Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hyekka Master - can we talk about its damage?

Prexades

I don't mind challenging foes but in case of the Hyekka Master, the crazy cat Grineer with a flame thrower, it is of the wrong kind. The flame thrower does really high amounts of damage even on lower levels and instant-kills most frames at higher levels. The flames only need to lick most WF or pets to instantly down them. By comparison the Heavy Gunners and even bombards are less threatening.  So yes, I am in favor of a hard nerf of her damage, as it really stands out.

Simulacrum test: spawned a Hyekka Master at level 50 against a moderately tanky Saryn. Initial fire explosion attack took shields and 50% of health. At level 70 the fire explosion is instant death

Against an Inaros with full Scarab Swarm armor the situation is different but even then the fire blasts do significant amounts of damage and I don't think that damage levels should be balanced around Inaros levels of tankyness.

Edited by Prexades

Her Flamethrower has a very short range.

be aware of your surroundings and kill her before she get's close enough.

If you is in range to attack you, you messed up the fight.

Hyekkas are some of the very few enemies which requires waking the palyers brain from energy-saving-mode.

Nerfing her whould hugly impact the game for he worse.

• Like 1

On ‎2019‎-‎04‎-‎23 at 8:10 AM, Walkampf said:

Her Flamethrower has a very short range.

be aware of your surroundings and kill her before she get's close enough.

If you is in range to attack you, you messed up the fight.

Hyekkas are some of the very few enemies which requires waking the palyers brain from energy-saving-mode.

Nerfing her whould hugly impact the game for he worse.

Flamethrower, I agree with for the most part, at least in regards of 'its not exceptionally broken in comparison to general damage scaling concerns.'

Her firebomb with much more range both in terms of reach and area of effect, alongside lingering damage, though, I'm much less willing to forgive. Mostly because it's almost completely untelegraphed except by a tiny line and object, and an animation almost identical to her summoning animation that looks nothing like a throw. She puts her arm up for each one. The actual animation might be different, but the silhouette - the part of the pose that you register first and is thus most important for twitch reaction - is very similar.

In general though, I'm not fond of the Game's enemy scaling, including damage scaling. Anything that's not directly immortal becomes tissue paper before too long. Instakills without telegraphing are pretty much never fun unless you've very carefully crafted the whole game around it (like Katana Zero). And Warframe, well, hasn't been.

I think she is pretty fine now. It used to be much deadly on release. Hyekkas just instakill you and firebomb from Hyekka Master just remove you from the tileset at once. Now Hyekkas is pretty much avoidable by staying higher or just jumping around, same for their Master. One thing that bothers me about Masters is their unnecessary high armor.

Edited by CorpusCrewman