Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Endgame possible solution. Mission concept: tower ascension

(PSN)Riasch

First of all i want to say that i am not a native english speaker, so if i have a mistake in orthogaphy o grammar, im sorry.

So, endgame. We have endgame in warframe. But is... meh. There is the daily sortie, the void fisure, the kuva farming, incursions, orokin vaults, sindicates, relic farming, bla bla bla... we have a loth, but that is most focus on new players. veterans are being left behind. Warframe is mostly (if not entirely) a farming game, you grind to get what you want. At first is exciting, but later is turn repetitive. All the endgame modes what we have now is just farming endlessly (unless you have a friendly clan and you can organise funny games of hide and seek, BUT THAT'S NOT THE POINT OF THIS INTRODUCTION SO FORGET THAT). Now, DE try to fix that with the inclusion of sorties, but 3 random missions with no type of interest reward between them and just a single reward at the end (MOSTLY ANASAS THAT YOU SELL FULL FOR 1 PL EACH) dosn't feel...  whort it (unless you are lucky and you get a legendary core). Then is the issue of escalating enemies or escalating rewards but i will touch that concept later

So, I thought, What could be endgame? First I thought of the location. It come to my mind the dark sectors, but DE is already working on them. Then I remember the void. The titleset of the void is called "Orokin Towers", but when i play in the void it dosn't feel like a tower, is more like a ancient forbidden palace. So I thought into turning the Orokin Tower more, well, like a tower. Then I thought How the videogames use the towers? And it come to me. Ladys and gentlemens, Tennos of all ages, I present to you:

MISSION TYPE: TOWER ASCENSION:

In the void is going to be four nodes with this mission type (for preference in Taranti, Anis, Belenus and Mot) and each node is goin to have his own tier

Some notes before start

• To acces a tower you will need 4 void keys of the tier (just one to enter. Later i will explain) You can investigate the blueprint of 10xT1 void keys on the orokin lab
  • Once you enter you can't abandon the mission (this is to avoid host migration) so make sure you are ok with your team

The towers are going to have 20 floors divided in 4 stays. Each floor  look like a great hall with stairs and platforms with a pillar in the middle of the room. There is going to have an objective, like "kill all enemys before the time expire" or "hack all consoles in order". something in between the bounties (in Fortuna and PoE) and regular missions. You need to complete the objetive and kill all enemies so a elevator is unlocked to go to the next floor. (If the DE staf is reading this, you can use the metod that you use in Fortuna to simulate the elevator while the next floor is loading using the same map but change the position of traps and Storage containers, this would save you a lot of time in desing the maps and we save a lot of time in loading time)

At the same time the elevator unlocks, the pillar in the middle goes up revealing someting into this list

• Any available relic (not vault) 80%
  • any ayatan sculpture () 10%
  • a orokin cipher 10%

you can take it or leave it

Every five floors, you will enter in a small camera (somewhere in between the floors). Here you can find a ancient Orokin personal chamber. You can use a void key to open it and reveal some of the folowing objets:

• a riven mod 10%
  • Any radiant  availabe relic (the era depend of the tier of the tower) 25%
  • 10 orokin cells 15%
  • 1 full crafted forma 20%
  • 100-300 oxium 25%
  • 2000 kuva 5%

This RNG list is repeated in every tier.

Also in this camera you can find a terminal, a void energy condenser

If you interact with the terminal you can deactivate the exterior defense of the tower (lore) to let ordis to dock  the orbiter. Once this happened, all your resources that you found in the tower are save (you dont lose them if you die further in the tower) and you can access the arsenal and the foundry in this room. Then you can leave the tower, o change your equipment and take the elevator and go further. You can also use in the same therminal an orokin cipher to hack it and ordis will told you hints about what can be in the five next floors. For example: "i detect heavy armorer enemies" (corrupted grinner), "my sensors feel healing waves further" (corrupted healers), "aparently there is a flaw in the energy core. Please be carefull with the radiation, operator" (readiation hazard) etc.(DE team, this is a stay like fortuna or cetus, for again avoid the host migration)

With the void energy condencer, you can put ANY RELIC and a void energy detector. They are made like this:

• 10x void essense
  • 1x orokin cipher
  • 30x oxium
  • 15000 credits
  • 1 hour

When you do that, in the chamber of the next five floors you get the relic open. But wait, there is more: when a relic is open this way, the relic is open twice and you can choose the item within in. Let me explain: lets imegine that we have a lith A1 relic. This relic can roll any of this:

• braton prime barrel
  • forma blueprint
  • saryn prime neuroptics
  •  vectis prime blueprint
  • askileto prime blueprint

So we roll the relic, is vaulted, and you want the saryn prime neuroptics. IT GAVES YOU  A FORMA!!! But wait, dont slap your keyboard in the monitor. I say its roll twice. so the relic roll again, but this time it roll without the forma blueprint :

• braton prime barrel
  • ------------------(reroll)
  • saryn prime neuroptics
  •  vectis prime blueprint
  • askileto prime blueprint

And it roll the saryn prime neuro. So, now we have two things, the forma and the saryn neuro. and you can choose one to keep.

Note: once you put the relic

Now you go to the elevator, wait for the rest of your team, and continue. Every 5 floors the enemies increase their level by 15. So be carefull. 

In the final floor (20) theres goin to be a boss with five eximus units and constant enemies coming. You need to kill them (ovbiously).

There are some bosses that i have been thinking of

• tower T1: corrupted sergeant (if we put them here we can find a better boss for phobos) and 5 corrupted crewmen eximus
  • tower T2: corrupted manic and 5 corrupter heavy gunner eximus
  • tower T3: corrupted jugernaut and 5 corrupted ancient eximus
  • tower T4: corrupted vor(kinda obvious) and 2 corrupted bombard, 1 heavy gunner and 2 corrupted nullifiers. all eximus

The boss floor doesn't have a pillar in the middle instead it have a circular platform.

After you kill the boss, all the team must be in the platform, this platform is going up (like in kela de thaym) and stop in the upper level revealing four golden statues of escalibur prime kneeling down before you. Then you to a simple parkour to go to a upper platform where your reward is. In the platform there is a guaranted reward, and a orokin case. You can use a void key if the tier matches.

This are the possible rewards: (In black is the reward of the case)

• Tower T1: 10x void keys T2 blueprint (guaranted)
    • 3 days booster pack 30%
    • 20 argon crystals 30%
    • 20 nitain estract 20%
    • orokin catalist blueprint 10%
    • orokin reactor blueprint 10%
  • Tower T2: 10x void keys T3 blueprint (guaranted)
    • 3 days booster pack 20%
    • 1200 oxium 20%
    • 6 perfect argon crystals 20% (not decay)
    • 1 forma 20%
    • 30 orokin cells 10%
    • 1 sentinel weapon riven mod 10%
  • Tower T3: 10x void key T4 blueprint(guaranted)
    • 2000 oxium 30%
    • 20000 kuva 30 %
    • 5 riven mods 10%
    • 3 forma 10%
    • orokin catalist 10%
    • orokin reactor 10%
  • Tower T4: 100.000 kuva (guaranted), a golden statue of excalibur prime (guaranted) and a operator suit orokin themed(just one per player)
    • 3000 oxium 20%
    • unveiled riven mod 10%
    • 10x any vaulted relic 10%
    • 50% discount for 24h 10%
    • A random noggle 10%
    • A prime vault cosmetic 10%
    • 50x vitus essence 10%
    • random arcane r3 10%
    • 1 second of the hydroid prime trailer 10% (collect them all)

If you also have a matching dragon key you have double guaranted reward and other roll of the orokin case.

And that is. my idea. tell me what do you think. I am not a vet, but i think that most of the thing on the T4 tower rewards are ok to veterans. Well..... thanks to read this. cause i spent 4 hours in this. bye

• Like 4

Topics like this appear every now and then (Vets got nothing to do so we need a new game mode), i am not saying its bad or anything, quite the opposite i quite liked the idea of a tower with floors and each floor having a different challenge, but the so called "challenge" won't be a challenge after few weeks when people learn the ins and outs of the so called "challenge tower" and it will be another outdated, cheesed content that people will rush for free stuff.

1 thing is for sure about ur idea: The red marked rewards you can pretty much stop dreaming about them because i doubt they will ever implement such loot table ever.

Spoiler
52 minutes ago, (PS4)Riasch said:
  • Tower T1: 10x void keys T2 blueprint (guaranted)
    • 3 days booster pack 30%
    • 20 argon crystals 30%
    • 20 nitain estract 20%
    • orokin catalist blueprint 10%
    • orokin reactor blueprint 10%
  • Tower T2: 10x void keys T3 blueprint (guaranted)
    • 3 days booster pack 20%
    • 1200 oxium 20%
    • 6 perfect argon crystals 20% (not decay)
    • 1 forma 20%
    • 30 orokin cells 10%
    • 1 sentinel weapon riven mod 10%
  • Tower T3: 10x void key T4 blueprint(guaranted)
    • 2000 oxium 30%
    • 20000 kuva 30 %
    • 5 riven mods 10%
    • 3 forma 10%
    • orokin catalist 10%
    • orokin reactor 10%
  • Tower T4: 100.000 kuva (guaranted), a golden statue of excalibur prime (guaranted) and a operator suit orokin themed(just one per player)
    • 3000 oxium 20%
    • unveiled riven mod 10%
    • 10x any vaulted relic 10%
    • 50% discount for 24h 10%
    • A random noggle 10%
    • A prime vault cosmetic 10%
    • 50x vitus essence 10%
    • random arcane r3 10%
    • 1 second of the hydroid prime trailer 10% (collect them all) -No idea what this is

hace 40 minutos, 404.NameNoTFound dijo:

Topics like this appear every now and then (Vets got nothing to do so we need a new game mode), i am not saying its bad or anything, quite the opposite i quite liked the idea of a tower with floors and each floor having a different challenge, but the so called "challenge" won't be a challenge after few weeks when people learn the ins and outs of the so called "challenge tower" and it will be another outdated, cheesed content that people will rush for free stuff.

1 thing is for sure about ur idea: The red marked rewards you can pretty much stop dreaming about them because i doubt they will ever implement such loot table ever.

Thanks for the feedback, I also know that the drop tables I put aren't viable. However they represent some very common loot that advanced players are lookin for. About the drop "1 second of the hydroid prime trailer 10%" is just a joke about the fact that there isn´t more prime trailers when a new prime come out.

The joke has two purposes.

1. made someone laugh
  2. imply that if this type of mission is going to make out, DE should put some loot in the T4 tower that vet are interested on it
Edited by (PS4)Riasch

I think this is a pretty neat idea. I agree with the texts the guy above highlighted in red, along with some other ones, being unreasonable (except for the arcane, that's actually a pretty neat drop. The drop chance would have to be lower though). A couple things would have to change however. First off, there's no way they're making is so you can't leave. But secondly, regarding vets, I think the missions, especially higher tier ones, would need to be decently high level, higher than mot currently is. And finally, a lovely topic known as scaling rewards. Would more time invested be rewarded, or would it just be the same drops 2 hours in as it was when you started the mission? Just consider these things.