The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Total D-Bag Move, De - Mutagen Sample/mass

Brimir

The Mutagen Samples.

Livestream just confirmed that they are supposed to only drop in Derelicts.

Then let me ask this:

What is the point of Infested elsewhere? You talked about expanding on the lore: how are the non-Derelict Infested different in that they don't drop samples of the very mutagen that mutated them? These missions are not worth doing at all now, except to complete "the map", with a few exceptions like Xini.

Are you gonna lower the Mutagen Mass requirement for the Infested research items? Because in the face of this nerf (yes it is a blatant nerf, don't excuse it as anything else) to Mutagen Samples they are quite frankly ludicrious.

Edited by Brimir

I can't agree more, usually i try to always play "Devil's Advocate" but this is just way beyond my comprehension.

Why can we farm the other clan resources but not the Mutagen Samples? It makes no god damn sense, this is forcing players to grind for keys, so they can grind for Mutagen Samples.

This boggles my mind, i just.. i don't even.. what?

Edited by Manelag

I'm just sitting here, crossing my fingers that they will at least talk about the redonkulous costs/research requirements.

They might or they might not, this situation is currently very very delicate.

Just sit back and wait, until then take your Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream Eat it & cry into your pillows.

They might or they might not, this situation is currently very very delicate.

Just sit back and wait, until then take your Chocolate Chip Ice-Cream Eat it & cry into your pillows.

I'm not a little pink-panties-tea-party-little-girl.

I am man.

I run to the hills and weep.

Thank God I had my Acrid made before this ridiculously stupid change.

The final nails in the hilarity coffin is

a. Acrid will, most likely, still be way better than any of these new weapons

b. It is much, muuuuuch cheaper to make in terms of time/materials

Really?

Seriously?

*sigh*

Apparently I'm never going to make these weapons because of the ridiculous farming it will take to get enough for them.

Thank God I had my Acrid made before this ridiculously stupid change.

the new bio clan tech weapons are getting buffs according to Scott... there stats will be appropriate to their costs... at least thats what scott sez...

I think the main problem that they touched on during stream is that devs generally don't have to grind for anything, and their play testers might not have to either, and if they do their input might not get enough weight.

This means costs/grind progressions can be completely unreasonable, specially if one part of the dev team sets the costs and another changes how you get them, these mutagen costs would be a lot more reasonable if mutagens didn't only drop in derelicts anymore.

And frankly infested outside of derelicts dropping fieldrons is stupid.

the new bio clan tech weapons are getting buffs according to Scott... there stats will be appropriate to their costs... at least thats what scott sez...

I don't care if the Embolist is Acrid-levels of powerful, I have the Soma, I have the Strun Wraith, I have the Acrid, the Twin Gremlins and Despair are also pretty good.

I just can't justify grinding for weeks+ to get 1 pistol or gun.

I might eventually scrape together the samples for an item while helping people get Nekros or something and I might consider putting one together, but otherwise... *shrug*

I lost interest in that weaponry when I found out how ridiculous the costs are.

Amen brother. It will be interesting to see how they manage to get around this dousy in the new lore they've got coming.

At least other planets have a race variety, but Eris is literally the ONLY one that is infested and just that. It indeed does not make any sense.

Edited by RahuStalker

Until they change it back to what it was or make it where the derelict drops like 10 or 20 of them a run, I've just plain out given up. The prices are WAY to steep regardless of how good the weapons are. I'm not going to farm for map cord's only to then farm for mutagen samples, which will take me what like a week to get 10 mass'es? 

They said in a previous livestream that the armor system was "working as intended." However, with enough voice giving feedback as to why it shouldn't be this way, DE did reconsider their actions. People can be stubborn sometimes, for the better or worse, and when it's for the worse on the developers' side, we, as players, need to keep voicing this.

So, unlike some who will just simply bash at DE, let's keep the voice very loud, but clear, I'm positive such feedback will make them see reason in this and give us back the mutagen samples on Eris at least.

Edited by Casardis

Until they change it back to what it was or make it where the derelict drops like 10 or 20 of them a run, I've just plain out given up. The prices are WAY to steep regardless of how good the weapons are. I'm not going to farm for map cord's only to then farm for mutagen samples, which will take me what like a week to get 10 mass'es? 

Don't forget that the grinding time is just half of the equation.

Each of the Mutagen Mass comes with a 12h build time!