Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Warframe Concept / Idea

Nivaeli

So a lot of people may bash me for this, but I still feel like it'd be a really cool warframe if implemented. A "mermaid" or "siren" themed warframe! 😄

Name: Sirena

Passive: Queen of the Sea - When submerged in water, change form into that of a mermaid and gain an ability strength bonus.

1st Ability: Downpour - A large thundercloud appears over the player and begins to rain, creating a small lake/pond for the player, slowly drowning any enemies that come too close.

2nd Ability: Hot Spring - A hot spring appears around the player, giving increased health regeneration.

3rd Ability: Pod of Ruin - Two duplicates appear either side of the player, giving a buff to Siren's Song for a duration of time.

4th Ability: Sirens Melody - The player summons a rock to sit on, in the center of a large lake, and begins to sing. Enemies within range of this song will become entranced and seek out the source, thus walking into the lake and slowly drowning. (If used with Pod of Ruin, the ability strength and range will be buffed)

------------

I most had this warframe in mind as a CC frame, being sort of a combination of Octavia and Hydroid. Perhaps even having some kind of new version of Octavia's Mandachord, but for singing differing songs (perhaps not with vocals, but with very light and melodic tunes, like what you would imagine a siren to sound like). Please refrain from comments bashing on this saying its just a female hydroid, though constructive criticism is welcome.

• Like 1

Interesting concept. 

But how do you feel about:

Mermaids of old were beautiful, and alluring, but deadly man eating monsters once trapped in their clutches!

mermaidfolklore.png

Mermaid form of course has custom animations for bullet jump, sprint and crouching(submerging below the ground level) and being a viable stealth mechanic for submerged takedowns, coming up out of the water for a stylish finisher, but still visible from the front..

I love the idea with the duplicates, maybe make them a ranged cast? Set them like a trap by casting them in an area near where you spawned a pond and singing to lure and drown enemies. Taking focus off your location and drawing agro.

During her 4th while perched on the rock and draining energy, use energy to cast songs.

Cast 1st to make a Lure Song, pulling focus to the lake, if duplicates are still active their timer is reset.

Cast 2nd to play a Song of Waves that crash and pull enemies from the edge towards her rock perch, the closer they are the more damage they take per second(for heavy units).

Cast 3rd to play a vicious song and devour health from enemies trapped in the lake with whirlpools that last X seconds before fading. 

Recast the 4 to dismount the rock, allows access to other abilities and mermaid form. Stealth takedowns that result in kills while submerged in the lake create damaging whirlpools that lack health steal, but spawn energy orbs from living enemies trapped in them after a few seconds. 

I play fairly aggressively.. so this is where my mind went with it.

I'd definitely say either singing or a small harp-like instrument would be most suited! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I would personality ad ranged option to 1st abbility. If you tap 1 then you create rain cloud over the areah where you cast it, btu if you hold it then cloud appears above you (I assume this is also when passive comes to play). Now reason for this is because I would change passive to abbility where you basicly just teleport from one pond to the another.

If you make duplicates wournable to damage and a ranged abbility. When duplicates get destroyed they would explode into a water ponds which can work with 1st and passive abbility

You should also add stats (HP, shields, energy etc.)

Besides that I realy like the idea of mermaid themed warframe even tho movement would be bit dificult to make since she has a tail

• Like 1

wait wait, wouldn't this be just banshee's stuff I mean no offense to kill such idea, we have octiva doing the song pattern, banshee sound wave.  Pretty much the thing you referring to is pretty much same stories of banshee or either like octiva who do musics.

On 2019-04-20 at 3:29 AM, Dracovision said:

So a lot of people may bash me for this, but I still feel like it'd be a really cool warframe if implemented. A "mermaid" or "siren" themed warframe! 😄

Name: Sirena

Passive: Queen of the Sea - When submerged in water, change form into that of a mermaid and gain an ability strength bonus.

1st Ability: Downpour - A large thundercloud appears over the player and begins to rain, creating a small lake/pond for the player, slowly drowning any enemies that come too close.

2nd Ability: Hot Spring - A hot spring appears around the player, giving increased health regeneration.

3rd Ability: Pod of Ruin - Two duplicates appear either side of the player, giving a buff to Siren's Song for a duration of time.

4th Ability: Sirens Melody - The player summons a rock to sit on, in the center of a large lake, and begins to sing. Enemies within range of this song will become entranced and seek out the source, thus walking into the lake and slowly drowning. (If used with Pod of Ruin, the ability strength and range will be buffed)

------------

I most had this warframe in mind as a CC frame, being sort of a combination of Octavia and Hydroid. Perhaps even having some kind of new version of Octavia's Mandachord, but for singing differing songs (perhaps not with vocals, but with very light and melodic tunes, like what you would imagine a siren to sound like). Please refrain from comments bashing on this saying its just a female hydroid, though constructive criticism is welcome.

no offence buddy its an amazing idea but i think someone else had something similar i could be wrong tho