Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

We can currently only block IDs instead of Accounts?!

Fengzi.Prime

Which means, if a blocked player changes his IGN, you are not blocking him anymore. You two can chat and trade like all other randoms again.

Proofs see link, for those who do not want to waste platin to test themselves.

Please change this DE

If people shoudl do such, to lets say harras you, report them, simple as it is.

Such people can exist sure but i doubt alot will change there ID just to be able to talk back to people who dislike them already.

If it is trading and lets say scammers, you simply need to watch out when you trade also.

*insert most answers from reddit*

Overall as it might be a problem it seems pointless and as dumb it sounds it is income for them, same reason gold seller exit in MMO's, new account means more money still, etc.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb wachacreate:

It also means, if the one you are blocking changes IGN, and some newbie uses his old IGN, you are now blocking this innocent newbie...

It seems very unlikely that someone will have the exact same name honestly, Warframe is not a game you namea character or so where common names will repeat alot. Instead typical shooter names with several xx as signs or so.

Edited by Marine027

It is much more about just scam or harassment.

Tbh I never thought of the "harass and report" when I posted this.

I am a riven trader and I block players who I suspect as risky, namely they are possibly involved in rmt. Their platinum are possibly recalled by DE in the future. If they give you these bad platin, DE will recall them from your account, by the time when DE recalls and you don't have enough on your account, you will be banned due to having negative platin. That is why I block them and never want to have in touch with these "suspicious" accounts again. Some rmt traders change their ID regularly once their goodwill runs out. 200pl is nothing compared to build/buy another high MR trade-trustworthy account.

17 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

It seems very unlikely that someone will have the exact same name honestly, Warframe is not a game you namea character or so where common names will repeat alot. Instead typical shooter names with several xx as signs or so.

It has nothing to do with the "unlikely" or "likely", it is the fact and it is unreasonable. When we ignore a player we want to ignore this person instead of just an ID. This is why we ignore players right? Or when you ignore an ID you are fine thinking: alright if he changes IGN we can be friends again?

2 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

to me this looks like acocio went offline, logged into acocio1, then came back into acocio.

He went offline because after changing alias,  IGN was not refreshed. so he had to relog. I have no idea why the last msg still showed his old alias although atm he was already acocio1. This is just for testing the blocking mechanic, because testing this is costy.. although everyone who is curious can test themselves will come into the same result.

vor 1 Minute schrieb wachacreate:

It has nothing to do with the "unlikely" or "likely", it is the fact and it is unreasonable. When we ignore a player we want to ignore this person instead of just an ID. This is why we ignore players right? Or when you ignore an ID you are fine thinking: alright if he changes IGN we can be friends again?

And why would you accept a random friend invite?

Or react to someoen that randomly sends a tell despite not having any contact before like a trading request?

And even if this person does such, aslong he behaves its should be no problem, i doubt somoen will keep renaming himself over and over, and if he/she does, report them for spam.

Don't get me wrong but i see your point, yet i not see why people should do such in the first place if not haras you becasue they are a**holes or you done something wrong that they want to teach you even, i see both sides here, don't get me wrong again.

2 minutes ago, Marine027 said:

And why would you accept a random friend invite?

Or react to someoen that randomly sends a tell despite not having any contact before like a trading request?

And even if this person does such, aslong he behaves its should be no problem, i doubt somoen will keep renaming himself over and over, and if he/she does, report them for spam.

Don't get me wrong but i see your point, yet i not see why people should do such in the first place if not haras you becasue they are a**holes or you done something wrong that they want to teach you even, i see both sides here, don't get me wrong again.

You are right. It makes no sense to change IGN just to harass, but it makes a lot of sense to hide your outrun goodwill. I posted this for protecting myself from trading with suspicious account... and I believe many ppl block for the same reason:

8 minutes ago, wachacreate said:

I am a riven trader and I block players who I suspect as risky, namely they are possibly involved in rmt. Their platinum are possibly recalled by DE in the future. If they give you these bad platin, DE will recall them from your account, by the time when DE recalls and you don't have enough on your account, you will be banned due to having negative platin. That is why I block them and never want to have in touch with these "suspicious" accounts again. Some rmt traders change their ID regularly once their goodwill runs out. 200pl is nothing compared to build/buy another high MR trade-trustworthy account.