Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can't include Shtung (Zaw grip) in a Zaw's name

Cyaminthe

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

agree, the wordfilter DE uses is as crаppy as the day warframe came live - but was 'shtung' even means? i can't find anything for it's definition except for DE's use in the zaws... makes me wonder if they put every new word they invent into their filterlist, being afraid of getting sued for 'profanity' by some wiseаѕѕ otherwise ^^)

21 hours ago, fr4gb4ll said:

agree, the wordfilter DE uses is as crаppy as the day warframe came live - but was 'shtung' even means? i can't find anything for it's definition except for DE's use in the zaws... makes me wonder if they put every new word they invent into their filterlist, being afraid of getting sued for 'profanity' by some wiseаѕѕ otherwise ^^)

The shortest substring that gets filtered is "sht". My best guess is that the filter assumes it to be a slightly mistyped synonym for excrement, forgetting to check the context (as was the case for words like "assassin" or the aforementioned "Balla").

19 hours ago, NoSpax said:

I think that is a reserved name. 

Just get creative.

No, thank you very much. I'd rather name my weapons descriptively than go for "xd xd epic meme 9000" and leave my teammates in the dark about what the heck I have equipped.

18 minutes ago, ToaMimrik said:

The shortest substring that gets filtered is "sht". My best guess is that the filter assumes it to be a slightly mistyped synonym for excrement, forgetting to check the context (as was the case for words like "assassin" or the aforementioned "Balla").

yes, that's very likely DE fearing the totally normal word "ѕhit"... and as for the "bаll" part in balla, just look at my name and what their stupid wordfilter made me do with it <sigh>.

the "аѕѕ" part(s) of assassin is also laughable as hell to be profane in a game about space ninjas... not to mention all the other words that contain "аѕѕ" and nothing to do with peoples behinds.

usually i would throw in a joke about french speaking people don't liking the english language, but i stand reprimand that DE is in the ontario province, not quebec (though london is not very far away form the border...) - so, instead i'll just blame the victorian heritage for their prudish acceptance of so many words ^^)

PS: for the log, this was a joke™ - so don't sue me ^^)

15 minutes ago, fr4gb4ll said:

the "аѕѕ" part(s) of assassin is also laughable as hell to be profane in a game about space ninjas... not to mention all the other words that contain "аѕѕ" and nothing to do with peoples behinds.

It's even funnier when you consider the Mesa Prime reveal stream and similar instances.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...