Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe Missions: Last One To Extraction Is A Rotten Ninja

mrmexas

Question

I've been playing Warframe for some time, and I enjoy it a lot.

However, I have one general peeve.

Most squad-mates I cooperate with have the idea that getting to extraction (EP) first is the ultimate win, prize, honor, etc.

This sometimes goes as far as going ahead of the other three comrades, wiping out everything in your path, and sitting at the point.

"It's an extermination mission, so that's what I'll do." While squad-mates still get affinity, they do not get to be ninjas beyond the acrobatics and great exercise.

This then comes to the countdown timer. When a comrade arrives at EP, the 'stragglers' have one minute to get there themselves. If they do not, they lose the credit bonus. Thanks to recent updates, the countdown timer for when the squad arrives at EP only begins when at least 2 Warframes are at the point, which alleviates the problem somewhat.

This is especially a problem when going on Alert missions. All Alert missions give a hefty credit bonus in comparison to star map missions, and if a couple Warframe stayed behind to gather their materials, take out some persistent Grineer, or take in the scenery, they will lose their chance at a nice credit boost.

I believe bringing up the 3:1 at extraction point, since it's significance has grown once the 2 Warframe limit for the timer came about.

This is less of an issue, since at this point majority vote goes for extraction, and it is most likely that the one straggling player is or once AFK, thinking they're alone, or is new to the game and needs to learn about mission mechanics.

What do you think? Is this even a problem? Who is on the wrong? I would like to know Tenno opinion.

Edited by mrmexas

9 answers to this question

10k Credits are nothing. The real issue is losing the opportunity to explore the map and open all the lockers and containers while getting tons of EXP killing the enemies on the way because that dude wanted to rush. Don't force either playstyle on anyone..

I recently reset my account because of silly platinum purchases, and in doing so had to restart my mod and weapon collection. Even before I reset, credits were a valuable commodity to me. 10,000 credits or more from a mission is a very nice prize and well worth the time put into the mission. Unless all my effort, either helping taking down an assassination target or providing Warframe support, is almost worthless.

Mods and materials are nothing if you can't afford fusion or a new weapon blueprint,

and squadmates who 'rush' seemingly don't consider your presence to be worthwhile. So why stay behind? Why not get Volt and be the guy who rushes yourself?

Sometimes I've just found players idling around, doing absolutely nothing. Thats the point when I race to the extraction
The other one is when I do alerts with special rewards. I do the objective and get to the finish. If I want to grind for materials, then I do it in my own peace, at some other mission that allows it :>

Sometimes I've just found players idling around, doing absolutely nothing.

I understand that problem, I've seen it around quite a bit, even done it myself. Life, it happens.

At that point, it is understandable, and I wholeheartedly support starting the timer and getting out of there.

The other one is when I do alerts with special rewards. I do the objective and get to the finish. If I want to grind for materials, then I do it in my own peace, at some other mission that allows it :>

Alert missions are still missions. The only difference is a special title, a time limit, extra credits, and sometimes a special item. If anything Alerts should be handled with even more care. That is my opinion.

You are right, though. Alerts are not something you can grind, but when somebody rushes to the finish as if it is a race (sometimes literally) it takes away from the mission and makes staying behind to support other players little reward, if any. Being nice is a reward, but in Warframe people are rarely thankful, and in the end they even rush ahead of you after staying behind, making you the straggler. It's a bummer this happens.

I agree with Mexas completely. You say to grind for mats in another mission. For starters there is a chance you could get more valuable and larger amounts in a alert. Also, even though someone can't grind a alert, that is exactly why you should take time. You can't do it over and over, so take your time to find everything important on that mission.

I agree with Mexas completely. You say to grind for mats in another mission. For starters there is a chance you could get more valuable and larger amounts in a alert. Also, even though someone can't grind a alert, that is exactly why you should take time. You can't do it over and over, so take your time to find everything important on that mission.

There is a chance, but I usually do the alert to get that hard to find blueprint, then spend my time trying to build it.

Alert are not special in any other way than just having an big price at the end. People know this, so they rush. But when it comes to resources, they usually go to the regular missions and spend their time farming there, taking their time. 

Alerts just have that one prize which you want. Other materials require grinding, so I do it on missions where I know I can spend time on.

Thing is with alerts, this is why we need a LFG function you can better find people who are going to run the mission in the same way you are.

MANY MANY people have one of the several alert pop-ups and if the prize is right, stop whatever other game or RL thing they are doing pop on WF rush the alert as fast as possible and then log off again after acquiring the prize. 

I've done both.  I've cleared the entire map of all possible stashes and lockers and killed every enemy I saw, and i've done things like a capture in just a few minutes then logged out.  Yes the potential is there for a good amount of fine loot in an alert but very often the only thing worth anything to a lot of people running them is the end result.