Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mmo?

MaxHardwood

This game is listed as an MMO. I really can't tell which part is MMO though. There is no gameplay which makes it an MMO any more than Counter Strike is an MMO. It would be nice if there were actual in game lobbies and a world you have to navigate to start missions and stuff. I'm aware DE has said they don't have the resources to host everything on their own and that's fine. But this game isn't any more MMO than it is a Beta.

Now for the actual point of this thread. Is anybody aware of any MMO implementation being worked on for this? Was it mentioned in a live stream or forum post? I haven't really found anything useful in searching.

MMO = massive multiplayer online

A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world -wiki

I don't think there is any way to describe this game than an mmotps = third person shooter ┐('~`;)┌ 

A massively multiplayer online game. A computer game in which a large number of players can simultaneously interact in a persistent world -wiki

I don't think there is any way to describe this game than an mmotps = third person shooter ┐('~`;)┌ 

You think 4 is a large number? Or are you including the chat rooms as part of interactive gameplay?

You mean co-op TPS, right? It's not an MMO. You just described it yourself - only four players max can interact simultaneously. Not the entire playerbase or hundreds of people.

An mmo to me is just people around the world connected to each other in that particular game, in gameplay wise if you mean the groups then that is not massive of course but the player base is massive. If in another game its like you're in a party to get into a dungeon with only 5 people in the party including yourself it still is an mmo. imo

Edited by mushypancake

Well now I'm not sure if they used to list it as an MMO or ever did. I swear I remember it being officially called an MMO before.

Warframe is a cooperative free-to-play third person online action game set in an evolving sci-fi world. Join your friends in player-vs-enemy raids across the solar system and master the power of the Warframes. Stand alone or fight together against enemies that threaten your world. They were called Tenno.

Speaking of mmo...Planetside 2 would be a really good example.

Well now I'm not sure if they used to list it as an MMO or ever did. I swear I remember it being officially called an MMO before.

They still do :

http://www.digitalextremes.com/games/warframe

"Some would call it MMO-Lite"

Dojos were not in game yet as this site has not been updated for long now.

But anyway, we all know that clans are not interactive, right? right?

Damn, what am I doing!

1yxe.jpg

Edited by matto

Here's neat idea... user hosted "stations" where people can connect... Basically dedicated servers that users can connect to and then run around with their frames with other people, whatever the server can handle, and can group up to launch missions and alerts.

I think DE mentioned they dont have plan for make the squad more than 4 player...even if they willing to do it, this wont happen any sooner. Not at least in a few months time.

I personally want to see a 8 men squad and fight boss like Golem...

I think DE mentioned they dont have plan for make the squad more than 4 player...even if they willing to do it, this wont happen any sooner. Not at least in a few months time.

I personally want to see a 8 men squad and fight boss like Golem...

I wouldn't think of it as more than 4 doing the missions, rather it's a place for say up to 32 to hang out and run around where there are objects that launch missions rather than just clicking on a solar system map. Still keep the missions to 4 people, but make a lobby.