Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Stealth Quest Concept

CoolYoshi97

In Warframe, stealth is pretty much only used for extra affinity at high level, for specific missions, or to speed run levels for completion/relics. I feel sad that the stealth aspect of this Space Ninja game is not used very much.

I feel like there should be some sort of additional mission type with stealth as the main idea, even more so than spy missions. In spy missions, it’s go invisible for the entire mission as Loki/Ivara/Wisp and then do some small stealth puzzle and leave. 

If there were some longer more drawn out stealth mission that was available to the Red Veil, that would be cool, especially considering the nature of the syndicate. Although they participated somewhat with the Chains of Harrow quest, I think they need a dedicated stealth quest or mission type. It would be really fun to actually have a use for our Covert Lethalities besides running up and Radial Blinding that one heavy gunner.

Overall people are starting to treat this as a horde shooter and not a ninja simulator, and I find that disappointing. Although people can all enjoy this game for what it is, I feel like the stealth gameplay should have a dedicated mode/quest for those people who enjoy it.

Quest Idea 

A stealth based quest could have a new tileset with patrolling enemies, but here’s the catch: the enemies would be level 999. This would prevent people from just straight up killing them, but would allow the use of Covert Lethality to take each one out. I feel like the ability to backstab guards would seriously improve stealth gameplay. The tiles in general would probably feel more like some sort of an extended spy mission, but more relaxed. The primary objective would to reach a certain point (similar to spy) and do something. (Leaving this up to you for story purposes) 

I feel like this would really round out the game and add some fun new content. This would also force people to abandon their perfectly modded shotguns and use their skill to play.

TLDR: Stealth should be used more than an affinity booster and a speedrun strategy.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CoolYoshi97 said:

In Warframe, stealth is pretty much only used for extra affinity at high level, for specific missions, or to speed run levels for completion/relics. I feel sad that the stealth aspect of this Space Ninja game is not used very much.

I feel like there should be some sort of additional mission type with stealth as the main idea, even more so than spy missions. In spy missions, it’s go invisible for the entire mission as Loki/Ivara/Wisp and then do some small stealth puzzle and leave. 

If there were some longer more drawn out stealth mission that was available to the Red Veil, that would be cool, especially considering the nature of the syndicate. Although they participated somewhat with the Chains of Harrow quest, I think they need a dedicated stealth quest or mission type. It would be really fun to actually have a use for our Covert Lethalities besides running up and Radial Blinding that one heavy gunner.

Overall people are starting to treat this as a horde shooter and not a ninja simulator, and I find that disappointing. Although people can all enjoy this game for what it is, I feel like the stealth gameplay should have a dedicated mode/quest for those people who enjoy it.

Quest Idea 

A stealth based quest could have a new tileset with patrolling enemies, but here’s the catch: the enemies would be level 999. This would prevent people from just straight up killing them, but would allow the use of Covert Lethality to take each one out. I feel like the ability to backstab guards would seriously improve stealth gameplay. The tiles in general would probably feel more like some sort of an extended spy mission, but more relaxed. The primary objective would to reach a certain point (similar to spy) and do something. (Leaving this up to you for story purposes) 

I feel like this would really round out the game and add some fun new content. This would also force people to abandon their perfectly modded shotguns and use their skill to play.

TLDR: Stealth should be used more than an affinity booster and a speedrun strategy.

I have no problems at all with this idea.  

I must say thought that there will need to be good rewards to hook players in or they will just ignore the mission altogether.  Then there is the issue that this idea is almost entirely setup for Ivara to rule in with almost no other frame to compete with except for maybe Ash.  

As an Ivara main, I myself would love to have this in the game. 😁 

edit: Maybe I should have said The Ivara Main.  Hehe

Edited by DatDarkOne

22 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

Maybe , it's just that stealth gameplay is not everyones' cup of tea .

Just like Archwing isn't .

Although that is true, I’m sad that such a major part of the game and concept of space ninjas in general is so overlooked.

2 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

I have no problems at all with this idea.  

I must say thought that there will need to be good rewards to hook players in or they will just ignore the mission altogether.  Then there is the issue that this idea is almost entirely setup for Ivara to rule in with almost no other frame to compete with except for maybe Ash.  

As an Ivara main, I myself would love to have this in the game. 😁 

If this was implemented, there could be a decreased amount of energy and change to Wisp during the mission. This way, you could still be invisible, but it wouldn’t be game breaking. 

Another idea is that it becomes partial invisibility, so you’re seen less, but still seen.

Edited by CoolYoshi97

11 minutes ago, CoolYoshi97 said:

Although that is true, I’m sad that such a major part of the game and concept of space ninjas in general is so overlooked.

This is only because there is currently NO incentive for players to play stealthy or use stealth tactics in the game.  Give players a reason to do something and they will do it.  

edit: I would do it anyway because I love this type of thing and playstyle.  

Edited by DatDarkOne

4 minutes ago, DatDarkOne said:

Then there is the issue that this idea is almost entirely setup for Ivara to rule in with almost no other frame to compete with except for maybe Ash. 

To me:

Finally, 800+ hours of stealth gameplay with anything for me will shine.

8 minutes ago, CoolYoshi97 said:

Just one correction here , it's a niche part .

I know i'm nitpicking but I believe we will agree on this ^^

2 minutes ago, Spectre-8 said:

Just one correction here , it's a niche part .

I know i'm nitpicking but I believe we will agree on this ^^

It's not niche.  It's just ignored by the masses because they have no reason to bother.  There's a difference.  😁 

Edit:  Like I said earlier, just give some incentive for stealth and players will do it.  It could be anything like bonus affinity or drops for not being detected, etc. 

Edited by DatDarkOne

Just now, DatDarkOne said:

It's not niche.  It's just ignored by the masses because they have no reason to bother.  There's a difference.  😁 

Exactly why we need an end game stealth mission, similar to how Arbis are end game everything else missions.

3 minutes ago, CoolYoshi97 said:

Exactly why we need an end game stealth mission, similar to how Arbis are end game everything else missions.

Put something like a random arcane awarded upon successful completion without being detected and I can almost guarantee it will be played often.  😁 

Just now, CoolYoshi97 said:

New concept that just occurred to me: Arbi Spy: Data deleted immediately. Please put in a big quest though because that would be more fun and have more possibilities.

LOL.  There would be some serious salt in the forums about that, but I love it.  

correction: there are also ash, octavia and wukong to play stealth, wisp is not that stealthy (need to be in air) and we got silencer mods for primary and secondary weapons which I use with Ivara already 😛

I agree to have something else other than normal spy missions as I can do those mission with any frame at any difficulty after thousands of hacking now 😄 I would love to see challenging stealth missions

• Like 1