Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on arbitration changes

LarryOtter

So I personally like the changes coming to arbitration (Insta kills are always bad) but I think it will still be a lackluster mode because

1. the Mission-types aren’t balanced and most of them take too long (survival for example) right now Excavation feels the best because it doesn’t take to long to get rewards. (Also can we have normal defense Without the npc Running around like a Crazy Person...)     

2. rewards are alright especially with the arch-gun rivens (the definition of ok) can we maybe get more new mods or sentinel weapon rivens ?

what do you think about the changes and do you agree with me ?

Edited by LarryOtter

I think still think they're way off on Arbitrations.

First, " Adding real consequences to death was somewhat of a new sensation in Warframe " Made me laugh cuz I remember having limited lives per frames which was a far more of a consequence IMO than what they're proposing. Not a good system but still very punishing.

Second, the whole thing still favors Tank + DPS because we can still use Specters which gives plenty of eHP with a simple one player solution method to die of old age before things get rough since the enemies scale linear instead of exponential.

My solution was to remove player's ability to revive each other outside Vazarin 4 revives but each player has their own set lives. This doesn't exactly work in the current system. It was based on a full rework concept I did but there's otherwise no other limitations globally. It's all based on game mechanics. No Cheating.

Spoiler

TLTR I use multi objective bounty-like systems within an endless mission type, bosses that counter / punish different tactics, add new enemy AI and increase scaling speed. It's all based on player's interest. They can make it hard or easy as they want with more rewards. The hardest requiring team play or deaths.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

I use multi objective bounty-like systems within an endless mission type, bosses that counter / punish different tactics, add new enemy AI and increase scaling speed. It's all based on player's interest. They can make it hard or easy as they want with more rewards. The hardest requiring team play or deaths.

This sounds more like a new mode than an arbitration rework...

still pretty cool idea maybe you get one key bp per week so it’s not something you can do endlessly (this would also give reasons to stay as long as possible (like the old relic system)). And it would not break the reward economy.

i also like that it introduces cool new characters (hunters) maybe we could also use a few old characters (stalker gang,the wolf after the Nightwave is over (would be a way to get the rewards), zanuka or the grustag three) of course diffrent versions with new mechanics.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb Xzorn:

My solution was to remove player's ability to revive each other outside Vazarin 4 revives but each player has their own set lives.

I like the coop Aspekt of the system that comes with the changes where you have to work together to revive a teammate but in public no one will probably help you if they get less survivability...

Vazerin getting a buff would be great though.

Edited by LarryOtter

4 hours ago, LarryOtter said:

I like the coop Aspekt of the system that comes with the changes where you have to work together to revive a teammate but in public no one will probably help you if they get less survivability...

Vazerin getting a buff would be great though.

It's kinda open ended. Could be it's own mission or a rework of Arbitrations / Endless missions.

Their current system still heavily favors big number eHP frames which I really dislike and the revive mechanic looks more like their putting chores on other players because another made a mistake where as my approach is more like help each other or everyone is going to die. Doesn't matter what you play.

It also helps promote team diversity instead of the horrible Tank + DPS meta we have going on now. If you were playing that type of frame you'd be real happy Volt or similar is on your team to barrier against the Hunter that does True Damage. It's a bit of a read though. Glad you liked it. I hope they do more with Arbitrations.

• Like 1

If DE wanted to give us an "ENDGAME" mode where we can push our skills and have fun while doing it, they would give us something else not the previous or the current arbritation mode. DE is more than capable of delivering an "ENDGAME" mode, they have proven time and again they are competent in giving us magnificent content but when it comes to the "ENDGAME" issue i feel DE pulls punches, closes eyes and blocks ears. Arbritation needs to be reinvented if my opinion carries any weight this is how the Arbritation game mode can be better.

Freedom of choice and diversity: Please take away the hourly mission rotations and give us the opportunity to choose the different games modes within the game itself. e.g if people only want to play and endgame survival let it be option available to players, if players want to switch and play excavation let it be an option available same with defense and interception.The reason I stress the freedom of choices when it comes the endless missions is that each endless mission has the potential to focus on a DIFFERENT REWARD TYPE(will go in more detail later). 

Rewards and Rotations: Okay one of the main problems we face with Abritation is the 10min reward rotation. In most cases players lose interest after 10min of arbritation  it feels unrewarding and inconsistent compared to the normal survival 5min. In my 1st paragraph I stated the importance of freedom of choice and diversity in the arbriation game mode going further to say it can give us different reward types for different game modes, this is where i explain with examples how this can work and make arbritation more enjoyable and rewarding. First and foremost please bring back the 5min reward rotation to keep players interested and motivated if(only if) that is not an option it is still possible keep players interested buy making FIXED(not endless) game modes with big rewards at the end of the mission. Example 1: Players only get rewarded by receiving a Legendary Core etc. if mission objective required them to survive for 1hr20 min, in this case there are no reward rotations, the mission will continue and increase with intensity. As for the rewards themselves here are examples of different reward types in different missions Example 2: an endless endgame survival game mode can focus on giving players Endo as the focus reward this can expand not to just Endo and Sculptures but also Ayatan Stars as a reward. Example 3: Endless defense missions can focus on Forma as a reward type heck maybe Omega and Umbral forma can be thrown in. The rewards can be paired together in different missions. Example 4:  Forma and Ayatan Sculptures for Excavation and Defense and Endo and Kuva for Survival and Interception. 

You only live once but the afterlife is rough: One good thing that came with the Arbritation game mode is the one life death penalty, not only did it challenge players but it also pushed players to be strategic and creative with their game decisions. This update where players can revive fellow teammates is simply a no, it takes away the exciting innovative gameplay and adds mundane routine strategies to certain play styles. If really a revive system is needed(only if needed) it should be a whipping not a slap on the wrist at the expense of another tenno's wrist. Example 1: If the game mode is defense, players who die while in mission not only get have to wait until next wave to revive but get 10% less of rewards, reduced health,shields and damage permanently for the duration of the mission. This is the scenario: 15 Waves completed, going for Wave 20, died in Wave 18, I want to revive for  Wave 21-25, wait until team gets to Wave 20, revived in Wave 21, i don't receive Wave 20 rewards(obviously) + (-10%) reward de-buff at Wave25 and beyond.(NB the more you die the more de-buff you sustain) This is where tokens or chips can be applied, if players want to secure a revive they can collect tokens from enemies and use it to revive if they if they die without collecting the chips they cant revive and they die for good.

Bigger, Stronger, Faster and BEST OF ALL NO  DRONES:   What i personally hated about abriatation was the drones, it killed my momentum and my interest in the arbretation game mode. Making the enemies immune to the damage was really a game breaker for me, it was because of this i stopped playing arbritation. So i propose that we do away with the drones and replace them with buffed eximus enemies (not sure if that's how its spelled). Example 1: Let's say we are up against Grineer for every eximus Nox in the area, the Grineer receive added bonus damage and armor go big in size not only that enemies are more aggressive making the mobs a harder to kill, kill the "Field Commander" reduce the buff. This can apply for all the enemy factions, it will keep the game mode challenging while keeping the flow of play.

Surprise Boss fights: Yes this one might be strange but hear me out when Nightwave came out and i was attacked by Wolf in my survival mission it brought a new dynamic to my game play what made it even more amazing it was totally unexpected. Boss fights between Waves and time frames will add a challenging and exciting atmosphere to the reinvention of arbritation. Example 1: Lets say we are up against Corpus and we are surprised by Alad V as a Boss Fight in a survival mission while trying to maintain your lifesupport players must defeat the heavily buffed Alad V that is accompained by a truck load of enemies. Players must 1st take out his utility and support infantry otherwise players will not be able to damage Alad V.(this is the only time i will except immune drones only in boss fights)

Please Fellow Tenno lets have our voices heard, if we let this issue go unresolved we will get more issues like this in the future

Share this with other Tenno and lets have a proper ENDGAME MODE

Thank you for your contribution

Blackwatch