Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe keeps crashing

Hyperman63664

Ever since the recent update Warframe has been crashing my pc. I was able to play the game before at full graphics no problem but now if I'm in the game for more than 1 min. it crashes my pc. I know it isn't a stability issue the overclocking of my CPU, I have run cinebench multiple times and had no issues, and the GPU overclock doesn't cause it either, i have tested that with 3dMark. I know all of my drivers are up to date.

My specs are:

Processor: AMD Athlon 200GE with Radeon Vega Graphics (2 Cores, 4 Threads) 3.85GHz
Memory: 16GB RAM

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870GHz Edition (GPU clock: 1100MHz, Memory Clock: 1300MHz)

I'm just curious, but what do you mean by crashing your PC? I only ask because my PC has restarted twice this week, seemingly for no reason. I was playing Warframe on both occasions. To be clear, I'm not getting a BSOD (so as you say, it doesn't appear to be a driver issue), the PC just restarts mid mission.

I did contemplate if it was an update to the game, but I didn't really know if it was possible for software to reboot a PC.

Edit:

CPU: AMD 8320 (stockclocked)

GPU: GTX 960 4GB

Old hardware, but it does the job :satisfied:

Edited by Misangelic

15 hours ago, Misangelic said:

I did contemplate if it was an update to the game, but I didn't really know if it was possible for software to reboot a PC.

A PC just auto restarting for no apparent reason usually signifies a hardware problem.

1 hour ago, z3roblade said:

A PC just auto restarting for no apparent reason usually signifies a hardware problem.

I agree, but I tested the game on all 4 PC's I have in the house, same issue on every single one. All with different GPU's, all with different CPU's; so no it looks like a software problem.

2 minutes ago, LadyHarper said:

I agree, but I tested the game on all 4 PC's I have in the house, same issue on every single one. All with different GPU's, all with different CPU's; so no it looks like a software problem.

That's weird. Did you check for overheating or power problems?

Also, do you use Windows 10?

Edited by z3roblade

2 minutes ago, z3roblade said:

That's weird. Did you check for overheating or power problems?

Also, do you use Windows 10?

Yup, and yup.

Hottest system peaked at 75C.

And all of them are running Win10 with the latest updates; I even tried rolling back the Win update on both the weakest and best systems to see if it made any difference...nope.

Just now, LadyHarper said:

Yup, and yup.

Hottest system peaked at 75C.

And all of them are running Win10 with the latest updates; I even tried rolling back the Win update on both the weakest and best systems to see if it made any difference...nope.

I think it might be a windows 10 problem than. I've been seeing a lot of people running that os having the same problem.

3 minutes ago, z3roblade said:

I think it might be a windows 10 problem than. I've been seeing a lot of people running that os having the same problem.

It may be, but that makes it a DE problem, and it'd be nice if they got off the stick, or even acknowledged there's an issue. Pretty pissed, I'm missing my favourite event and I'm playing Destiny 2 instead...#*!%ING DESTINY 2!!!

10 minutes ago, LadyHarper said:

It may be, but that makes it a DE problem, and it'd be nice if they got off the stick, or even acknowledged there's an issue. Pretty pissed, I'm missing my favourite event and I'm playing Destiny 2 instead...#*!%ING DESTINY 2!!!

I feel ya. The amount of support tickets I've sent during my playtime is ludicrous, but sadly the effect is 0%.

Constantly crashing when I do anything Nightwave related. Not so much a full system restart or crash as Spotify is still playing away and doesn't skip a beat but screen goes blank then comes back up as if nothing had happened. Noticed that in event log at the time of game crash there is a report for RADAR_PRE_LEAK_64 and the P1: signature is Warframe.x64.exe so I'm going to go out on a limb and say Warframe is having some issues.

Specs are Win10 Pro, AMD FX-8350 @4.01 GHz (Farcry doesn't like overclocking, 32GB RAM, 480GB SSD (Windows install), 2TB HDD (install location), Asus ROG STRIX Rx480 8GB.

Tried on my wife's Win7 Pro PC with nearly same specs (16Gb RAM and Nvidia GTX750) and it also gets same issue.

Well, I did notice in the notes for the hotfix today that there's this:

Changes:

• Made micro-optimizations to dozens of UI scripts.
  • Made micro-optimization when handling loot that falls into teleport pits.
  • Improved handling of corrupt cache and malfunctioning graphics drivers.
  • Improved error handling for failures to teleport people out of pits.
  • Improved handling of corrupt download caches.
  • Improved handling of crashing graphics drivers.
  • Refactored runaway loop detection for improved performance.

Have any of the fixes to drivers/caches fixed the issue for anyone on this thread? I'm guessing that if Hosanin's post above is anything to go off, the answer is probably no, but it's worth asking.

Yea I got my hopes up after seeing those lines in the patch notes, but it's not any better for me. Just uninstalled drivers, ran a driver cleaner and installed latest ones for the 2nd time and verified my cache again. Still crashing. Think I'll just put down WF for a bit and hope this is fixed by the time new war comes out.