Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nyx Or Nekros

ultrabomb9

Question

10 answers to this question

I found Nyx to be very boring since she only really has 3 skills and her second was bad but haven't played after buff. I like Nekros a lot more he feels a lot more useful than her. SOTD is also incredibly awesome if you know how to use it (focus on strong mobs so you bring back like 9 ancients and they and kill/distract the other mobs while you target the powerful ones.

I have both and I have been main-ing Nyx since before Nekros came out.

Nyx is nearly perfectly balanced except for her Ult which is pathetic. She's amazing at crowd control with Chaos and has a great single target 'remove from game' ability in mind control. She doesnt feel OP, but she's very powerful from a utility standpoint. She's great at Defense and immobilizing large rooms, but not that effective at rushing content. It's not likely that her Ult will ever be buffed to anything useful from my standpoint.

Nekros is a work in progress. He's not 100% done yet and will probably receive a buff to at least Desecrate and hopefully a small one to Shadows of the Dead. He's more mobile (power wise) and solo-flexible than Nyx, but he's not as potent at high end CC. He's more about style than Nyx, and has a good variety of ability types, making him feel like a jack-of-all trades.

I wouldn't (and have not) potato Nekros until I see what buffs come his way. But that's because I prefer Nyx.

I have Nyx for a long time now, just got Nekros today. If I only had one potatoe I'd pick Nyx. Nekros is good but two of his skills feel like cheap rip-off of Chaos. Terrify makes enemies not attack you and flee from you. Shadows of the Dead fucntions similarly to Chaos (enemies and summoned units sort of attack one another) but only has a maximum of 9 units w/ focus. If you basically want better CC w/ less hassle go for Nyx. If you want flashy cool vibe pick Nekros. Both frames scale really good in higher level missions so I doubt you'll regret potatoe-ing one over the other anyways.

Well Nyx is by far the more powerfull. By powerfull i mean more usefull both to the team and to herself. Chaos alone dwarfs anything necros can bring to the battlefield. Unlimited army of minions destoying each other without the need to kill every single one of them first.

The thing is mostly the fun factor. You should know that at the current state Nyx arguably has only 2 powers - Mind control and Chaos. White Necros has 3 with the potential for 4 since Scott said in the livestream he was about to work on Desecrate to make it better.

So best thing you could do (assuming from your post you have both frames) is play them for a while and decide which one brings you more smiles. Whichever slaps the biggest smile on your face - we have a winner.

Edited by zombaio