Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe ideas

(PSN)Thecdk8900

Hey there fellow Tenno.

So some frame ideas have been popping in my mind and I thought why not share and discuss some of these ideas and ofcourse if you have any ideas please share them! 

Apollo: A flight frame 

1st ability: Take off- Apollo launches himself in the air and remains in a hover state, bullet jump boosts Apollo forward whilst rolling performs an aerial dodge. Take off also does AOE blast damage drains per second 

2nd ability: Cluster bomb- Apollo shoots a cluster of grenades in a forward direction 

3rd ability: Homing beacon- Apollo deploys a beacon that detects nearby enemies if used with the 2nd or 4th ability then they will becoming homing missiles that track targets 

4th ability: Satellite link- Apollo calls down a satellite beam to destroy enemies if used with homing beacon the satellite will target up to 4 targets marked by the beacon. 

*RE-WORK* 

Thanks to some helpful feedback I have re-made the abilities to hopefully make him more unique. 

Passive: Bullet jumps activate a hover mode bullet jumping again will de activate hover (allowing for a double bullet jump)

1st Ability: Homing missile- Fires a single homing missile at 1 target if beacon is active will target multiple targets marked by the beacon.

2nd Ability: Satellite link- Apollo calls a singular destructive beam from the skies that will appear wherever you point if you have beacon active it will target multiple targets for less damage. If button is held beam will continue but continue to drain energy (Moves very slowly and unsure if this should be the 2nd or 3rd ability) 

3rd ability: Satelite beacon- Detects nearby enemies and marks them for other abilities

4th ability: Ride the sun- Apollo summons a giant missile which he rides like a K-Drive doing tricks will send waves of flames from the missile and crashing into enemies will do impact damage to get off the missile and send it flying forward you simply bullet jump off

Edited by (PS4)Thecdk8900
Re work

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Thecdk8900 said:

Apollo: A flight frame 

Your concept looks fairly similar to Zephyr. There are a few differences, but not enough to justify the frame.

1. First ability is fairly similar to Zephyr's.
  2. Second is essentially the same as Zephyr's.
  3. Third is different. 
  4. Fourth is also similar to Zephyr's. 

No passive though. So cannot compare. 

You can just use Zephyr (Prime). It will be basically the same.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, krc473 said:

Your concept looks fairly similar to Zephyr. There are a few differences, but not enough to justify the frame.

1. First ability is fairly similar to Zephyr's.
  2. Second is essentially the same as Zephyr's.
  3. Third is different. 
  4. Fourth is also similar to Zephyr's. 

No passive though. So cannot compare. 

You can just use Zephyr (Prime). It will be basically the same.

Hi KRC thanks for the feedback 🙂

While you have made valid points that make me re-think the frame I would argue, while he is similar, he plays differently 

1st ability initial take off could be seen as the same but what I feel makes him different is the hover function where Zephyr just kinda falls slowly. 

2nd ability okay I didn't actually notice the similarity until you pointed it out then I had to give myself a face palm but what I would say makes this different is the 3rd ability as if you have the beacon out they become homing missiles instead of a cluster grenade 

4th ability without the beacon active it's just one giant laser beam that doesn't move alot unlike Zephyrs tornados with beacon it'll be smaller beams but many targets 

The passive I did not think about XD 

But still I appreciate your feedback you have defiantly given me alot to think about.

15 hours ago, (PS4)Thecdk8900 said:

A flight frame 

This is something i desire too. I went back and checked out titania because shes able to fly but i hated the feel of it. It felt artifical or too robotic, and on top of that I was tiny which just made feel so much less intimidating. Recently though, i was using with the new zero gravity mod and flying felt great! I floating around looking at my teammates like "oh look at Me! Ha, bet you wish you could do this". But only last for a few seconds, still really cool!

15 hours ago, (PS4)Thecdk8900 said:

Apollo calls down a satellite beam to destroy enemies if used with homing beacon the satellite will target up to 4 targets marked by the beacon

Someone compared this to zephyr but i don't think it's a good enough comparison. Just because she can spawn 4 tornados in 4 locations makes her ability to simular to this 1? I 100% disagree

Might as well say harrows healing ability is too simular to trinity. I think it's okay for some warframes to have an ability or 2 thats simular to another warframe just as long as the comparison is under 30%. Like i should only be able to make like 1-3 comparisons and 4-7 contrast. If i can its different enough imo. Calling down 4 beams to deal a high amount of damage in a single location for a short amount of time only able to do 1 damage type is a Lot of differences. Make the warframe be able to call down 6 beams instead of four to land another difference tht isnt really necessary but you can if you want.

The 1st and 2nd ability are pretty sim to zeph, id love to see if you come up with something else or add more of a difference between the 2.

On 2019-06-15 at 7:12 AM, (PS4)Ghost--00-- said:

This is something i desire too. I went back and checked out titania because shes able to fly but i hated the feel of it. It felt artifical or too robotic, and on top of that I was tiny which just made feel so much less intimidating. Recently though, i was using with the new zero gravity mod and flying felt great! I floating around looking at my teammates like "oh look at Me! Ha, bet you wish you could do this". But only last for a few seconds, still really cool!

Someone compared this to zephyr but i don't think it's a good enough comparison. Just because she can spawn 4 tornados in 4 locations makes her ability to simular to this 1? I 100% disagree

Might as well say harrows healing ability is too simular to trinity. I think it's okay for some warframes to have an ability or 2 thats simular to another warframe just as long as the comparison is under 30%. Like i should only be able to make like 1-3 comparisons and 4-7 contrast. If i can its different enough imo. Calling down 4 beams to deal a high amount of damage in a single location for a short amount of time only able to do 1 damage type is a Lot of differences. Make the warframe be able to call down 6 beams instead of four to land another difference tht isnt really necessary but you can if you want.

The 1st and 2nd ability are pretty sim to zeph, id love to see if you come up with something else or add more of a difference between the 2.

Hey there Tenno thank you for your feedback  🙂

That is why I thought of this frame because I feel like there is still a sweet middle that the current flight frames are missing and the open world's are so much more fun with a frame with some traveling ability. That said I've come up with a re work that will hopefully make him less Zephyr like.(Still in the thought process tho)

Passive: Bullet jumps activate a hover mode bullet jumping again will de activate hover (allowing for a double bullet jump)

1st Ability: Homing missile- Fires a single homing missile at 1 target if beacon is active will target multiple targets marked by the beacon.

2nd Ability: Satellite link- Apollo calls a singular destructive beam from the skies that will appear wherever you point if you have beacon active it will target multiple targets for less damage. If button is held beam will continue but continue to drain energy (Don't know if this should be second or third)

3rd ability: Satelite beacon- Detects nearby enemies and marks them for other abilities

4th ability: Ride the sun- Apollo summons a giant missile which he rides like a K-Drive doing tricks will send waves of flames from the missile and crashing into enemies will do impact damage to get off the missile and send it flying forward you simply bullet jump off