The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(Insert Name Here) Infested Shotgun Idea

GeoffFromAccounting

hello there, if you're reading this you A) clicked on the link or B) are a robot, and mindlessly clicked the link and I'm hoping it's A, but if it's a robot hello aswell

Anyway, the idea I was thinking of while I was playing and a little bit afterwards, then the next day I was brushing my teeth (I think of game ideas at the most random times) was an Infested Shotgun, most likely for Dojo research but perhaps for the market aswell

(insert name here) would fire rounds of extremely sharp crystals that at first do no damage and stagger the target, then a second later they would explode (with the same particle effects as the Embolist) and deal toxic damage (not too sure about this part, just gimme feedback and I'll change accordingly) similar to the Mire. Why not make it do instant damage? Well, first all guns do this (and for projectile weapons as soon as the projectile hits something) and I wanted something different. Second it'll make people think "Am I going to need to use more than one round or more?" Because right now it's shoot it until it dies with the exception of a couple bosses (Vor, Kril, New Golem etc.) and I wanted something that will make you think more

Stats:

I actually haven't thought this far yet, but we'll see how I go

Damage: ~140, tell me if you want this to change

Accuracy: I have no idea how these numbers work, they're really screwed up

Fire rate: ~1.7 (again, tell me if this should change, I didn't think this far and I thought of these on the day of posting)

Critical: I would have no idea if this can crit due to the detonation system

Magazine: 5-7, I was going for an odd amount just to change it up a bit

Reload: 2.5

Trigger: Semi

Appearance:

the front would look almost like a mushroom, but with crystal shards sticking out of it which disappear when shot then pop back out when it's ready to fire, the middle would look like a piece of a skeleton (left or right side of a ribcage) with infestation growing all over it and the stock... something, let me think some more XD

so, tell me what you think and I'll change accordingly... just don't send pure rage at me, no one wants that

-Ninja

Edited by Ninjaboy00

Interesting. I like the idea, but it would need area of effect blast damage to really feel viable. I hate to compare this to a game of less than epic proportions in my opinion, but like the original needler in Halo. That was a fun weapon. I think this would be a cool weapon to have implemented. I can see it now....BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM, moment later sequential explosions rock the enemy into ragdoll. That would be intensely satisfying.

Interesting. I like the idea, but it would need area of effect blast damage to really feel viable. I hate to compare this to a game of less than epic proportions in my opinion, but like the original needler in Halo. That was a fun weapon. I think this would be a cool weapon to have implemented. I can see it now....BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM, moment later sequential explosions rock the enemy into ragdoll. That would be intensely satisfying.

my main inspiration for this was the Needler, and one of the shotguns from the Ratchet and Clank series (think it's the Nitro Reaper in ToD)

Also, on a non-related note, this is starting to get off topic with the couple posts above isn't it?

Edited by Ninjaboy00

I wanted something different.

If you want something different and it has to be of infested origins, recall the nauseous crawlers.. It does not have to be a shotgun at all, if you know what I  mean :B. It could be used to create hazardous areas with various effects to them.

Edited by Bouldershoulder

If you want something different and it has to be of infested origins, recall the nauseous crawlers.. It does not have to be a shotgun at all, if you know what I  mean :B. It could be used to create hazardous areas with various effects to them.

we only have four shotguns (I'm excluding the Wraith here) and there's a ton of rifles, so yeah. But thanks for the feedback, I don't know if that could fit in here (maybe if the projectile misses and explodes?) but if I make another suggestion I will keep that in mind

hello there, if you're reading this you A) clicked on the link or B) are a robot, and mindlessly clicked the link and I'm hoping it's A, but if it's a robot hello aswell

Anyway, the idea I was thinking of while I was playing and a little bit afterwards, then the next day I was brushing my teeth (I think of game ideas at the most random times) was an Infested Shotgun, most likely for Dojo research but perhaps for the market aswell

(insert name here) would fire rounds of extremely sharp crystals that at first do no damage and stagger the target, then a second later they would explode (with the same particle effects as the Embolist) and deal toxic damage (not too sure about this part, just gimme feedback and I'll change accordingly) similar to the Mire. Why not make it do instant damage? Well, first all guns do this (and for projectile weapons as soon as the projectile hits something) and I wanted something different. Second it'll make people think "Am I going to need to use more than one round or more?" Because right now it's shoot it until it dies with the exception of a couple bosses (Vor, Kril, New Golem etc.) and I wanted something that will make you think more

Stats:

I actually haven't thought this far yet, but we'll see how I go

Damage: ~140, tell me if you want this to change

Accuracy: I have no idea how these numbers work, they're really screwed up

Fire rate: ~1.7 (again, tell me if this should change, I didn't think this far and I thought of these on the day of posting)

Critical: I would have no idea if this can crit due to the detonation system

Magazine: 5-7, I was going for an odd amount just to change it up a bit

Reload: 2.5

Trigger: Semi

Appearance:

the front would look almost like a mushroom, but with crystal shards sticking out of it which disappear when shot then pop back out when it's ready to fire, the middle would look like a piece of a skeleton (left or right side of a ribcage) with infestation growing all over it and the stock... something, let me think some more XD

so, tell me what you think and I'll change accordingly... just don't send pure rage at me, no one wants that

-Ninja

Teeth, not crystals. An infected weapon that fires teeth.

Or maybe it is the result of an infested Desert Skate, and the weapons it shoots are like the poison barbs that Desert Skates fire. 

Cool idea though.

Teeth, not crystals. An infected weapon that fires teeth.

Or maybe it is the result of an infested Desert Skate, and the weapons it shoots are like the poison barbs that Desert Skates fire. 

Cool idea though.

I'm not too sure how well teeth would work with the whole explosion thing, I was going more for explosive Rubedo,the barb thing works well though so I might do that but we already have the Acrid which shoots barbs/darts, so let me think about it and ill change it then, I will probably make it darts though