The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Constructive Feedback On Nekros Skill "desecrate"

lautalocos

scott wanted constructive feedback, and so, here it is:

1. the skill slows down the game. one of the reasons there is no cover system in this game is because DE said that it would slow down the flow of combat. looking for bodies, having a long cast animation, only working in a body at a time.

all of these things slow down the combat a lot

2. the skill is boring. even if it was a very usefull skill, it would still be really, really boring. im not saying it should be like nova explosion-fest, but the skill is probably the most generic skill of the game.

3. it´s not satisfying to use. it costs 50 energy, and it will give you little loot, or no loot at all. the cost/reward difference is way too big

4. the bodies take way too little time to disapear. scott said that they might do something about that, but a lot of people don´t have great rigs, and so, having more bodies all around might slow down some people.

overal, i think it should be reworked completely.

there are thousands of possibilities for skills for him on the forums:

life drains, debuffs, poisons, death and dark shenanigans, d20 will sav.... wait, wrong game.

still, you get my meaning.

Desecrate should keep same effect, but should be cast on live enemies, increasing drop rate of orbs, ammo, mats and stuff. Something like buff that increases drop rate when mobs die.

Effect stays the same, but power gets more usability.

Win=win situation.

it would still be a really boring skill.

Desecrate should keep same effect, but should be cast on live enemies, increasing drop rate of orbs, ammo, mats and stuff. Something like buff that increases drop rate when mobs die.

Win=win situation.

I like the premise there. (I personally like desecrate). But I would go a bit farther and just make it a persistent toggle-able effect, maybe have it reduce your max energy, or slowly drain your energy, or drain energy every time someone dies if it is on. Another possibility could be making the first warframe power that is an Aura, (It takes the Aura Slot) and have it increase drop rates (I think if that were to happen some negative effect would be in order to balance it though).

As for the OP's points I think 1,3, and 4 are right on. But for 2 I disagree. I enjoy getting extra loot (then again I am a completionist who plays mostly solo)

Desecrate is a good concept, but need less energy cost.

All one really needs for more corpses is a good Melee and an Ogris.

Loki's Decoy will help.

Plus, I like the idea of ripping the resources right out a mob, and killing them in the process.

Edited by Shiniko

Win=win situation.

I like this idea. What if it was also an AOE that tagged all enemies within range? If they die before the duration runs out, they drop more stuff.

At 50, or even 75 energy this would probably be fair. Even at 75, you would make the energy back easily with the skill.

Edited by Kaidinah

Desecrate is a good concept, but need less energy cost.

All one really needs for more corpses is a good Melee and an Ogris.

Loki's Decoy will help.

Plus, I like the idea of ripping the resources right out a mob, and killing them in the process.

one skill shouldn´t limit players to one weapon to be usefull

Think if it was best, if it gave players around you a small shield of darkness(or shadow walker/helper) kinda thing going on. Since they did say it was an aggressive support- I think it should go along the lines with those. Or how Nova's first power, in a way is still somewhat protecting you.