The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

4x CP/SD aura ''meta'' makes Hildryn useless

Wyrmius_Prime

So... I did some testing, and it's not really helpful to OP's point.

I have a Strength Hildryn. It's not totally min-maxed, but I get 56% Armour Strip before I proc Growing Power, and I decided to test what the low limits of Hildryn are, and see what can be done with Pillage in situations where enemies have only 10% of the Armour they should have.

Visit to the testing grounds (yes, yes, Simulacrum, I know, but for maths) yields... interesting results.

Here's what I've found; level 1 enemies, Butchers, literally only have 5 armour. Annnnd... it's impossible to tell, if you let Pillage stretch out, Hildryn's natural shield recharge kicks in and restores the cost of your ability anyway. (For reference, my Pillage costs 105 Shields, so meh Shield Recharge fixes me up for it even if I get nothing back.) If you recall it early, you get a value of 3 shields, which means that the minimum return value is 1, since Warframe does round up on units when they're not 'over time'.

Now, scale that up, a level 50 Butcher has only 27.66 armour, but then the returned value was 15. A level 100 Butcher has 82.68 and returned 45, and a level 150 (I can go up to 165, but maths is easier at round numbers) gets 163.86 Armour, and restores 91. All within the exact expected values.

So, the actual conversion we can show is pretty much 1-1 right?

Next I checked the Corpus with their Shields. Level 1, 150 Shields, restores 84. Level 50, 2,851 Shields, restores 1596. (I had to lower my shields down because Overshields cap our at 1200). Level 100, 11,176 Shields, restores 6258, which is 0 to Maximum on my own Hildryn who only has 5565 Shields including Overshields.

Okay. So we know what this 1-1 ratio can do if you use it on Corpus, for example, and just for reference let's choose an enemy that's a little beefier for the Grinner, their standard Heavy Gunner, which starts off at level 8, and has 500 base Armour.

Level 8, 500 Armour, restores 280. Level 50, 2232 Armour restores 1250. Level 100, 7332 Armour, restores 4106. Level 150, 15,103 Armour, restores 8457 shields.

And this is where it gets interesting.

Because confirming that a 1-1 ratio on all of these enemies brings us to the crux of the matter; allies using Corrosive Projection and Shield Disruption, usually 3 players against our OP, meaning that enemies only have 10% Armour or 28% Shields.

On a grunt like a Butcher, this is basically the difference between getting 3 shields and getting 1 shield. It's low either way, you're done. On a group of enemies that include more variety, however, this becomes more interesting.

Let's say we're at level 50, we encounter a bunch of Grineer, there's two Lancers, a Butcher, and a Gunner. Not a lot, right? With all of their armour at 10% of it's max, they have a combined pool of 391.9 Armour, and that's only 219 Shields back. Very unfair of your allies.

But... let's say we're at level 100, encounter those same four enemies, it's up to 1237.5 Armour for 693 restored shields.

How often do you only ever encounter that few grineer though? What's to say a Bombard, Scorch/Napalm, Hyekka Master and cats, Drahk Master and dogs, a Hellion or Ballista aren't there too?

If you're an assortment of Grineer at level 100, heck even if they're only a couple of Elite Lancers, an Eviscerator and a couple of Scorpions, and even with 3x CP running you should be making back 600 or more shields on every cast of Pillage.

And on the Corpus? With 28% of their shields due to Shield Disruption on your allies? Because of how high Shield pools go, any 4 enemies should be restoring you up to 1000 shields per cast.

Hildryn gets better returns the higher you go, even with the Auras on. As long as you aren't silly enough to use either of those two mods yourself, and are sensible with your play and casting, she can self-sustain even with that kind of hampering.

tl;dr

As long as you don't gimp yourself on purpose by using CP or SD along with these other Pubs, Hildryn will actually function better at level 100 than she does at level 10. And if you actually decide to go higher, to level 150 and above, Hildryn's performance is indistinguishable from normal because the values are so high that even with enemies only having 10% or 28% of the defense types that you need, your cast of Pillage will be restoring you to max anyway.

Unless, and this is important, you've only managed to attract Butchers. Because they're bad no matter what.

3CP + 3 Coaction Drift? Trolling hildryn team? 

In fact, all this is not a problem. The problem is overshiedls very little to fully protect themselves from the toxin. And about the recovery of shields - Hey, there are plenty of methods in addition to "press 2"