Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So Update 10 And Why I'm Playing Less Of Warframe

JC-Jalokim

This might be a slight rant, but recently I have no urge to return to warframe.

Usually I log in just to maintain my login reward and I log out. (which btw could have all the weapons and all blueprints as rewards, I have 10 gorgon blueprints and lots of stuff that I don't need, and I've been logging on 3-4months every single day)

Why?

Ever since 9.8 and 10.0 things have really gone downhill.

I haven't modded any of my weapons since update 9.8 with the change to mod cards. Yeah I know most of you love the fact that you can see all your mods in the menu and you switch around the cards as you wish. honestly that is bogus for me.

I had ideal loadouts created for each of my weapons and each of my frames, this involved a large amount of farming and modding to get everything just right. Now I can't mod because I keep getting idiotic warnings that if I upgrade this mod, some supra that I only used once will exceed its limit. There is no clear display of which mods are being used, and on which weapon. Not to mention the hours spent clicking through 100 pages of mods to find the one I'm looking for.

I was really pumped up to get necro, OK, so he's a bit hard to get awesome, but after I get nekro and ereything from the derelicts, the nav balls are useless.

and now update 10. Hardly anything works. I have to constantly alt+F4 the game, because the arsenal gets stuck, can't click anything, can't return, nothing. The foundry gets stuff, can't do anything, the foundry shows delayed elements. I bought a blueprint, hell, had to restart the game for it to appear in the foundry. No to mention that buying things in the market place gets stuck. Says "thanks for your purchase" but doesn't take my cash and doesn't add to foundry. And guess what you need to restart the game to get that fixed.

The arsenal UI looked awesome on the preview videos. In reality it sucks, It shouldnt be on hover. I want to change something on my frame, but no I hovered over dethcube and have to do the thing over again. Not to mention the "equip" "appearance" and "upgrade" buttons are tiny and often have to return because I clicked the wrong place. Or nothing happens when I click the option, and need to restart warframe again.

Modding? I got a kama, was so happy... leveled it to lvl4, wanted to give it a mod... added a mod, clicked accept, I returned to the arsenal screen, and my kama has no mods installed. i repeated this about 6 times. restarting warframe, didn't help. So I left it. my kama now at lvl10, still can't get any mods. so i went back to a loadout I had prior to 9.8 and thats what I use all the time.

Graphics bugs. I can't use torid, or any cool frames that do smoke effects, because the graphics are ruined. There is this psychodelic rainbow of artifact colors instead of the smoke effects. It doesn't only happen on my PC so its not a graphics card or driver related issue.

Sound. I can't change the volume. Currently have all 4 volume options on 0 and I still have the same volume in game, all the time. My buddies have to shout on TS for me to hear them.

Conclaves. Do they even work? or is it some really prealpha stuff?

I logged in to one, and was dead right way. got respawned chose a team and died, just like that. respawned chose a team, and managed to kill someone, and I magically dies, out of nothing. I respawned next to my enemy while choosing sides, and his sentinel killed me during the count down? WTF?

Survival, yay its back... but I prefered the closed space option where you just battered wave, after wave, after wave of meat. Now as soon as lotus says there is extraction all the n00b bloaks got o extraction and end the game. I'd prefer the fight till you run out scenario.

Do any of you also suffer the same problems as above?

Sorry for the rant, but for a game that sucked me in a couple months back, and i spent the last hours at work counting down till I got home to play WF, now, I hardly even want to assosiate with the game.

TLDR : The UI is too complicated, The new arsenal, foundry and market keep crashing, many, many bugs have appeared in places that worked perfectly, new mod system sucks, all in all a turn off to playing the game

Thanks

Orokin Derelicts are pretty useless once you get everything you want out of them, just like the void.

UI works really well for me, except for the freezes but that's obviously a bug and will be fixed soon. No missclicks and modding works fine.

Bugs are bugs and beta is beta. I don't think listing those is a valid argument to anything. My volume sliders work fine btw.

PvP has no place in this game, in my opinion.

I prefer the new survival maps.

So your rant is basically 'I'm not playing because a beta is buggy' on top of a couple opinions about the new UI options.

Instead of ranting perhaps offer suggestions like a pop-up option to remove the mod from the obstructing weapon when your ranking up a mod.

No matter how entitled you feel we're here to improve the product before the game is actually released.

I have to agree that the UI, while pretty, is less functional than the previous version.

1)  You can't mouse-over weapons to view their stats - you have to equipment them.

2)  You have layers of  UI to get through to do anything, and you automatically revert back to the main window after making any change, making necessary to rinse & repeat.

3)  THIS IS A BIG ONE:   You can have multiple frames equipped with mods concurrently now, and multiple weapons, and multiple sentinels.  Is this convenient........NOOOOOOOOOOOO.   It only seems convenient.  The problem is that if there is a conflict, you have to laboriously go back & unequip everything so that you can use what you want.  If you fusion a mod card that is equipped on multiple frames, it may take one or more frames over their number limit, so that becomes a pain in the butt as well.

Bottom line - pretty is good, but simple & easy to use is even better.

No, i get the point that its beta and some things might not work, but there is a lot wrong this update, and many decisions are pretty bad. Now i know they said this update would be controvertial, but if you make it unplayable and frustrating at every corner then you loose the urge to play the game.

Zylin, as a PC player i gotta wait, but you are somewhat right. I currently prefer to play other games in the hopes that DE fixes this up.