Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How the Wolf work

MollAgdeduba

So... we are more or less at the end of the Wolf nightwawe, so after a lot of week playing the game, i could give my feedback about the wolf, and, it's a totally negative feedback.

1) Let's talk about how Wolf work for player:

You play random mission, and if you are lucky you can encounter him. This is similar to every other assassin boss, but with a difference: Wolf is supposed to disappear forever after this nightwave, with his special drop of weapon and cosmetic. So, if you don't have the wolf sledge, say bye bye!

2) Now talk about spawn rate:

Since the first day nightwave were introduced i've played more or less 4 hours a day and at least half of the time i was in mission where the wolf could spawn. You can say i'm unlucky, but i've see him less than 10 times. Considering his spawn rate was supposed to be increased during the event, i see no difference of the first week with the last week of event.

3) If you want to know more, we can talk about the drop:

Yes, (he drop a special weapon?) and farm for all 4 parts is impossible. But don't worry, you can buy them from the market and with more or less 400 plat you can buy all the part. But the real thing i don't understand is: why insert in the drop table a 2% exclusive cosmetic item and give us just a week for find that? 2% means you have to kill 50 wolf, and with his actual spawn rate, we don't need a week, we need a years or more of continue play 5 minute mission

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ----

So here my conclusion:

I really hope next nightwave has different mechanic, cause wolf spawn and related drop is the worst idea DE has ever made. I can't understand why they have make some disgusting mechanics, but i really hope the next one will be different.

And now that i told my opinion and nobody cares about it, i can go back to play boring and useless 5 minute mission (like i'm doing every day from a lot of week ago), praising to drop something before the time finish and all go lost forever...

vor 21 Stunden schrieb MollAgdeduba:

Considering his spawn rate was supposed to be increased during the event, i see no difference of the first week with the last week of event.

I cannot spot a difference either. @[DE]Rebecca as community manager might perhaps be able to check if that spawn behaviour is truly as intended? I really would love to get my hands on Wolf Sledge too and I have spent alot of time in grinding for the wolf but i had not luck so far.

We're almost a the end of the event and just like OP I play daily about 2-4 hours. I've been wasting my time trying to farm the wolf every day. I skip daily chores sometimes or other things I like/need just to get a chance to see it spawn. I don't have 10 hours a day to try and farm it. So far I've seen the bloody bullet sponge spawn 3 times, it dropped 1 weapon piece and 2 utterly useless mods. No one is that unlucky the spawn system is not working. 99.9% of the players are hostile with a syndicate and I'd wager most folk are marked by an assasin so wolf gets overwritten by them all the time.

At least the geniouses(!) who keep saying "wow chill, it'll spawn more later during the event" don't spawn as much as they used to.

Edited by Guest

Even when he spawns though, some missions you're not given the opportunity to finish the fight.

When he showed up for me, I was down to my last 2 waves in a solo invasion defence (5 waves total - level 35).  

Managed to get him down to 50% health whilst also defending the target so I wouldn’t fail the mission. However when those 2 waves finished, the mission completed and the Wolf fight was only half done.

Considering the low spawn rate (at this point in time), it's unfair to have him show up in time/wave limited missions and then not be given the opportunity to finish him off after the objective has been completed.

Edited by Tarrenfall