Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Thumpers or Bounties?

RadianDRZ

Since the Thumpers have been out on the Plains Of Eidolon, people have been starting high level bounties to get there.

So, here we are doing the tougher bounties, while someone is soloing a thumper and leeching all the standing that others are working towards.

I asked why they didn't just go in for thumpers by just walking into POE.  They said "To get higher level thumpers you idiot."  So I said, "Sorry guys, I'm leaving".  And he replied "Bye *@##$."

So just a suggestion; perhaps Konzu could have an option to click on Thumpers, just like Eidolon.

Thanks

3 minutes ago, RadianDRZ said:

I asked why they didn't just go in for thumpers by just walking into POE.

The real question is "why are they doing it on public". Besides, if they solo a Thumper you can still get the rewards too. You would be leeching off their Thumper(s).

I see little point in adding a 'just Thumper' mission, because they spawn randomly. Unlike EIdolons which have fixed spawns. 

• If someone runs off to kill a Thumper then comes and helps with the bounty why does it matter? I see no problems with that at all. [My perspective is from someone that can solo the T5 bounty, so people leeching makes no difference to me]

During one of the T5 incidents, I was down to my last life (it might have been too soft a frame at the time).   I had no choice but to run to extraction.  Sometimes, some of us need some help.   That's why I'm suggesting a separation between thumpers and bounties.

Also, I don't believe we get the thumper drops unless we abandon our mission to run across the map to pick up the drops.

I'm not speaking just for you or me, but overall.

11 minutes ago, RadianDRZ said:

Sometimes, some of us need some help

That's why I clarified my position. I can solo it without many issues, but I understand not everyone can.

11 minutes ago, RadianDRZ said:

Also, I don't believe we get the thumper drops unless we abandon our mission to run across the map to pick up the drops.

That is correct. But they would hang around long enough for you to collect them. 

• The problem is that Thumpers are more rewarding than the Bounties. I have no use for Bounty rewards, but I do for Thumper drops.

I was quite happy to farm Thumpers outside of a bounty. That worked reasonably well and I got all the drops quickly. This seems like a more sensible method than running high level bounties. I got the weapon after four Thumpers.

• DE cannot separate Thumpers from Bounties. I would like to be able to find them while running bounties. If they get removed then what's the point? 
  • What DE could do is change the spawns/drops. People want to get the Korrudo, but it has a higher drop chance from the 'hardest' Thumper, forcing people to run higher tier bounties for an effective farm. If DE changed this there would be less issues.

1 hour ago, RadianDRZ said:

Thank you for great input.

We disagree. No point in arguing back and forth.

Is there a place where suggestions can directly be made to DE?

Yeah, Reddit

they seem to listen to people there more than their own forums

I guess cause its 3rd party and the staff gets tired of 'work' so they chill out there instead.

also, Thumpers sound game-breaking

if they're more rewarding than doing actual bounties.

and is there any reason to pick up a Fishing Rod or Mining Cutter anymore if the same stuff drops faster from Thumpers?

23 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

also, Thumpers sound game-breaking

if they're more rewarding than doing actual bounties.

Well, it depends what you need. For me, bounties have never been rewarding, because I have never really needed the drops.

• Thumpers are automatically more rewarding as I have a use for some of their drops. You may find the complete opposite.

Fishing/mining is still useful. If you want to say, donate ore/gems/fish for standing. Thumpers only drop parts, so you need to acquire whatever it is you want to donate by fishing/mining. 

• I imagine it might be quicker to find a specific thing by fishing/mining than Thumpers.