The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Maximum Glaive *now With Video

CaveCricket48

ifnzmQFYHoW2k.png

Initially when I got the Glaive a while back in an alert, it just felt like a novelty item to me. 150 Charge damage wasn't bad, but low DPS due to throw time and all the bounces and such. More of a toy than a weapon.

But, with the four new mods that went out with U10, I'm finding the Glaive to be an extremely powerful weapon once given three of the four mods for it (Quick Return, Whirlwind, Power Throw).

While all of the other melee weapons (excluding Kestrel) would only AoE in front of you, the Glaive does a wonderful job at cutting down everything in a line as if you were throwing a mini Excalibur that would dash slash forward and then backward to return.

The Glaive is perfect right now. The mods you need to make it shine keep it balanced so the DPS won't get higher than your Gram/Orthos, but it takes on its own role of crowd damage. The delay in between throwing and catching lets you fire your gun so you can whip out the Glaive in one direction and shoot some grineer in the face behind you.

DE, you did a good job with the Glaive mods. Don't change it.

- Info about the Glaive -

Whirlwind: Increases the flight speed of the Glaive

Quick Return: Lowers the number of bounces the Glaive can have before returning. Mod must be maxed for the Glaive to return on the first collision.

Rebound: Increases the number of bounces the Glaive can have. However, the Glaive will still return if it reaches its maximum travel distance.

Power Throw: Allows the Glaive to puncture enemies, but not terrain. A puncture on an enemy is not counted as a "bounce," so you can still puncture through a large number of enemies with Power Throw and a max'd Quick Return. It is theorized that the puncture is a probability and ranking the mod increases the probability to puncture.

Fury does not increase the flight speed of the Glaive.

Edited by CaveCricket48

I think something is wrong with my game.... I CANNOT, find ..... rebound. I have searched far and wide, for hours on end, t1 to t3, derelict to derelict, survival to defense, in the bowels of lephantus, and I cannot find this mod!!!

I find Rebound in my very first Lephantis run n.n

and all of us that use kestrels instead want the same mods.

Kestrel is for something else, it's a CC weapon, much better than the glaive due to Ragdoll effect.

If you want Control use the Kestrel if you want damage use the Glaive. Each has a point. Who know's DE may have ideas for Kestrel but the Glaive is a special weapon in terms of what it means. It's the only Non-Attainable item outside of Log-In Reward.

I am still trying to get Whirlwind and Power Throw... having to use Fury as a form of fill-in Whirlwind.

Look at that build. Beautiful. No formas used either.

Yeah... I wished I had known that I have one Forma on my Glaive and won't be using another by mistake. Oh, well live and learn.

Edited by Estred

Actually, no.

The Kestrel should get force, stagger and multi-rebound mods. They should not be the same type of weapon. There's already enough overlap as it is with melee weapons.

Ding, Ding, Ding. Thank you. Rather than copy-pasting mods the Kestrel (heck most 'unique' weapons) can get their own mods. I would love to see Kestrel get something along these lines.

- Forceful Impact: up to 50% more powerful knockback

- Rebound/Quick Return (may be shared between Glaive and Kestrel)

It already has Stagger vs Medium Grineer. Many said the Kestrel was better than the Glaive because of it's CC potential and it still has that. Glaive is for damage and Kestrel is for Crowd Supression. Thus Kestrel should not have Pierce or Flight Speed mods as they don't make sense or are not needed.

Video added to OP. Not my best gameplay but you get the idea.

thx man, i have 2 more questions:

why did you max Power Throw if it's "infinite puncture" at all levels?

what does exactly do Quick Return? (wouldnt be better to add a dmg mod instead of it? maybe North Wind)

Ding, Ding, Ding. Thank you. Rather than copy-pasting mods the Kestrel (heck most 'unique' weapons) can get their own mods. I would love to see Kestrel get something along these lines.

- Forceful Impact: up to 50% more powerful knockback

- Rebound/Quick Return (may be shared between Glaive and Kestrel)

It already has Stagger vs Medium Grineer. Many said the Kestrel was better than the Glaive because of it's CC potential and it still has that. Glaive is for damage and Kestrel is for Crowd Supression. Thus Kestrel should not have Pierce or Flight Speed mods as they don't make sense or are not needed.

Flight speed would actually make sense for the Kestral.  However, I would like to see a heat-seeking mod for the Kestral, as opposed to a piercing one.  Basically, after the Kestral hits its first target (the player can still miss), it would seek out an additional target within a certain distance, and repeat this process until all bounces are used up. 

Why do this?  Because the Kestral is currently crap at defense missions (or any other situation in which groups of enemies are attacking).  The extra bounces rarely hit anything, and are extremely unpredictable.  It needs to reliably disable more than one person at a time if fully modded. 

thx man, i have 2 more questions:

why did you max Power Throw if it's "infinite puncture" at all levels?

what does exactly do Quick Return? (wouldnt be better to add a dmg mod instead of it? maybe North Wind)

Power Throw I max'd because it's speculated that the puncture is a probability and leveling increases it. I had space to level it so I just did.

Quick Return lowers the number of bounces the Glaive can have, meaning without it, if it hit a wall I'd have to wait much longer for it to return and then re-throw. A single damage mod vs twice or even three times the speed of my Glaive attacks, I'll take speed.