Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Useless Operator Arcanes: Magus Revert - Which direction do we go to finish fixing this arcane after it took a blow from a nerfbat?

Jagrabbit

So, ever since this note came in in a patch a while ago:

• Magus Revert now has a 3 second cooldown. This cooldown is a result of macro abuse in conjunction with Magus Lockdown and Madurai Meteoric Dash in order to deal an absurd amount of damage all at once. ...

Magus Revert is damned near useless.  3 Second Cooldown?   When would anybody realistically use this now compared to another Lockdown, Repair or any number of other Magus Arcanes?

What I'm really getting at is, why 3 seconds and not 1 second or a some other length of time that still causes the prior unintended spike damage from Lockdown/Madurai to be unimpressive?   Lets be real though, even at 1 second, it still has to compete with the heal from Replenish which is 20% and has no cooldown (125-175hp roughly every void dash).  

This change was a swift and dirty fix to stop Magus Revert from being used for exploitative effectiveness, but the 3 seconds is overkill.  Please tune this arcane further.  Almost anything would be a huge improvement!   Having Arcanes in the game that nobody sees a point in using is just kinda silly.  There has to be something that can be done to clean this mess up before it just sits here for 3 years untouched after being stomped into the ground like it was.

----

Anybody have some ideas on what direction we could go with Magus Revert in order to give it some interesting functionality, since we're not going to be able to use it for its original void dash spamming functionality?

Personally, I would be interested in seeing a low hp 6/12/15/20m taunt clone if we're going to keep a silly cooldown on the arcane.  I'd also like to see the flat heal changed to significant % value in order to make sure it grows in strength as operators do in future patches.

• Like 1

Just now, Marvelous_A said:

I suggest renaming it into Arcane Magus Revert This Dumb Nerf DE

Sadly, Reverting the Revert Nerf isn't the right play - they did have a valid reason for nerfing it...  but they did kinda just take it out into Orb Vallis to have Rhino stomp on it a few times and then just left.  It'd be good if they took just a bit more time to thoughtfully put Magus Revert in a useful spot where it'd still see use by people genuinely looking to utilize it rather than just rushing to make sure nobody would utilize it any further.

I'm hoping folks can come up with something useful that sparks some creative interest from DE.