The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

GPU hits 100% when Warframe Minimized

Chappie

I play in windowed mode.  If i'm in warframe just idling (e.g. in my orbiter or some menu screen) i'm at 12.5% CPU and maybe 30-35% GPU (4k res with 4k screen).  CPU is a i5-9600k (not OC'd) and a eVGA 1070Ti. If I minimize warframe (I play in windowed mode) with the following windows open..this happens.  

In orbiter : CPU = 50%, GPU = 26%

Foundry : CPU = 53%, GPU = 15%

Arsenal: CPU = 50%, GPU = 10%

Syndicate Screen : CPU = 50%, GPU = 100% (WTF)

Mods: CPU = 50%, GPU = 27%

Relic : CPU = 50%, GPU = 12%

Whenever warframe is minimized, my CPU goes to 50%...THIS MAKES ZERO SENSE

Whenever warframe is minimized, In some screen you are using borderline STUPID GPU power

I'm not sure what this is...but this is pretty terrible IMO.  This is repeatable regardless of rebooting, driver upgrades or downgrades).

I'm having the same issues. Every since the update the temps seem higher too on the gpu, by a good 15 degrees. No other games I play are affected like that. I play a lot of GTA Online (maxed everything and advanced settings too) and that game runs cooler now than warframe which used to run much cooler and gpu not hitting 100 .

Looks like, with V-sync, it fails to limit "max frame rate", a faded out option in graphics that can't be changed, unless V-sync is turned off. Minimize, then restore, the in-game FPS counter went above 200 FPS and then count down. But, Steam overlay's built in FPS counter drops to 1 FPS... so... Looks like the game is constantly and uselessly rendering some stuff, more then 200 times per second without present/flip command and fails to v-sync while minimized, ignoring "Max Framerate" unless v-sync is off.

V-sync on in windowed mode (1796x988). While minimized, here is what I got:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2400g, 16 GB RAM, 3.8 GHz
GPU1: Vega 11 integrated graphics, UMA buffer 128 MB, constant 1240 Mhz with 3 monitors plugged in.
GPU2: AMD RX 580 8GB, no monitors are plugged into this GPU. 

CPU GPU1  (Power saving GPU, so GPU2 is always 0% usage)
27% 2% in Orbiter
28% 30% in Orbitor with Ordis talking (foundry complete)
32% 33% in Foundry
34% 85% in Syndicates
34% 61% in Mods
32% 68% in Relics

CPU GPU1 GPU2 (High performance GPU)
30% 1% 12% in Orbiter
30% 1% 20% in Orbitor with Ordis talking (foundry complete)
33% 1% 31% in Foundry
36% 1% 50% in Syndicates
34% 1% 43% in Mods
32% 1% 41% in Relics

16% 15% 24% in Orbitor, not minimized. The integrated graphics just does the work of DWM composition and video outputs.

GPU1's speed was manually set in motherboard settings to always stay at 1240 MHz. HybridGraphics enabled with iGPU as primary.

GPU2 usage sometimes appears higher at low percentage due to graphics card slowing itself down to 300 Mhz when less then about 20% is used, to save some power and generate less heat. AMD Wattsman tool and HWINFO64 shows this to me.

Got same or similar issue too, after one of the recent hotfixes.

CPU usage is low as usual, but GTX 1050 Ti usage keeps spiking to 98-100% in missions even when just running around orbiter, causing momentary hiccups in FPS.

After some testing, turning off "High Quality Shaders" and "High Dynamic Range" seems to have stabilized things in missions and open world areas, but GPU still goes to insane 90-95% in menus and in Orbiter.

Weird...