Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Casual Vs Vet Difficulty in Endgame Missions

zoobmer

In any MMO, certain content is designed to exclusively be played in endgame. In any MMO containing raids, these raids are end game content for "achievers" as they are called in "Bartle's Taxonomy." Good MMO design gives this content multiple difficulties, even if other content only has one, in order to allow lower level and higher level achievers to both enjoy the content. For Warframe, I will assume arbitrations, eidolon hunts, orbmother hunts, and sorties fulfill this role, and we need casual and vet versions of these particular activities.

for sorties:

• the current sorties can be considered the casual setting
  • add a medium setting where enemy levels are 50% higher
    • grants two sortie rewards
  • add a vet setting where enemy levels are double the current sorties
    • rolls four rewards and allows players to select two

for arbitrations

• current abitrations can be considered medium difficulty
  • add a casual difficulty
    • gives rewards at regular endless intervals instead instead of double length intervals
    • allows revives
      • self revives are reduced to zero, and players must revive through other means
    • failing or dying automatically extracts players, as an added safety net
    • getting regular endo as a reward is far more likely
      • all other rewards only have one fourth the drop rate of current arbitrations
  • add vet difficulty
    • enemies are higher level
    • regular endo is guaranteed to drop at every reward
    • other rewards have a chance to drop in addition to endo, as opposed to dropping instead of endo
      • there is still a chance that endo and vitus essence will be the only rewards
      • all rewards have a higher drop chance
      • in rotation c, these rewards are guaranteed

for eidolon and orbmother fights

• current difficulty can be considered medium difficulty
    • add a casual difficulty
      • eidolons have a 50% chance of not dropping an arcane
      • orbmothers only give 100k credits
      • all means of gaining standing through such encounters are reduced by 50%
    • add a vet difficulty
      • eidolons drop two arcanes instead of one
      • orbmothers grant 500k credits
      • all means of gaining standing through these encounters are doubled
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, DarkRuler2500 said:

There are some nice ideas to this thread but i doubt DE is ever going to fine-tune these matters. From the views of developers the end result might hardly justify the effort put into it.

I was partway through typing the post when I remembered DE actually mentioned difficulty settings in a devstream.

While I agree on the added difficulty tier I disagree with the extra rewards part.

- Will only make more people want to leech off the higher difficulty runs and get carried since the community is gung-ho in saying MR means nothing and the unclear yardstick of what makes a veteran means it'd be hard to gate the content from players that are only going to leech. 

-Gulf that it can potentially create between geared and non geared players could make people feel its a burden to catchup with other players (Hypothetical but its in other MMOS where the higher contents are impossible to be cleared with entry level gears and without hundreds of hours of farming). Weak argument but its a concern I have and its on of those things that I like about the game. You don't need to play daily or spend a lot of money to play every content in the game efficiently.  

• Like 1

Orbs and Eidolons are quite easy actually, hence the excess amount of MR2 Excalibros with the balls to keep jumping into my lobbies even though they do 0 damage to anything and die the second something looks at them, to those guys. And given the size of these bosses I think making them easier to kill would defeat their purpose of being big and scary.

35 minutes ago, zoobmer said:

add a vet setting where enemy levels are double the current sorties

• rolls four rewards and allows players to select two

Just quadruple the enemy levels AND the amount of modifiers but just remove bloody anasa from the droptable, seriously just give me some Kuva atleast, 3k endo is not a worthwhile reward from a mission that can only be done once a day and can be pretty frustrating like radiation defence missions with that one guy who's determined to spam miasma every two seconds while being covered in radiation

• 2 weeks later...
On 2019-04-28 at 9:44 PM, (PS4)OriginalEquinox said:

Orbs and Eidolons are quite easy actually, hence the excess amount of MR2 Excalibros with the balls to keep jumping into my lobbies even though they do 0 damage to anything and die the second something looks at them, to those guys. And given the size of these bosses I think making them easier to kill would defeat their purpose of being big and scary.

then I guess you wouldn't mind carrying me through the fight, would you?