say you could argue they are better than snow globe since enemies attack them and they attack back. Especially on high level defense since then they do the same ridiculous damage enemies do and are surprisingly durable. They also somehow manage to instantly know where any enemy is as soon a it spawns so they can usually attack enemies before the enemies can attack them.

Terrify is also helpful to keep enemies off you while you cast shadows, and soul punch is handy for when you have tons of enemies but have already used terrify and shadows.

Edited by immolator1001

Currently he is just weak, with worse than average skills, I hope DE will patch him soon, he needs more offensive or defensive viability. It is sad that his only reason of existence is "desecrate" at the moment, so he pretty much has no use in a match where offensive or defensive frames are needed.

I've had a great time playing as Nekros the last few days. I wouldn't mind a few tweaks here and there, but overall he is just a new play style. Perhaps one you are not used to playing. Try tweaking your build around a bit and see if that helps. He was never meant to be a defensive frame so comparing him to Rhino isn't getting you anywhere.

You're complaining about his energy usage. Ever try equipping a high level power max along with energy efficiency? You shouldn't need to use his 2nd or 4th ability unless you are completely overwhelmed. 

Thank you. I have a maxed Streamline and Flow so I think I can make him great.One thing that is ridiculous is that he needs to be revived. Can't he just ressurect himself :D ??

In all seriousness, I thank you for the feedback.

Edited by XTenno

Thank you. I have a maxed Streamline and Flow so I think I can make him great.One thing that is ridiculous is that he needs to be revived. Can't he just ressurect himself :D ??

In all seriousness, I thank you for the feedback.

Easy. Get the Quick Thinking + Rage combo. Rage converts 40% of HP damage into energy, while Quick Thinking activates when a Warframe's HP hits 0, draining all usable energy and converting 240% of that value into HP.