Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DE, please consider increasing the amount of Kuva rewarded for current farming methods.

(XBOX)Q 2 K O

You realize the whole point of kuva is to be a passive system. Like any mmo the whole thing that makes GOOD rivens insanely expensive is the fact that it is glacially paced.

It's like how in some mmo's there are only a handful of people who have the best statted gear because there is such a small chance of getting them. 

Riven's weren't made to be actively pursued. They are the sprinkles on the warframe cake, you can't have a cake made out of sprinkles.

Problem with the riven market is that people pay the ridiculous prices, and the market is in a vacuum. Unless the Platinum in a riven deal is spent on WF market items (consumable) it never goes away, so the people buying and selling Rubens at a profit continue to gain Platinum.  This is part of currency inflation.  The best part is people keep joining Warframe and that will eventually put money into a marker that had no resource cost other than time for riven merchants.  They literally have no real overhead because the expense for their time can never be recovered with any amount of Platinum, and therefore not part of the economy.

The fix? Stop paying people too much for not enough.  

As for the Kuva thing.  Nobody loves the slog and anyone defending 'the cost of perfection' is too fresh to know exhaustion and/or a victim of it but too stubborn to admit.  Make it more like the index.  Let people start it at a higher level of intensity for a greater reward multiplier.  As far as the story goes we are going into even more secure areas of the Kuva fortresses or some such nonsense.  Just give the technically capable (not just the time-wealthy) the means to advance in part of the end game.

Edited by Slumbering

4 hours ago, Jenove said:

Riven's weren't made to be actively pursued.

This is the dumbest thing I have red in a while. "The best gear in the game isn't made to be actively pursued". Then what was it made to? Randomly aquiering from a random loot table, into a random weapon with random stats, that randomly has its % set and can randomly have a negative, that can randomly ruin the whole Riven. On top of that we are only given 15 riven slots, for no reason, because apperantly Riven slots are as valuable than Warframe slots. (60p for additional 3).
The Riven system in Warframe is the worst designed system in any game with WoW's titanforging being close 2nd, but not close enough.

4 hours ago, Jenove said:

You realize the whole point of kuva is to be a passive system. Like any mmo the whole thing that makes GOOD rivens insanely expensive is the fact that it is glacially paced.

It's like how in some mmo's there are only a handful of people who have the best statted gear because there is such a small chance of getting them. 

Riven's weren't made to be actively pursued. They are the sprinkles on the warframe cake, you can't have a cake made out of sprinkles.

I literally got a God Rubico riven on my 4th roll. 

On a different note, I am not trying to downplay this thread but I honestly started kuva farming at MR 27. I am not even joking. You can swim through the content and back without any riven at all and therefore there is no real need for actively pursuing loads of kuva. I guess I just wasn't interested and saw it as a real RNG infested time waster. 

I casually do it now when I fancy a riven I unlocked from sorties. And I am not exactly swimming in kuva. But the reward from other activities like sorties, profiteer hunts ( I meant bounties from the 5th missions at both Cetus & Vallis) even NW is enough to sustain my decent sized riven collection.

With the existence of other sources to get it from plus the usual kuva farming, the current system works for me. But this is just my opinion on a resource that has a whole market system built for it. I find it ridiculous sometimes that players get so worked up about it.

Edited by Alpha_Tango
correction