The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

When player joins, game loads too slow on SSD, freezes game for over 10 seconds and migrating host

sam686

This video shows the game freezing for too long, long enough of a freeze to cause "Migrating host". Happened twice, both times are shown in video.

It will really help to multi-thread loading of lots of data. I am guessing is, whatever was done to put thousands of files into a few ".cache" files might be slowing things down too much.

Ryzen 5 2400g 16 GB RAM, Samsung Evo 970 500GB NVMe SSD

When looked at performance tab, no GPU usage, minimal (1%) of storage usage, and CPU usage goes down (40% CPU while not frozen, drops to about 12% CPU when frozen)

Looked at EE.log file, here is what happens when a player joins and I am a client (not host).

14945.922 Sys [Info]: Local player [...] sending request for [...] loadout
14947.688 Sys [Info]: Spot-loading [something]
14947.690 Sys [Info]: Spot-loading [something]
14947.709 Sys [Info]: Spot-loading [something]
... Repeats "Spot-loading", there are 803 total number of Spot-loading between 14945.922 and 14958.476 (12.554 seconds). The game is FROZEN for about 11 seconds. (0:42 in video)
14958.401 Sys [Info]: Spot-loading [something]
14958.406 Sys [Info]: LotusHumanPlayer::SendLoadOut: [...] loadout received
14958.476 Snd [Error]: Buffer underrun streaming [something...] (this line repeats 5 times)
14965.864 Net [Error]: NetDriver::Update connection timeout detected! Destroying connection to [...]:4950 due to timeout of 7.5003.
... perhaps it would have not error out if the game did not load TOO SLOW.

1 hour ago, sam686 said:

perhaps it would have not error out if the game did not load TOO SLOW.

How fast is your internet? Sometimes people need to consider that their stuff is the problem first before blaming DE.

Myself, and everyone I know that plays this game does not have issues here. We all have fast internet (50 MB/s+). People with slow internet freeze and host migrate.