Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Idea Spitballs for an Ember Rework

ScarecroM

I think most people agree ember in her current form needs a rework. the nerf from a while back was uncalled for, and her abilities in their current form don't really play into each other all that well.

I don't expect this thread to really go anywhere or do anything, it's just to put these change ideas out there.. so here's the ideas.

her passive will be instead: 'ember regenerates 0.5 energy per second for every enemy lit on fire in her affinity range. does not work while abilities are being channeled.'

her 1 would be the same as it is now, but the radius of the aoe would ramp up more when channeled.

her 2 would be a channeled ability instead. It is a ring centralized around ember. all of ember's fire damage (from both weapons and abilities) is buffed for each enemy within the ring's radius that is on fire. all enemies within the ring will remain on fire perpetually until they die, or leave the ring. the ring itself will be half the radius of world on fire. 

her 3 would also be a channeled ability. this ability will work much differently. instead of being a stationary fire ring, Ember engulfs herself in fire, providing armor in addition to the added fire damage, and lighting all enemies that come in contact with her on fire.

Her 4 will function exactly as it did pre nerf. maybe with new visual effects.

I don't know how good an all channeling ability warframe would work in practice, which is why I have nothing to offer for stats, but it would definitely work if done properly.
The point is that utilizing all of ember's abilities at the same time is extremely expensive, but has very powerful synergy, but while she's not using her abilities she gets back energy very easily. her 1 as long as she has a little bit of energy will pay for itself and more if used correctly. her 2 in conjunction with her 4 semi-functions like how her 4 works now (but WAY better). Enemies within that radius are going to take grater damage from her 4, and the enemies damaged by her 4 within the radius that live further buffs her fire damage. her 3 exists to increase survivability, while also making her presence more destructive. also making it easier to feed her 2 ability which again in turn makes her 4 and 1 stronger.

If they were to redo her completely, I think:

PASSIVE: A stacking damage buff that stacks via enemies being under the heat status effect or being damaged/killed by fire damage. That way she can have more synergy with her skills and weapons with Heat damage. The buff is expelled on and empowers the next ability cast.

1st ABILITY: Still a basic damage ability. I've read on a bigger post about a potential Ember rework that a fully charged cast shreds 50% armor, which wouldn't seem so bad. I'm honestly not sure if the current "napalm-esque" AoE even does damage.

2nd ABILITY: No changes are necessary. Decent damage buffing ability, the stun is lackluster, but that's ok imo.

3rd ABILITY: Maybe have it be a charged ability so it has a bigger wave knockback, but I honestly have no idea how it can be different aside from this. It's a very situational ability.

4th ABILITY: Make it a charged ability, which will increase the cost/time and damage according to the charge %, range stays the same. The overall damage would be lower, but it would tick faster. Visually, it would be like an area around Ember akin to Zenistar, although, instead of continuous wave of fire, it would cause a wave to burst out of Ember every tick.

It honestly up in the air if any change to Ember will happen within the next couple of years, let alone if it will be for the better.