Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gamebreaking damage bug

maqi98

Greetings,

So i mostly play eidolons in my free time, and i'm used to all different kind of bugs and inconsistencies, but this one in particular is the one i stress about a lot, and makes me not wanna finish the night at all and just rage quit.

I mostly dps as a volt, and i spent a lot of time and resources min-maxing everything to the point where I wanted it to be, I know exact numbers of my damage and where it should be at. So u can imagine my frustration when i find 3 other people and get ready for a 50min hunt and the very first time i shoot i see that my damage is almost two times less than it should be ( this is gonna persist until the end of the hunt/night ).

So yes, to explain it a bit better, this bug is regarding the damage I deal, being inconsistent and lower in random hunts, while other times its fine ( there are no indications when this is going to happen, it just randomly does ). I'm going to use eidolons as an example as its pretty much the only thing where min maxing actually maters, i wouldn't care if i dealt a bit less damage to some random grineer or something 😄 But even tho my case its revolving around eidolons, this bug might have something to do with some of the core mechanics and calculations of the game, and therefor affecting other stuff as well. I should also add that when this bug happens, the damage isn't always decreased by the same amount.

To help you further break this down, I always shoot under the exact same conditions:

• Same Rubico build every single time
  • Always 3 Corrosive Projections with 2 Coaction Drifts in my squad
  • Always Dead Eye aura on me
  • Always shoot through the same amount of shields
  • Always shooting with a covenant buff
  • Always shooting with the same combo multiplier
  • Always double zoomed
  • Always using Maxed Vigorous Swap

Without the bug:

Spoiler

d1efa1ca8dd3b887e7d100292fe83ecb.jpg

With the bug:

Spoiler

7c809555400cb0b9cb7d79d69c6f11d6.jpg

Both images are on Gantalyst shooting in the exact same conditions, but in 2 different hunts. Focus on the orange crit because thats the one we care about, but the red one is also decreased as u can see.

My best guess is that this has something to do with Corrosive Projections sometimes not affecting targets properly. Which would make this even more important because its one of the most used and useful auras in the entire game. But its just a shot in the dark.

I would really like to see this get fixed. If u need any further information i would be happy to help.

Some parts of the eidolon seem to have 0.5x multipliers which can be seen when shraksun multihits inside a limb. I'll try and find screenshots. Also I wouldn't trust damage numbers when not hosting. I've seen damage bleed from one number into another

See here normal projectile damage is 201 which is fine. ((3000-300/1.33)*0.1+300/1.33)*0.4 =201. But sometimes it becomes 141 when the damage is halved ((1500-300/1.33)*0.1+300/1.33)*0.4 =141

yVXzBmQ.png

Idk if this is related though

Edited by Orokin

I appreciate the replies guys, but if i wasn't clear enough i was talking about weapon damage, not amp damage. ( I know amp damage can be inconsistent and bugged too, but u can still effectively one shot, so it doesn't really matter )

On 2019-06-06 at 10:12 PM, maqi98 said:

I appreciate the replies guys, but if i wasn't clear enough i was talking about weapon damage, not amp damage. ( I know amp damage can be inconsistent and bugged too, but u can still effectively one shot, so it doesn't really matter )

Cant you just answer? Was it that hard?  

I asked because there is a reason. This issue can be somehow linked to Lega prism doing less (halved) damage to Eidolon when it walks in the Water.  Maybe that bug Spreads from Prism somehow.

Edited by Kainosh

• 1 month later...

I need to bump this. I had it happened again, and this time it was more severe than ever.

At this point in almost convinced that it has something to do with Corrosive Projections And/or Coaction Drifts not being applied from some player, for whatever reason. A guy ( with corrosive projection ) got host migration, or left, or whatever in the middle of the hunt, and the damage stayed the same ( still low ). Considering how much armor eidolons have this is not even close to possible.

This is not a minor bug, it cuts the damage in half or more, so it would be nice if someone could look into it.

Edited by maqi98