Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe's Past and Present

Gekctek

I have been playing Warframe for a few months now but haven't been very social. I was wondering how Warframe has changed over all these years and what veterans think are some high and low points of its history. I have been hearing a lot from streamers about the lack of end game content/burnout. Why now? Has there been content before that addressed this issue that no longer applies? I always hear the mention of raids and how they were in the game, now aren't, but may be again soon? Just curious on everyones thoughts.

6 minutes ago, Gekctek said:

I have been playing Warframe for a few months now but haven't been very social. I was wondering how Warframe has changed over all these years and what veterans think are some high and low points of its history. I have been hearing a lot from streamers about the lack of end game content/burnout. Why now? Has there been content before that addressed this issue that no longer applies? I always hear the mention of raids and how they were in the game, now aren't, but may be again soon? Just curious on everyones thoughts.

There used to be almost monthly events, and lots of quests and all that stuff, but over the past few years, they've been very slow to put things out. In 2018, there was only one event. The time between big updates has grown more and more. Burnout is from having nothing to do because of the lack of new content/substantial rewards. Raids were 8 player missions that were basically the endgame back then, but they were removed and replaced with eidolons, which haven't really fixed that itch people have. Arbitrations were supposed to be the new endgame, but there are no rewards you get from it that make it worth the time.

It used to be good before it was turned into a power fantasy horde shooter. I guess it was necessary if DE wanted to keep making money though. Understandable. Regardless of how fun I find the game personally I still intend to follow its progress. DE is unique both in the amount of control they have over the game and how much of that control they are willing to use. I am always excited to see where DE will take the game next. Railjack is something I am eagerly looking forward to.

Edited by Legion-Shields

Ha e you just started the game? 

Ignore the end gamers you will not have any issues for quite a long time. 

Have you been here for a few years?

You will not have much to do as you will already have everything and nothing interesting happens outside of New mainline that get power kicked due to all our overpowered gear, gear we made cause we didn't have much else to do. You either have content that is too easy or content that is gated behind some sort of time gate (rep, rarity, resources). There is little replay ability outside of grinding for the sake of it. 

Game became less grindy than half decade ago, game is became casual with everything being one-shotted up to 100+ lvl, nuke frames are a thing which make game boring, there's more standing gathering for so many groups that is exhausting, would like the caps to be removed so can just burst thro all those thousads in few days max. They added overpowered operators with their focus tree, zenurik tree basicaly removes any need for efficiency mods on warframes and energy siphon aura. Free ressurections for everyone in a co-op game so basicaly everyone is playing single player at this point. Basicaly the game got 2x more content for 2x less fun, unless enjoying arpg games where deleting hunderets of bland enemies in few seconds is thy thing.

Best played with friends or solo, with randoms it just gonna be a boring experience of grinding for the sake of it and all enemies being powerless or at most, very annoying with CC or ability canceling.

I tried WF back in its early days (some time late 2013/early 2014, cant remember the exact update number) and it was pretty bad back then, I didn't play for more than a few hours.