Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Suggestion]Octavia changing songs mid-mission

RussianBFighter

I love playing Octavia, I love creating and recreating various tracks with the mendachord, even though its options are very limited. But i really hate that you have to listen to the same 8 second loop, no matter how catchy it is, through the whole mission. I feel like having an option to change playing tracks mid-mission wouldn't affect Octavias strength as a frame at all, and would enchance gameplay experience quite a lot. My vision of this option is as follows: having her Mallet (1st ability) key held opens a menu of all saved tracks in which the player chooses one, presses "load" and the track instantly changes. I don't know how hard would implementing this be, but i am sure that in the end it will definitely be worth it.

I think it would just be better if the length of the song could be extended; it's headache and insanity inducing to listen to the same loop for any amount of time. If we could create full length songs (~3-5 minute loops) we would have the ability to add more variety and depth to what we're going to be listening to for the duration of the mission.

Additionally, the concept of her song being min-maxed by spamming notes should be removed. The triggers from all of her abilities should be generalized for every song. 

8 minutes ago, TehGrief said:

I think it would just be better if the length of the song could be extended; it's headache and insanity inducing to listen to the same loop for any amount of time. If we could create full length songs (~3-5 minute loops) we would have the ability to add more variety and depth to what we're going to be listening to for the duration of the mission.

Additionally, the concept of her song being min-maxed by spamming notes should be removed. The triggers from all of her abilities should be generalized for every song. 

You see, while mendachord can be improved vastly in theory, it isn't very practical. Changing existing and working mechanics that much isn't worth the effort. I of course hope that eventually mendachord will be changed, but for now i ask for one simple (or at least i think it is simple) feature that would open a lot of possibilities.