Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bow Buff

Luminide

aim for weak points with your dread and you'll see plenty of crits. it's one of my favorite weapons in the whole game and i use it when not leveling brand new stuff or when i just feel like using a gun. i can kill whole groups with a single non explosive arrow because of crits. I get multiple headshots with the same arrow all the time.

aim for weak points with your dread and you'll see plenty of crits. it's one of my favorite weapons in the whole game and i use it when not leveling brand new stuff or when i just feel like using a gun. i can kill whole groups with a single non explosive arrow because of crits. I get multiple headshots with the same arrow all the time.

All sniping weapons deal high amounts of critical damage per hit (50%/420%), but the Soma deals high amounts of critical shots (87.5%/840%). The bows can deal damage to groups thanks to ragdolling bodies. Unfortunately, although a small nerf to the critical stats of the Soma would be nice, it's probably not going to happen.

I find it ridiculous that my bow(dread) which is meant for crits(like all snipers), fails to get crits 3 out of 4 times,while and lmg(soma) crits on literally every shot. Please DE either buff other weapons(especially bows) or nerf the soma.

Is this a joke topic that is ment to be a underhanded means of attacking Soma? Do you even have a dread with all the mods equipped for it? I have seen numerous troll topics about bows and saying you fail to get critical 3/4 of the time is a clear indication.

All sniping weapons deal high amounts of critical damage per hit (50%/420%), but the Soma deals high amounts of critical shots (87.5%/840%). The bows can deal damage to groups thanks to ragdolling bodies. Unfortunately, although a small nerf to the critical stats of the Soma would be nice, it's probably not going to happen.

Soma has 10 base damage dread has 15x soma's base, stop asking for nerfs based off of failed math.

Edited by LazyKnight

Soma has 10 base damage dread has 15x soma's base, stop asking for nerfs based off of failed math.

I guess you didn't read:

You should stop claiming that I am using failed math, especially since you're implying that I'm actually going to false conclusions based on valid math and incorrect information. Let's put it like this: you would need a large series of balances across all rifles (or a simpler series of nerfs on the Soma) to maintain a sense of weapon balancing and tiers. Then again, I have no idea how Damage/Armor 2.0 will be changing critical stats.

I guess you didn't read:

You should stop claiming that I am using failed math, especially since you're implying that I'm actually going to false conclusions based on valid math and incorrect information. Let's put it like this: you would need a large series of balances across all rifles (or a simpler series of nerfs on the Soma) to maintain a sense of weapon balancing and tiers. Then again, I have no idea how Damage/Armor 2.0 will be changing critical stats.

I am sick of your snide comments in EVERY topic inserting how you want soma nerfed because it hurts your poor little worthless supra. The RIFLES are ALL underpowered compared every available mission in game, your suggestion Soma gets nerfed based on supra is making me think that you're blinded by personally envy. You fail at math, i'll say it again and again until you stop comparing Soma to underpowered weapons. Comparatively speaking anything useful is overpowered compared to something that is useless.

People like you that have been calling for nerfs on every weapons since U7 have made me want to uninstall this game. I am serious feed up with this incessant whining people have in this game about weapons. The only reason I started posing on the forums in the first place is whiners got both HEK and gorgon nerfed.

Edited by LazyKnight

I am sick of your snide comments in EVERY topic inserting how you want soma nerfed because it hurts your poor little worthless supra. The RIFLES are ALL underpowered compared every available mission in game, your suggestion Soma gets nerfed based on supra is making me think that you're blinded by personally envy. You fail at math, i'll say it again and again until you stop comparing Soma to underpowered weapons.

I'm not surprised by your snide retort; I hear you like being the pot  that calls the kettle black. You know the sad/ironic part? I don't even own the Supra because the effectiveness:cost ratio is horrendous. Nevertheless, some of the power behind a weapon should be based on its costs and restrictions.

Personal envy? Almost every weapon I've seen in the game has one or more noticeable drawbacks of some sort, with a few exceptions. Those exceptions include the Soma, Acrid, throwing knives, and later Vandals/Wraiths.

All primaries aren't necessarily underpowered, but the secondaries carry the overpowered status with their better mods and damage mechanisms. I do not fail at math. You continually confuse this with the accusation that I'm making an invalid argument through false conclusions. I'll say this again and again until you prove that there are any true drawbacks with the Soma outside of the newbie and elemental mods argument. 

Edited by ChaoticVice777

All primaries aren't necessarily underpowered, but the secondaries carry the overpowered status with their better mods and damage mechanisms. I do not fail at math. You continually confuse this with the accusation that I'm making an invalid argument through false conclusions. I'll say this again and again until you prove that there are any true drawbacks with the Soma outside of the newbie and elemental mods argument. 

I have used my Soma and tried to solo a tier 3 voids defense and couldn't without using ammos packs. I had rifle mutation equipped all mods perfect and 3 forma on my weapon and ran out of ammo every wave past 10. The ammo usage of that weapon is not even remotely as efficient as people keep harping on about past level 80. It goes from needing 2-3 hits on a weak spot to 7-10 and heavy's use up 50 rounds easy.

The other rifles are just worse than soma too the point of being ridiculous, they could not have done half as well as Soma. I have soloed T3 defense with numerous weapons and I have come to the conclusion via play testing that rifles are in fact worthless for anything over 60+. This isn't even debatable they are the worst class of weapon in this game and fail before getting to Pluto, unless incredibly highly mod and forma level.

I'm not surprised by your snide retort; I hear you like being the pot  that calls the kettle black. You know the sad/ironic part? I don't even own the Supra because the effectiveness:cost ratio is horrendous. Nevertheless, some of the power behind a weapon should be based on its costs and restrictions.

I am irritated with this nerf trip in general and I am taking it out on you sorry.

Supra net value is worthless than a Mk1-braton, DE really screwed that weapon up worse than just about any weapon in game. It is the equivalent of picking a character in Dagger Falls and selecting all the negative attributes and forgetting to put any positive traits.

Edited by LazyKnight

I have used my Soma and tried to solo a tier 3 voids defense and couldn't without using ammos packs. I had rifle mutation equipped all mods perfect and 3 forma on my weapon and ran out of ammo every wave past 10. The ammo usage of that weapon is not even remotely as efficient as people keep harping on about past level 80. It goes from needing 2-3 hits on a weak spot to 7-10 and heavy's use up 50 rounds easy.

The other rifles are just worse than soma too the point of being ridiculous, they could not have done half as well as Soma. I have soloed T3 defense with numerous weapons and I have come to the conclusion via play testing that rifles are in fact worthless for anything over 60+. This isn't even debatable they are the worst class of weapon in this game and fail before getting to Pluto unless incredibly highly mod and forma level.

Current armor scaling breaks game balancing, but I'm pretty sure the Soma was a lot more effective than many of the other rifles.

I am irritated with this nerf trip in general and I am taking it out on you sorry.

I'm fairly irritated with the fact that the Soma has no true downsides and that giving feedback to DE developers in regards to this issue is a pointless endeavor because nothing that will be done beyond a high Mastery rank restriction.

Supra net value is worthless that a Mk1-braton, DE really screwed that weapon up worse than just about any weapon in game. It is the equivalent of picking a character in dagger falls and selecting all the negative attributes and forget to put positive traits.

The Supra's net value is much higher than a Mk1-Braton; if not, you can argue that they fill different niches effectiveness. Personally, although Digital Extremes may have added too many cons to the Supra, they also added too many positives to the Soma.

Edited by ChaoticVice777

Current armor scaling breaks game balancing, but I'm pretty sure the Soma was a lot more effective than many of the other rifles.

I'm fairly irritated with the fact that the Soma has no true downsides and that giving feedback to DE developers in regards to this issue is a pointless endeavor because nothing that will be done beyond a high Mastery rank restriction.

The Supra's net value is much higher than a Mk1-Braton; if not, you can argue that they fill different niches effectiveness. Personally, although Digital Extremes may have added too many cons to the Supra, they also added too many positives to the Soma.

Pleases do not ever post inside another person quotes, it just makes it annoying to read.

Armor scaling is only part of the problem, the rifles have issues that go beyond armor changes fixing them.

Latron prime isn't good past level 50 and NEEDS a buff because it was left behind when they raised the NPC level, this is caused by the health inflation and not the armor mitigation. Braton uses pistol rounds that are smaller than a lato and scales terribly because of it. Gorgon is useless and should not have a mastery rank at all, let alone cost more than a burston. The weapons with 20-25 bullets damage do not scale at all and need to be revaluated.

The only good rifle(s) other than the soma are the Hind and flux rifle. Hind uses up ammo rather quickly and is horrid unless moderate amounts of forma are used. Flux rifle isn't a rifle, but for the sake of the argument it is fine. Burston is in the same camp as hind and is only ok if it can hit all rounds on the target, but still suffers terrible ammo efficiency when it takes more or less than a full burst to drop an NPC.

Supra has no niche that is currently owner of because everything it can do a shotgun is functionally superior. Supra effective range is 2-4 meters(spread, recoil, 40 bullet speed and accuracy make body shots occur after this range) making it the worst ranged weapon in game. The spray and pray idea doesn't work in this game for any faction other than corpus and it is STILL better to use any of the shotguns on them over using a supra.

Edited by LazyKnight

Pleases do not ever post inside another person quotes, it just makes it annoying to read.

Armor scaling is only part of the problem, the rifles have issues that go beyond armor changes fixing them.

Latron prime isn't good past level 50 and NEEDS a buff because it was left behind when they raised the NPC level, this is caused by the health inflation and not the armor mitigation. Braton uses pistol rounds that are smaller than a lato and scales terribly because of it. Gorgon is useless and should not have a mastery rank at all, let alone cost more than a burston. The weapons with 20-25 bullets damage do not scale at all and need to be revaluated.

The only good rifle(s) other than the soma are the Hind and flux rifle. Hind uses up ammo rather quickly and is horrid unless moderate amounts of forma are used. Flux rifle isn't a rifle, but for the sake of the argument it is fine. Burston is in the same camp as hind and is only ok if it can hit all rounds on the target, but still suffers terrible ammo efficiency when it takes more or less than a full burst to drop an NPC.

Supra has no niche that is currently owner of because everything it can do a shotgun is functionally superior. Supra effective range is 2-4 meters(spread, recoil, 40 bullet speed and accuracy make body shots occur after this range) making it the worst ranged weapon in game. The spray and pray idea doesn't work in this game for any faction other than corpus and it is STILL better to use any of the shotguns on them over using a supra.

Just to spite, I'll continue answering inside the box. You have to be one of the most irritating people I've ever met while using the forums.

Armor scaling is the main problem for now, as it throws off the viability, balance, and/or tiers of all the rifles. Nevertheless, even without armor, the Soma is blatantly better than any other Bullet-type rifle in the game.

Even with its intended niche/function, the Latron Prime needs a buff. It got left behind by armor scaling, which increases effective health. The Braton does not use pistols rounds, and it scales terribly due to armor scaling. The Gorgon is not useless, even if its accuracy/spread is terrible, but it should cost more than the Burston.

The Supra has the LMG niche. The shotguns are designed to kill within a few hits; the Supra had the advantage of outstanding DPS (Acrid and Soma say otherwise, for obvious reasons). The effective range of the Supra is around 15-25 meters, depending on the user's leading skills and situation. The spray and pray idea does work, but armor scaling affects many parts of the body except for most weak points.

The Supra has the LMG niche. The shotguns are designed to kill within a few hits; the Supra had the advantage of outstanding DPS (Acrid and Soma say otherwise, for obvious reasons). The effective range of the Supra is around 15-25 meters, depending on the user's leading skills and situation. The spray and pray idea does work, but armor scaling affects many parts of the body except for most weak points.

You do not even have the weapon and you're claiming you know how effective it is. I am laughing realy this is great your are a definite troll.

Do me a favor and stop acting like you know what your talking about. Effective range is for it's dps that it should have with all shots hitting the same target and/or it's weak point.

. You have to be one of the most irritating people I've ever met while using the forums.

Might have something to do with the fact you keep butting in every topic with wrong or partial information.

Edited by LazyKnight

I think people need to stop talking about this Supra Soma thingy, DE doesn't seems to even care about that. If they want to nerf soma, they'll do it already and if they want to buff supra, maybe wait several months, that's it if they even want to buff it. Their concern now seems to go beyond balancing weapons and frames, and more likely about fixing many other issues and preparing for PS4 version.

Edited by yuujisakakibara

You do not even have the weapon and you're claiming you know how effective it is. I am laughing realy this is great your are a definite troll.

Do me a favor and stop acting like you know what your talking about. Effective range is for it's dps that it should have with all shots hitting the same target and/or it's weak point.

Might have something to do with the fact you keep butting in every topic with wrong or partial information.

Clearly, I cannot at least refer to other people's experiences. And just for kicks:

Do me a favor and take that chill pill because now you're being delusional. I define effective range as >66-75% of the shots hitting 1+ targets. The Supra's spread is too large to actually try focusing on one target beyond five to ten meters. I might be unclear at times, but I doubt I'm giving wrong information (for now, anyhow).

/argument

I'll even let you have the last word!

/condescension

Edited by ChaoticVice777