Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About "endgame" Wisp

Ikyr0

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Main Quest. You need to carry him all the way through to Chimera (ofc he gotta do the solo stuff alone).

Ofc if you have excessive plat and that person is actually like your girlfriend/boyfriend/younger sibling then I don't see why not.

isnt chimera one of the last quests? which means id have to basically carry him through most content?

he is like not so much into the game yet so i dont think  want to do that. i still want him to learn th game. 

however i myself bought my first frame [octavia] cus im a musician and killing with music seemed awesome (i later learned that she is kind of op lol)

i honestly would not have played the game if i didn't buy her. so im a bit impartial to buying him this frame. for that reason 😛 

*edit * check the edit*

Edited by Makunogo

Just now, Makunogo said:

isnt chimera one of the last quests? which means id have to basically carry him through most content?

Eh, the Warframe Main Quest is much shorter than you think it is.

I really wouldn't suggest purchasing a frame for anyone else using plat unless you really want to do it. If you really want to do it, you wouldn't need to ask on the forum - you would have done it already. So long as you have doubts, basically, don't buy it. Who knows, your friend may end up selling the Wisp on reaching level 30.

6 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

Eh, the Warframe Main Quest is much shorter than you think it is.

I really wouldn't suggest purchasing a frame for anyone else using plat unless you really want to do it. If you really want to do it, you wouldn't need to ask on the forum - you would have done it already. So long as you have doubts, basically, don't buy it. Who knows, your friend may end up selling the Wisp on reaching level 30.

yes but it is not exactly one of the first ones right? 

no i'm asking if the frame is decent enough for me to buy her. this thread is about endgame viability and if she isn't endgame viable. than that is a lot less incentive to do this. otherwise i would just be like. try the other ones out and when u ready ill take u to this fight,

its basically an investment/incentive. lol. 

i'm only buying him one frame. and since this is the one he seems to like. i wanted to first make sure its a decent choice. and this thread is along the lines of viability

Edited by Makunogo

8 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

i'm only buying him one frame. and since this is the one he seems to like. i wanted to first make sure its a decent choice. and this thread is along the lines of viability

Wisp is very useful for basically any content, because she can do the bare minimum at least in any role.

So yes, she is pretty much viable for what you are talking about. Wisp is a decent pick for most comps (although there are actually better choices).

1 minute ago, Datam4ss said:

Wisp is very useful for basically any content, because she can do the bare minimum at least in any role.

So yes, she is pretty much viable for what you are talking about. Wisp is a decent pick for most comps (although there are actually better choices).

hmm yes. great. i just needed some affirmation since i dont have her myself yet. thanks. i will get it for him. and yea hes my bf lol.

1 hour ago, Makunogo said:

You can do this in 2 Days.... 

Going from the 2Nd Dream to The Sacrifice really doesn't take that long.... my clan mate did it in one day.... I did it in 3 (because I had other stuff to do)....

So.... if you have the time you can get it done...

No Rush though...

11 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

You can do this in 2 Days.... 

Going from the 2Nd Dream to The Sacrifice really doesn't take that long.... my clan mate did it in one day.... I did it in 3 (because I had other stuff to do)....

So.... if you have the time you can get it done...

No Rush though...

um.. this is a new player im buying it for.... and im pretty sure second dream is not the first quest.. lol

iirc there is some MR restrictions to certain quests aswell as some junctions so im not buying into that "you can do this in 2 days" 

Edited by Makunogo

5 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

um.. this is a new player im buying it for.... and im pretty sure second dream is not the first quest.. lol

I mean.... for me it is....

Everything before the 2nd Dream was just regular missions.... prety boring.

6 minutes ago, Makunogo said:

iirc there is some MR restrictions to certain quests aswell as some junctions so im not buying into that "you can do this in 2 days

I think the highest quest requirement is MR 7.... 

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Radehx:

I don't think not taking damage is her issue during long runs, but her damage is lacking to keep up a high enough kills per second figure.

Her damage directly depends on your weapons (that's why I think that her ultimate still sucks in comparison). 

With over 100% attack speed & fire rate you can deal insane damage if you bring the "right" weapons while having very high movement speed (get Amalgam Serration, too), CC and invisibility at your disposal.

A Wisp with a double-maiming Zaw Polearm is a very vicious thing. Or imagine an Opticor Vandal with less than 0.25s charge time, great fun 😛

One of my favourite abilities however is being able to open Friendship Doors on your own, that's rather useful in Kuva missions when you want to clear the objective while the Siphon harvest is still going on.

3 minutes ago, Toran said:

One of my favourite abilities however is being able to open Friendship Doors on your own, that's rather useful in Kuva missions when you want to clear the objective while the Siphon harvest is still going on.

Are you using her to activate the door then teleport to the other side to activate it?

11 minutes ago, Toran said:

Her damage directly depends on your weapons (that's why I think that her ultimate still sucks in comparison). 

With over 100% attack speed & fire rate you can deal insane damage if you bring the "right" weapons while having very high movement speed (get Amalgam Serration, too), CC and invisibility at your disposal.

A Wisp with a double-maiming Zaw Polearm is a very vicious thing. Or imagine an Opticor Vandal with less than 0.25s charge time, great fun 😛

Problem is, this doesn't scale well and your kps drops too much during endless runs due to how armor scales in this game. Frames like Garuda or Ash can keep up, Wisp can't even close to that during long runs. Not saying she's trash, but her damage output is significantly less than what some more suitable frames can do.

vor einer Stunde schrieb (PS4)Radehx:

Problem is, this doesn't scale well and your kps drops too much during endless runs due to how armor scales in this game. Frames like Garuda or Ash can keep up, Wisp can't even close to that during long runs. Not saying she's trash, but her damage output is significantly less than what some more suitable frames can do.

One Word: Naramon

People just don't believe anything if you don't link a video. I don't do videos, I smash stuff.

Let me just say that Ash and Garuda not even come close (unless they got the same buffs 😋). I'm not talking out of theory but praxis here. Wisp plays more like a Warcry Valkyr on steroids, just with the neat extra abilities on top.

vor 1 Stunde schrieb Datam4ss:

Are you using her to activate the door then teleport to the other side to activate it?

Stand at switch 1, send the clone to switch 2.

Activate switch 1, change to clone by pressing 2 again, activate switch 2.

You've got about a second or so to activate the second switch, si it's rather easy to pull off after little practice.

1 hour ago, Toran said:

People just don't believe anything if you don't link a video. I don't do videos, I smash stuff.

Let me just say that Ash and Garuda not even come close (unless they got the same buffs 😋). I'm not talking out of theory but praxis here. Wisp plays more like a Warcry Valkyr on steroids, just with the neat extra abilities on top.

And Valkyr is also weaker than Garuda/Ash for long endless runs...and it's not even close. There's just no way they can compete with frames that get around armor. If you believe otherwise, you haven't done multi-hour runs 😉

Edited by (PS4)Radehx

2 hours ago, Toran said:

Big words. Ash is probably in the top 3 frames in the game for endurance runs. I don't think Wisp comes close.

Edited by Ikyr0

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

Big words. Ash is probably in the top 3 frames in the game for endurance runs. I don't think Wisp comes close.

Basically this. There's a reason most chaps who do multi-hour runs pick frames that can cope with the insane armor scaling. That's why they run with Ash, Ivara, Octavia, Garuda and so on...and NOT Valkyr or lol Wisp. Doesn't mean Valkyr/Wisp are bad frames, but they can't compete with frames that can basically nullify armor.

22 hours ago, Xirka said:

Anyone who says Adaption isn't good either has not tried it or tried to face tank with it on. 

Here we go. Rules for using Adaptation:

1) frame has above >200 armor and/OR

2) frame has 90% DR

You CAN slot it on any frame in low level content. It wouldn't be efficient, but you can do it.

Anyone who's saying to slot Adaptation on Wisp for endurance runs hasn't done endurance runs. 🤣

For Adaptation to work, you need to be able to take a bunch of hits, which is why it works best on frames like Nidus and Nezha. A lvl 200 in Mot will punch through anything without invuln or 90% DR in one hit, so your Adaptation will never get to stack. Wisp gets one-shot at this level, like any other frame without 90% DR or invuln. Nothing to do with facetanking. She simply can't get shot once. Even a super high armor frame would get one-shot, which is why frames without perma stealth and/or invuln and/or 99% DR (Nidus, Nova, Nezha with Adaptation) can't do endurance runs well. This is commonly understood, so you saying otherwise basically tells me you're making up stories.

Edited by Ikyr0

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Basically this. There's a reason most chaps who do multi-hour runs pick frames that can cope with the insane armor scaling. That's why they run with Ash, Ivara, Octavia, Garuda and so on...and NOT Valkyr or lol Wisp. Doesn't mean Valkyr/Wisp are bad frames, but they can't compete with frames that can basically nullify armor.

I legit think there are a few people in this thread who don't actually know what an endurance run is 🤣

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I legit think there are a few trolls in this thread who haven't actually done endurance runs 🤣

Yeah. There's just no way to kill fast enough at truly high levels unless you find a way to cope with armor...you simply can't kill fast enough with frames like Valkyr. And at one-shot levels, it's obviously irrelevant how much health you have. You either need invisibility or build around invulnerability with frames like Nidus.

90% DR is irrelevant if the 10% that gets through easily exceeds your health pool.

Edited by (PS4)Radehx
  • Like 2

51 minutes ago, Ikyr0 said:

I legit think there are a few people in this thread who don't actually know what an endurance run is 🤣

And

47 minutes ago, (PS4)Radehx said:

Yeah. There's just no way to kill fast enough at truly high levels unless you find a way to cope with armor...you simply can't kill fast enough with frames like Valkyr. And at one-shot levels, it's obviously irrelevant how much health you have. You either need invisibility or build around invulnerability with frames like Nidus.

90% DR is irrelevant if the 10% that gets through easily exceeds your health pool.

The typical "I sit in survival for three hours" guy arguments. This isn't so called endgame. This "endurance runs" are simply things people do when they want to do it, but are completely irrelevant to the core game itself. It may be a bit hard to swallow, but this thing you are talking about isn't "truly high level" or "the real challenge". It's simply "how much can I cheese the game with the current available mechanics" and "I want to do this because the Devs allowed it".

Sure, nobody's stopping you from playing survival that long. You can enjoy the challenge if you want. But a vast majority of the player base will never play your so called "truly high levels" because they are pointless outside of challenging the self. Plus most people wouldn't even play Warframe long enough to get to those levels in one session.

4 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

The typical "I sit in survival for three hours" guy arguments. This isn't so called endgame.

Ok, so our definitions differ. my OP was relative to the most common definition. Endgame literally means "most difficult content", as in "the end of the game". Sortie 3 isn't that. Killing an Eidolon or Orb isn't that. Endurance runs, including Arbies and maybe ESO, are the most endgamey content. Believe it or not, there are a lot of players who do endurance runs to stress test their frames/weapons. These are the players I'm speaking to.

Edited by Ikyr0
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ikyr0 said:

Ok, so our definitions differ. my OP was relative to the most common definition. Endgame literally means "most difficult content", as in "the end of the game". Sortie 3 isn't that. Killing an Eidolon or Orb isn't that. Endurance runs, including Arbies and maybe ESO, are the most endgamey content.

When seen in terms of most games, "endgame" is the most difficult content available, yes, but most of such games do not have infinite scaling modes that DO NOT scale rewards (i.e. if they have a challenge tower or whatever the rewards and exp scales accordingly, and the rewards are normally worth the push). Warframe, on the other hand, has the infinite scaling without the rewards scaling. Which means there is no push to go higher.

Which kinda means DE's intent is to bore you out of the game mode until you quit. Which wouldn't exactly count as endgame since even the Devs don't want you to stay too long.

A bit like how you wouldn't call trying to gimp your character in Skyrim/Fallout/Any RPG until you can leap off the highest mountain and survive the fall endgame, although that is much harder than anything else the game offers and takes a lot more grind/knowledge to pull off.

5 minutes ago, Datam4ss said:

When seen in terms of most games, "endgame" is the most difficult content available, yes,

I'm just saying...that's the content that my tips are for. the fact that you don't enjoy that content is moot.

• Like 1

Just now, Ikyr0 said:

I'm just saying...that's the content that my tips are for. the fact that you don't enjoy that content is moot.

In a way, your entire point/topic is moot if nobody is gonna play that content, just saying. It's not about me or you. Anyone who plays the content probably already knows what they have to do with whatever frame they want to bring there. You don't sit 3 hours + in survival without knowing what to do, because that does not work.