Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plaguewalkers (IC)

(PSN)Razor9045

The boys were taking a while. She thought it was best if they ate together, so Nana left the food where it was and headed down the hallway. The facility was likely designed for men in mind - the ladies' bathroom was probably in the medical facility. She borrowed a gown and fresh undergarments from a closet, then slipped into the showers and proceeded to scrub and rinse the filth off her skin. The antibacterial soap stung her nose, but she was too grateful for hot, running water to mind at this point. Oh, to be clean again...

Her dirty yellow hair took several minutes to rinse through, but looked no different than it was before they touched water. It seemed as though years of orphanage grime and drywall dust had dyed her hair for the worse, but there wasn't much to do about that. Now smelling faintly of disinfectant, she stepped out of the cubicles in a set of light pink scrubs and sandals, and ventured down the hallway in search of the laundry bay. Hopefully there was detergent too.

Edited by Arunafeltz

21 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

The boys were taking a while. She thought it was best if they ate together, so Nana left the food where it was and headed down the hallway. The facility was likely designed for men in mind - the ladies' bathroom was probably in the medical facility. She borrowed a gown and fresh undergarments from a closet, then slipped into the showers and proceeded to scrub and rinse the filth off her skin. The antibacterial soap stung her nose, but she was too grateful for hot, running water to mind at this point. Oh, to be clean again...

Her dirty yellow hair took several minutes to rinse through, but looked no different than it was before they touched water. It seemed as though years of orphanage grime and drywall dust had dyed her hair for the worse, but there wasn't much to do about that. Now smelling faintly of disinfectant, she stepped out of the cubicles in a set of light pink scrubs and sandals, and ventured down the hallway in search of the laundry bay. Hopefully there was detergent too.

Zachary walked out of the ER room and noticed Nana in her new garb.  "Hey hey, lookin' good!  Hey, uh, is the pizza ready yet?"

49 minutes ago, Gamer4Christ said:

Zachary walked out of the ER room and noticed Nana in her new garb.  "Hey hey, lookin' good!  Hey, uh, is the pizza ready yet?"

"Should be done by now. It's sitting in the oven." she replied. "Hope you like bell peppers."

The trench coated man wasn't with him. Did he perhaps go for a shower too? Zachary himself looked like he could use one, after all the running around today.

"If you see that fellow around, tell him that food's ready will you? I've got to get these washed, you should probably get yourself cleaned up too."

With those words, she stepped past him and into the medical bay's laundry closet, which thankfully was fully topped over with antibacterial detergent. 

7 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

"Should be done by now. It's sitting in the oven." she replied. "Hope you like bell peppers."

The trench coated man wasn't with him. Did he perhaps go for a shower too? Zachary himself looked like he could use one, after all the running around today.

"If you see that fellow around, tell him that food's ready will you? I've got to get these washed, you should probably get yourself cleaned up too."

With those words, she stepped past him and into the medical bay's laundry closet, which thankfully was fully topped over with antibacterial detergent. 

Joshua woke up suddenly, nearly jumping out of his seat. His heart thumped as he tried to calm down. The dream he saw in his sleep was horrifying. The temptation to take the offer terrified him... 

(Well, time to get up,) Joshua thought to himself. For some reason, he found himself in the ER. He struggled to rise from his seat, feeling the great pain in his back. (Well, that’s new. I don’t remember that,) he pondered.

With great effort, he stood up. Maybe overexerting himself was a bad idea. 

(Gosh, I need new clothes,) thought Joshua, (maybe Zachary as any?)

he walked out into the hall, calling out to Zachary. 

“Hey Zachary, by any chance do you have any spare clothes?”

Spoiler
On 2019-08-18 at 12:24 PM, Arunafeltz said:

"Oh yeah, LOVE 'em," he said with a smile.

"Yeah, sure thing," he said before she walked past him.

Spoiler
18 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

Joshua woke up suddenly, nearly jumping out of his seat. His heart thumped as he tried to calm down. The dream he saw in his sleep was horrifying. The temptation to take the offer terrified him... 

(Well, time to get up,) Joshua thought to himself. For some reason, he found himself in the ER. He struggled to rise from his seat, feeling the great pain in his back. (Well, that’s new. I don’t remember that,) he pondered.

With great effort, he stood up. Maybe overexerting himself was a bad idea. 

(Gosh, I need new clothes,) thought Joshua, (maybe Zachary as any?)

he walked out into the hall, calling out to Zachary. 

“Hey Zachary, by any chance do you have any spare clothes?”

*Zachary runs over to him*  "Oh thank God!  Are you feeling alright?  You started getting infected again!  Glad I caught it just before it could do it's worst."

He paused for a moment, wondering why Josh would be worrying about something so minuscule when he'd nearly been taken over by the Technocyte.

"Clothes?  Uh, yeah, we got some uniforms in different sizes you could try on.  There should be some in the bunk rooms.  Oh, by the way, dinner's ready!  We got pizza and other stuff goin'," he says, just before noticing Josh's physical state. 

"Hey, need me to help you over there?"

Edited by Gamer4Christ

“I’m alright,” said Joshua, “don’t worry about me.”

Joshua strode towards the bunk room hall. He needed clothes, his current garments would only hinder him. He stumbled, but righted himself.

For a second, Joshua felt something grow in his back. That worries him. He needed to keep an eye on himself. Who knows what this thing inside him could do?

Best to keep that out of mind for now.

”Have you checked on the lady?” asked Joshua, “I haven’t seen her in a while.”

3 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

“I’m alright,” said Joshua, “don’t worry about me.”

Joshua strode towards the bunk room hall. He needed clothes, his current garments would only hinder him. He stumbled, but righted himself.

For a second, Joshua felt something grow in his back. That worries him. He needed to keep an eye on himself. Who knows what this thing inside him could do?

Best to keep that out of mind for now.

”Have you checked on the lady?” asked Joshua, “I haven’t seen her in a while.”

"We've been getting dinner ready.  She's fine.  It's YOU I'm concerned about.."  *Zachary notices the growth on Josh's back*  "We better keep an eye on that, man.  Hopefully it becomes something obsolete like these," he says as he gestures to his arm growths.

“Don’t worry, let’s just go and eat before the food grows cold,” Joshua responded.

Suddenly, a thought came to his mind. Since there were so many damages to the base, wouldn’t they need to fund some supplies soon?

”Hey, Zachary! How are we doing on supplies?”

18 hours ago, (PS4)Razor9045 said:

“Don’t worry, let’s just go and eat before the food grows cold,” Joshua responded.

Suddenly, a thought came to his mind. Since there were so many damages to the base, wouldn’t they need to fund some supplies soon?

”Hey, Zachary! How are we doing on supplies?”

"Huh.  Good question.  I'll check up on them in a few.  For now, I'M STARVING!" he says with a laugh as he ran back to the dining room.

"Make sure you wash your hands before eating." said Nana by way of greeting as they approached. Having been tending to the chowder to stop it from curdling the past few minutes, she set everything out onto trays and laid the food out on the table. Steak on pizza and cream chowder probably wasn't the most likely of combinations one might be used to, but it was hearty enough. Having had her fill from the aromas during her time in the kitchen, she contented herself with just a single slice and a small serving of the starchy greasy soup.

8 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

"Make sure you wash your hands before eating." said Nana by way of greeting as they approached. Having been tending to the chowder to stop it from curdling the past few minutes, she set everything out onto trays and laid the food out on the table. Steak on pizza and cream chowder probably wasn't the most likely of combinations one might be used to, but it was hearty enough. Having had her fill from the aromas during her time in the kitchen, she contented herself with just a single slice and a small serving of the starchy greasy soup.

"Oh ho HO, now we're talkin'!" said Zachary as he went over to the kitchen sink to wash his hands.  He grabbed two slices to start and a fairly sized bowl and sat down.

Just a few bites in and he was already in love.  "Thith ith fantathtic!" he said as he finally swallowed his mouthful of food.  "Where'd you learn to cook like that?"

"Cooking for a house of little runts who spend too much time jumping on beds and crawling through ditches, then for a bunch of bigger boys who lift girders and pour concrete all day." Nana replied. "Well, that's for the chowder. Pizza's a luxury for most of us, but thankfully it's not too difficult to put together."

Those words made her think of the orphanage again. Were the kids safe? Maman Amelie and the sisters? She didn't want to think about it. The boys who remained with her at the construction site were gone, but perhaps those who had left earlier might have made it to their families. But she had no way of knowing, and no way of doing anything.

12 hours ago, Arunafeltz said:

"Cooking for a house of little runts who spend too much time jumping on beds and crawling through ditches, then for a bunch of bigger boys who lift girders and pour concrete all day." Nana replied. "Well, that's for the chowder. Pizza's a luxury for most of us, but thankfully it's not too difficult to put together."

Those words made her think of the orphanage again. Were the kids safe? Maman Amelie and the sisters? She didn't want to think about it. The boys who remained with her at the construction site were gone, but perhaps those who had left earlier might have made it to their families. But she had no way of knowing, and no way of doing anything.

Zachary chuckled.  "A mom, eh?  How many kids?"

• 1 month later...

Zachary seemingly looks blank for a while, then blinks rapidly and shakes his head, as if dazed. 

It was a strange... trance?  Vision?  Didn't matter.  All he knew was he seemingly woke up from another reality in the far-off future where he had been working with a team of possible friends, including one named Naradin.  He was really starting to like him, and was hoping they could be buddies, but in the blink of an eye... it all vanished.  It had been nothing but a dream.

*He tries to pull himself together at the dinner table*  "Woah, that was, uh... never mind.  Anywho... what were we talking about again?"